Thread: Building Endurance Exercises page

Nethru is offline Member

Building Endurance Exercises

Shop Now
    What do you think would be better to help get my endurance up a bit better.

Tabata Burpees 20/10 (4 mins)

OR

10 mins of below as many rounds as possible:
    5 pullups
    10 pushups
    15 squats

Also plan on doing some Back Bridges/Leg Raises after the endurance workout.

I'm currently doing the 50 pullup workouts 3x a week but want to throw in 2 others days of quick exercises to help with other areas.

Thanks.
    ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Endurance for what?
    I do 100 rep squats 2 or 3 times per week, but that is because I want/need leg/posterior chain endurance.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Nethru is offline Member
    Maybee i'm not thinking right. I want do add something to my workout that will kick my butt and make me last longer and not get winded in Jui-Jitsu and other things of the sorts.
    ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    No, you are thinking right, I just wasn't sure if you wanted endurance for aerobic or anaerobic exercise. You need both.
    Your second choice (10 mins ) is better. It will both build aerobic and muscular endurance, which you will need in Jiu-Jitsu.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

robf is offline Member
    Instead of doing just burpees for 4 minutes Tabata style (20 on, 10 off). Why don't you do pushups, situps, squats and chinups Tabata style. So for each exercise you do 4 minutes each for a total of 16 minutes of work.

As for the Cindy workout, push it up to 20 minutes of 5 pullups, 10 pushups and 15 squats.

Both of these workouts will build your endurance as in both cases you are doing a variety of movements for a good length of time. These are both CrossFit workouts and if you want to build your endurance, try doing the work out of the day (WOD) at Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member