Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is your -one- most favorite paleo dish, you cant live without? page

talper is offline Member

what is your -one- most favorite paleo dish, you cant live without?

Primal Fuel
    we all have(or add) a non-primal dish we just couldnt live without before starting, lik sweets, pizza, burgers, bread....
    what is your one paleo dish, one that you didnt know before(like bacon) that was so good it surprised you?
    if you had to chose just one paleo dish to eat daily for the rest of your life, what would it be?

i would appreciate if added recipes will be added so we can all profit (:.

RJPants is offline Junior Member
    so this isn't strictly paleo, it's definitely for people who can handle dairy, but it's the recipe that I LOVE! Cures all my mac and cheese and mashed potato cravings! (I was a HUGE mac and cheese addict) This is called twice baked cauliflower!

Twice Baked Cauliflower

1 large head cauliflower
    4 oz. cream cheese
    2 T butter
    1/2 cup sour cream
    Half an Onion (diced, and sautéed in the bacon fat)
    1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
    6 slices bacon, cooked very crisp and crumbled
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    Salt to taste

Preheat oven to 350 F. Cut out stem and core from cauliflower, and cut into small pieces. Cook in large pot of boiling water until cauliflower is tender, but not overly soft. Drain well and mash with potato masher, leaving some chunks. Mix in cream cheese, butter, sour cream, onion, Parmesan, and 3/4 of the bacon.

Spread evenly in an 8 X 8 inch glass casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and reserved bacon. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

LizardGurl is offline Member
    Omelets. I have not eaten eggs since I was a kid. I hated the eggs my mother cooked so much that I never ate them. I decided to give eggs another try, and i LOVE them.

LG

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardGurl View Post
    Omelets. I have not eaten eggs since I was a kid. I hated the eggs my mother cooked so much that I never ate them. I decided to give eggs another try, and i LOVE them.

LG
    I always did love eggs but for years backed off because of the conventional advice. I am making up for lost time. Pressed for time? Didn't shop? Meat not defrosted? Eggs, eggs, eggs. I buy 36 at a time.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

TerpsPwn_387 is offline Member
    Baked Chicken thighs marinated in a mixture of Almond butter and coconut oil, with a spicy chicken rub.

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    Mark's double pork stuffed chicken breasts - with a few tweaks to my personal tastes - have it about once a week ... oh, and liver and kidneys which I love and my family hate, so the excuse for eating them just can't be beaten!

ErinC is offline Senior Member
    I'm on Team Egg too. I held off on my egg love for years because "eggs are so bad for you," and I just couldn't abide eating boring old whites only, since I love yolks. But now? I go egg crazy.

My fave breakfast is a scramble/frittata of sorts that takes about 10 minutes to make in the morning:
    1) Wilt some baby spinach in a pan or skillet full of melted butter.
    2) Crack 4 eggs into the pan.
    3) Crumble in some crunchy bacon pieces (I cook bacon ahead of time and keep it in the fridge specifically for this purpose).
    4) Grind a little fresh pepper over the whole she-bang.
    5) "Stir" and fold the eggs, spinach and bacon together with a rubber spatula to get them all combined
    6) Once the eggs appear to be just cooked, shave a tiny sprinkling of old cheddar over the top of the whole thing.
    7) Cover pan with a lid and turn off heat. Allow the steam to finish cooking the eggs and melt the cheese.
    8) Slide out of pan onto plate.
    9) Eat.
    10) Remain blissfully sated for like 6 hours (at least, I do...).

colejames is offline Member
    Grassfed ground beef is a godsend for people like me who are too lazy to cook elaborately

Cooked with mushrooms and onions
    Cooked with stir fry veggies
    Burgers
    Meatloaf
    Cooked and just thrown in salads

Possibilities are endless

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    chicken chunked up with zucchini, onion, mushrooms and bell pepper - tossed with BBQ rub and a buttload of crushed dried peppers - all fried up in a pan with a little bacon grease. Finish by sprinkling in diced up sundried tomatoes to warm through.

Thai squid salad - though I don't make it. I pick it up for dinner often. Heavenly!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Pot Roast in the crock pot, I just google for a recipe that has the ingredient on hand, throw them in the crock set it on low and come home to dinner! I just add a huge salad and voila!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast