Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lady Gecko Primal Challenge Journal page

ldygeko is offline Member

Cool Lady Gecko Primal Challenge Journal

Ok, this is it. I NEVER start something without obsessively planning it from start to finish - but I am right now. As of today, I'm going Primal. I've been doing low-carb for a long time, but I have had some issues lately with sugar/bread cravings and I have caved...........a lot.......... over the last month.

I will post more later about how I got here and where I want to go. I just needed to get the words down on the screen, to get STARTED; stop THINKING and start DOING. Grok on!

Hmmmm, testing my siggy....
    Lady Gecko, a.k.a. Theresa.

Yesterday was my first day eating totally primal. Unfortunately, I came down with a GI illness unrelated to the primal eating - just a bug that is going around work. Ate a great b'fast, but around lunchtime was overcome with nausea and other things, so didn't eat anything at all the rest of the day....

B'fast was great though - scrambled eggs with onion and mushrooms, sausage, and bacon. Still not feeling well today, so will just be trying to get all my water in and will eat when I feel better. Hopefully it's a 24-hour thing.....

Day #2 - was pretty much 90% primal today. Still not really feeling very well, got a splitting headache even after pain killers, could be the "induction flu" that I have experienced before, or a residual from my illness from yesterday and this morning. Just gonna keep plugging along and get through the first 30 days. I really need to do some grocery shopping - the cupboards are bare of primal foods. It will get done eventually.......

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Theresa. I hope things get better quickly.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Thanks, Hedonist - I'm feeling back to normal today! Got tons of energy and raring to go.....

Day 3 yesterday was 100% primal, so it was a good day!

Ok, AFM today, got plans to do a lot of "lifting heavy things" - we have to carry out and load 45 sheets of OSB that we don't need for the roof - that should burn some serious calories, right? Oh, and picking up the old shingles from the ground around the cabin and carrying them to the dumpster. I'm just gonna keep telling myself it's all calories burned....... Made a big ol' primal b'fast for hubby and me today - bacon and eggs with onions and mushrooms. Yummmm! Ok, gotta get busy....

Day 4 yesterday was over 90% primal, so it was a great day! I made some turkey chili - hubby did request at least SOME beans, so I did put in one can. Turned out a little spicier than normal, but sure was good!

It rained, so we did not move all the OSB - couldn't take a chance of it getting wet and not being able to get our money back. Will have to take it back later in the week.... Back to work today. Weight stayed the same as yesterday. Tomorrow is registration night for my massage therapy school - can't wait to get started!

Day 5 today is 100% primal, as long as I don't have anything too bad before bed, LOL. I have a whole chicken in the oven with veggies and potatoes - the potatoes are for the non-Groks in my house. Here is what I ate today:

B: Breakfast shake of my own concoction
    L: Primal chili leftovers, 2 HB eggs
    Sn: Carrots, Almonds, HB eggs
    D: Roasted chicken, roasted veggies, and maybe some broccoli slaw.

gunnk is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like great progress! How are you feeling? I started seeing real health improvements within a few days of giving up grains and simple starches (i.e.: rice and potatoes).

Also -- love the sig: Jubal FTW!
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnk View Post
    Sounds like great progress! How are you feeling? I started seeing real health improvements within a few days of giving up grains and simple starches (i.e.: rice and potatoes).

Also -- love the sig: Jubal FTW!
    Hi, Gunnk! I am actually feeling wonderful - I have so much energy I am having problems sleeping, it's making me a bit nutso. Best of all, I haven't had that afternoon post-lunch slump lethargy that I had in the past. In fact, I worked my butt off straight up to quittin time and beyond and didn't even realize it was quittin time....

Thanks - I love the quote myself - to me it means how I felt before PB, and I now grok that I WAS on the wrong path entirely!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast