Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ugh coworker thinks I need anti depressant meds page

jenh is offline Senior Member
    Vernon Hills, IL (Northern Chicago suburbs)

Angry ugh coworker thinks I need anti depressant meds

Primal Fuel
    Okay, so I know this week hasn't been productive and I've started falling off the primal wagon yet again.

Work is almost non-motivating as the culture that is fed from my boss and the boss's boss...is somewhat nothing but fear oriented. I enjoy the people I support and from a CW perspective believe in the company. I saw CW because it's a very large healthcare company so you know it's messages are typically low-fat blah, blah, blah........ She is even questioning whether I like this diet and thinks it works. WTF? How can one say that when I got off blood pressure meds and nexium? Yes, I haven't seen the big numbers and I've been doing this since late dec 2010, but just not what I wanted or needed to hear.

And.....Why the hell do I care what anyone thinks? Granted I know I haven't hardly done squat at work this week and I don't want to get to where I was when my dog passed away last Thanksgiving. But I know when I eat better I typically feel fantastic. Ugh, I just needed to vent to those who likely understand....
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

Oh, I should mention I've tried antidepressants in the past for pain reasons from endometriosis and IBS. One med actually gave me chest pains and the other made me so damn tired I couldn't hardly move in the mornings.
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Either I'm reading wrong or you didn't state why your co-worker thinks you need anti depressants. Everyone that hates their job should be on meds then? good to know..

yeah, well I think the combination of me not doing squat this week, knowing I battle some issues with using food for comfort, stress here at work and home... Yes, she knows I see a shrink but because I hate my job and am lacking motivation therefore equals needing meds. She must've forgotten the day where it "blew up" and I wasn't going to come into work... I was bawling in the shower. That hasn't happened since...and I was severely having issues re: the loss of my dog, my best friend and daughter... Yes, I view the dog as family so if you don't understand that then one may not understand why that period of depression was so bad.
    My goal pic...

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenh View Post
    yeah, well I think the combination of me not doing squat this week, knowing I battle some issues with using food for comfort, stress here at work and home... Yes, she knows I see a shrink but because I hate my job and am lacking motivation therefore equals needing meds. She must've forgotten the day where it "blew up" and I wasn't going to come into work... I was bawling in the shower. That hasn't happened since...and I was severely having issues re: the loss of my dog, my best friend and daughter... Yes, I view the dog as family so if you don't understand that then one may not understand why that period of depression was so bad.
    Pets are family I'm totally with that. I don't even live with my gf's dog but I love him. It seems as though you've been through some really rough times, but it seems your coworker isn't exactly being supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Pets are family I'm totally with that. I don't even live with my gf's dog but I love him. It seems as though you've been through some really rough times, but it seems your coworker isn't exactly being supportive.
    Thanks for your support... Yes, I loved my dog immensely and am happy I have a new one...hence my avatar... I think she was *trying* to be supportive, just may have come out wrong perhaps but I was still in UGH status. Since I got past that things are typically much better...
    My goal pic...

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Ignore the coworker. It's your life. Let yourself grieve.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Everyone has bad weeks. Everyone. No really. EVERYONE. Just relax and take care of yourself and things will bounce back. I used to get upset at myself for times when i kind of down or distracted or unmotivated and wasnt really productive at work. But these things happen. Luckily, during my better weeks I get a lot MORE done than usual because being primal means I have better energy and focus.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Yvonne PHX Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nion View Post
    Ignore the coworker. It's your life. Let yourself grieve.
    +1. If I had a dollar for everyone I know who went on serious psychiatric meds because they were grieving, I'd have, well, like, 8 dollars...but still. My point is that grieving and sadness and depression are a normal part of human life. In some cultures they are even considered healthy and sacred (until our drug companies get there, anyway, to pathologize being a person).

Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Everyone has bad weeks. Everyone. No really. EVERYONE. Just relax and take care of yourself and things will bounce back. I used to get upset at myself for times when i kind of down or distracted or unmotivated and wasnt really productive at work. But these things happen. Luckily, during my better weeks I get a lot MORE done than usual because being primal means I have better energy and focus.
    Thanks. I really like this... Yes I am more productive all around when I feel better...and maybe part of this is still grieving since it's been under a year that I lost my dog... But your signature is great too. My new dog, I couldn't get to open her mouth for meds due to an infection - I wrapped it BACON! And boy she never looked back! I don't think she even hardly chewed. What critter/animal doesn't love bacon? Hehehehe
    My goal pic...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast