Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: paleo airport foods? page 4

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Not much to add to already great suggestions. I sometimes whip up a batch of Marks coconut bars to stash in the briefcase, they work. Also, if in Boston Logan Airport, Legal Seafood rocks, very primal!
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member

good call on the snacks

just skimmed this, but good call on the snacks--make sure that your snacks are customs inspections okay, though!

i know i had a little trouble with even "canned tuna" going across a border where i was having language trouble explaining that i wasn't bringing live fish.
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

cantare is offline Senior Member

Eating the skin...

Years ago I was stranded for most of a long winter night in a small airport in rural Wisconsin. Nothing to eat, not even from a vending machine. I could tell I was going out of my mind with hunger when a fellow passenger's buttery-soft calfskin jacket and Coach leather bag started looking quite good to me. I refrained from indulging in the end...after all, I wasn't Primal back then!

I do think my drooling may have freaked her out a tiny bit, though...

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Houston - IAH - United Terminal (not sure of the actual nomenclature, I was on United)
    There is a place called "Real Food" and it's sorta real'ish. They still have pasta and bread, but I ordered a half baked chicken with 2 sides of vegetables. They have other things as well but I was in a rush and didn't wander around looking at it.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Shaman is offline Junior Member
    I fly Southwest all the time and most of their terminals have recently launched a chain called Vino Volo, where you can get nut/cheese plates and some really tasty salads without goofy stuff like fried potato, etc. They are actually a wine-tasting bar, making it my new favorite place at the airport

Ingvildr is offline Senior Member
    This isn't a plug for the McDonald's, but I worked there for several years while in college. You can get just a meat patty in any of their meats, last I knew for a buck. (sometimes call it a dog patty-for the people who go through drive through with their dogs) You can also ask for a burger atkins style, which is with all the fixings minus the bun usually on a lettuce leaf. As a diabetic the sauces and dressings are pretty hopeless. I've also been known to eat a grilled chicken patty on a side salad which is just lettuce and tomato. I wouldn't recommend Burger king eggs(they were across the street and their employees came to McD's to eat), I was told they come premade from the freezer and get nuked.

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    san francisco one of the terminals has a farmer's market in it!
    and PDX has salmon jerky in just about every "made in Oregon" gift shop.
    in Atlanta there are some "cajun grills" that in the morning serve breakfast dishes like fried eggs and bacon.
    if you're in santiago, they've got some really great "bar and grills" in them, forgot the name, but it includes a "meat on a stick" area and a nice salad bar-- provided you're there at lunch hour.
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

PrimallyMiM is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ASmallOne View Post
    and PDX has salmon jerky in just about every "made in Oregon" gift shop.
    That sounds amazing! I will be travelling AMS-JFK-TPA-DFW-PDX-AMS in a week's time and was actually wondering about what to bring on the flights now that I have switched to primal a few months ago.
    I will definitely be stocking up on salmon jerky for the returnflight and will keep my eyes open for tips to share when I come across them at these airports.

youtacolot is offline Member
    ATL has some Boars Head kiosks that have premade grilled chicken salads with the croutons and cheese in separate, small containers so they can be thrown away. The chicken meat is pretty sad but edible. I think the dressings are all soy oil based.

IAD has Potbelly - great cobb salad with bacon! And chipotle - salad, double the meat if hungry, add guac.

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I take my own stuff when I can - Canned salmon put in a plastic bowl, veggies and nuts, etc.

If you're in Las Vegas (LAS), go to Blue Burrito for a breakfast burrito minus the tortilla. Recently had their eggs, cheese and carnitas in a bowl. Delicious!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast