Thread: 2 months in and GREAT results page

sethbiesterfelt is offline Junior Member

2 months in and GREAT results

So I became aware of this honey hole of knowledge only after reading Why We Get Fat. I then started researching paleo type diets and, big surprise, found myself here. I ordered the book and both cookbooks. Best. Decision. Ever.

Granted, I was skeptical at first. I mean, seriously, how can this really work? But then I read more and more and the evidence is so darn compelling. I mean, I'm ANGRY I feel like I've been fleeced for the last 28 years.

The hardest part for me is feeling like I need to somehow justify my "unorthodox" (in other's eyes) eating patterns to other people. I know it's silly, but it's a natural reaction for me.

So in the past two months I've lost about 17 pounds. I hovered around 185-190 for a long time, but about 5 years ago weighed 225. Exercise and not being a bum got me to 190, but I still didn't feel healthy. Started eating primal and, BAM, the weight fell off and I feel more energized than ever.

Still, I thought to myself, "I'm eating so many damn eggs and fat that my cholesterol must be going through the roof". Of cousre I only thought this as others were piping this conventional wisdom in my ear. Here's the good part. I have yearly blood tests for work. I'll let the numbers speak for themselves.

Last years stats: Weight-196. Waist- 38 inches. Blood pressure- 118/74. Triglycerides- 92. HDL- 50. LDL- 158. Ratio- 3.2

This years stats: Weight- 171 Waist- 33 inches. Blood pressure- 102/66. Triglycerides- 52. HDL- 70. LDL- 160.

Needless to say, I'm happy. Thank you all for being so awesome. I love feeling like I've discovered something so great.

CatPrimal is offline Junior Member
    Congrats on those wonderful results!! What an inspiration!

Dan208 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sethbiesterfelt View Post
    So I became aware of this honey hole of knowledge only after reading Why We Get Fat. I then started researching paleo type diets and, big surprise, found myself here. I ordered the book and both cookbooks. Best. Decision. Ever.

Granted, I was skeptical at first. I mean, seriously, how can this really work? But then I read more and more and the evidence is so darn compelling. I mean, I'm ANGRY I feel like I've been fleeced for the last 28 years.

The hardest part for me is feeling like I need to somehow justify my "unorthodox" (in other's eyes) eating patterns to other people. I know it's silly, but it's a natural reaction for me.

So in the past two months I've lost about 17 pounds. I hovered around 185-190 for a long time, but about 5 years ago weighed 225. Exercise and not being a bum got me to 190, but I still didn't feel healthy. Started eating primal and, BAM, the weight fell off and I feel more energized than ever.

Still, I thought to myself, "I'm eating so many damn eggs and fat that my cholesterol must be going through the roof". Of cousre I only thought this as others were piping this conventional wisdom in my ear. Here's the good part. I have yearly blood tests for work. I'll let the numbers speak for themselves.

Last years stats: Weight-196. Waist- 38 inches. Blood pressure- 118/74. Triglycerides- 92. HDL- 50. LDL- 158. Ratio- 3.2

This years stats: Weight- 171 Waist- 33 inches. Blood pressure- 102/66. Triglycerides- 52. HDL- 70. LDL- 160.

Needless to say, I'm happy. Thank you all for being so awesome. I love feeling like I've discovered something so great.
    Nice, and welcome.

In bold is what I've experienced too. People at work ask me why I don't eat "real" food, as they shove cookies, frozen dinners, etc into their mouths. I just ignore them now.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Great results so far. And you have discovered something great, as we all have. It's amazing how easily this works and "fixes" things for some.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.