Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: to snack or not to snack page 3

ogella is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For me, a fat/protein/carb ratio of 70/25/5 at each meal keeps me from feeling the need to snack. If I do feel like I need to snack, I first have a decaf black or green tea with stevia and often that is satisfying enough to get me to the next meal.

vwaggs is offline Junior Member
    I do believe there is plenty of research sited on Jack Kruse's site on why snacking is so harmful. I just started his plan a week ago and for the first time in my life, I am not obsessed with food. I don't even think about it! I used to snack every 2-3 hours because we were told this would help keep our metabolism going. Bull! What a bunch of liers. Jack also explains how not snacking regulates Lepton and helps your overall health.

PapaGrok is offline Member
    Forget about finding definitive research. Self-experimentation is the best research for yourself.

My n=1 experiment showed that no snacking and eating only two meals a day is the best for my performance , health, and happiness.

deyaffee is offline Junior Member
    I suppose that it would be really helpful if someone would devise an easy hormone check test that each person could take .... something that would measure the balance of the 10 major hormones involved with weight /fat storage. it would certainly take the guess work out of what to eat and wheterh to snack or not...and address each invidivual situation.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Why do so many people think they "need" snacks to be healthy? Why can't they get it that snacking is ruining their fat loss- not in every case, but in many.

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    There are several problems with snacking. Insulin has already been mentioned as one problem. Another is that a large portion of people underestimate how many calories they take in when they snack (a "handful of nuts" is pretty dense!), another is that many people mistake boredom or thirst for hunger.

There have been studies that indicate that greater eating frequency (i.e., snacks between meals) decreases satiety. In other words, snacking makes you more hungry than not snacking.

There are people here who benefit from snacks, but they seem to be a minority. I don't snack anymore, and I would recommend to others that they not snack.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    When I started my weight loss journey, I thought I was suppose to eat snacks, and so I did, healthy choices. So doing without has been hard but I am working on it.

I do fine from morning to lunch. Breakfast is anywhere from 4 - 7am, but regardless I can make it to lunch. Maybe an early lunch on the early days. But the stretch from lunch to supper is more difficult for me. Supper is usually 6 to 7 or 7:30, and by 2:30 or 3, I am wanting something.

Like now.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123