Thread: Best I've felt since I contracted Lyme disease page

kimwg is offline Member

Best I've felt since I contracted Lyme disease

Hi -- If you're new here and wondering whether this whole primal thing is worth it... It is. I started it because I wanted to lose weight, wanted to try low-carb after reading Gary Taubes' book, but wanted some kind of diet that had lots of fruits and veg (no Atkins for me, thanks).

Anyway, I've been "semi-primal" for about 5 weeks, and fully so for about 2 weeks. I haven't lost a pound, and at this point don't give a damn if I do, because this is the best I've felt in years. Lyme disease contracted a few years ago left me bedridden and on medical leave, and even after I "recovered" I never had the energy I had before. I thought I'd never get it back. But for the last week or so -- I feel like I used to feel!!! I'm not tired, I'm not cranky, I don't procrastinate because I have the energy to work, my sleep is good, I don't need an alarm clock to get out of bed anymore. I spontaneously exercise because I don't feel like sitting still anymore. My TV watching has been cut in half because when I get home, I'm no longer so exhausted that the only thing I can do is flop on the couch and turn on the tube.

I don't know if it will stay this way, but if it does, then screw grains and screw being a size 6 again, I'll be fat and happy and getting stuff done!

The first week sucked ("low carb flu") but since then it's been awesome. So give it a shot!

Kim

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Kim. It's great you are feeling good!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Rock on man... Lyme sucks... I had a nice IV drip in the hospital for a stint there and several multi month courses of Doxycyclin because my lyme kept "comming back"

It is down for the count now after 4 years of off and on antibiotics... reaked hell with my GI track too. I have not had any issues with it in 5 years now.

Cheers