Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: can you eat other Sausages other then bacon? page 2

Pooka is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    ummm yeah.. none of those here in Kansas
    Or Oklahoma. It's fun being primal/paleo/ancestral and living in a food desert. Makes for a nice challenge.

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    My butcher shop makes sausage to order.. so that is where i get mine. Not a fan of his bacon though...

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    I just eat the freakin' bacon. I already eat ZERO grains, I'm not going to stress myself out and limit my options even further by nit-picking my bacon.

Finnabair is offline Senior Member
    Uncured bacon is rare where I live, and this is the first mention I've seen of uncured being what the Primal/Paleo folks eat. Wow. That needs to be more visible as a caveat.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I think that cured bacon can fall into the "20" part of 80/20.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    ...and most people here do not eat bacon daily.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoS View Post
    I just eat the freakin' bacon. I already eat ZERO grains, I'm not going to stress myself out and limit my options even further by nit-picking my bacon.
    Totally agree. I get a pack of bacon maybe once a month (probably less), so I don't sweat it at all. Many vegetables have more nitrates than bacon. And the amount of sugar added to bacon is almost always minimal. Chill out and enjoy it on occasion.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by talper View Post
    wait so everyone here, that speak so highly of bacon speak only of uncured bacon? but most stores sell the cured one, no?
    im not sure i can even find uncured bacon here in israel...does it mean i shouldnt eat bacon daily?
    No, most people are talking about regular bacon. Bacon is the junk food of the Primal world. It's not nearly as bad as a grilled cheese sandwich fried in margarine, don't get me wrong, but it's not good for you. Bacon is kind of like this misleading mascot to get people on the bandwagon IMO. Everyone seems to love bacon, so people are lead into this lifestyle by promises of lots and lots of bacon. And it can be good, because replacing donuts and french fries with bacon is a huge step in the right direction. The concern begins when people start thinking that bacon is actually healthy. It's loaded with PUFA's, they're almost entirely omega 6, it's full of salt and nitrates...it's not exactly good stuff. The occasional pack of bacon, stick of pepperoni or hot dog isn't going to kill you and is a sensible indulgence and will work in a pinch if you must, but to make it a dietary staple because you think it's nutritious is a mistake.

Uncured bacon is better since it doesn't have nitrates, but it's still loaded with a lot of omega 6.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoS View Post
    +1

thank you
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcb View Post
    My butcher shop makes sausage to order.. so that is where i get mine. Not a fan of his bacon though...
    my butcher makes it but it has msg in it and is HIGH in sodium so I make my own. Its fabulous and EASY!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast