Thread: Best way to recover from too many carbs? page

Kaizen Guest

Primal Fuel

Alright well I'm adjusting to eating more primal, I'm slowly adjusting so I can stay on track but my carbs tend to be a little higher at times. With that being said, if I ended up eating a bit too many carbs one day, would it be best to workout again? Yesterday I had quite a few carbs (at least 200 or more)so I decided later on that I would do quite a few kettlebell swing along with a few other kettlebell exercises. I figure I'd burn off some of those carbs, but not sure if this is smart or even useful. Obviously keeping carbs lower is the best bet, but for those days when I divulge and eat a few too many what do you all suggest or do?

dfast is offline Member

You could exercise if you wanted (I would probably just fall asleep from the crash!). Really though, I think your best bet would be to just keep carbs really low the next day - so it 'averages out'. The body doesn't think in terms of 'x calories per day'; the big picture is what's important. Don't stress too much about it.

Kaizen Guest

Right, I don't care much about calories, honestly I don't want to count anything, but for now I will. I get a little bored at times, right now I don't have much to do after work and I want to workout again.

GotPrimal Guest

I'd just IF...

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

If you're having trouble adjusting to a lower-carb lifestyle, just gradually reduce them a day at a time.

If you've been sort of low-carb for a while and have a high carb day, don't fret. Just go back to your plan the next day.

I've gone pretty much zero carb on occasion. When I have a carby day, I'll take a couple meat & eggs only days after, but I don't think you need to go to that extreme.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Do some really intense weight lifting to empty your glycogen stores.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Kaizen Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Well yesterday I did legs and back, and this morning I did "Cardio X", which is a combination of Yoga, core exercises, and plyo. I&#39;ll do some heavy upper body lifting tomorrow, pretty excited, I really wanted to do it tonight but I&#39;ll wait. I might do Cardio X today, it&#39;s pretty intense. Today I made a good week&#39;s worth of steak (grass fed) and I bought like 4 days worth of steamable single serve veggies. So this week I should do good in lowering the carbs.