Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What the Hell is wrong? page

Primetimegirl is offline Member

What the Hell is wrong?

Primal Fuel
    Okay so I have posted about this before, but now I am really lost. I had great success on losing weight and maintaining it back in june/july. Then I slipped off the wagon and ate all kids of things I shouldn't have. I got the bloat and horrible pains, but no real weight gain. What I mean by no real weight gain is that I would get water weight then the next day I would be back down to my original weight or sometimes lower. Now granted I was eating dark chocolate, multi grain cheerios, cookies, ice cream and the sorts. What I don't understand is that despite the horrible feeling, I did not gain weight.

So now here I am going back primal and being strict about it and I have gained 6 pounds since going strict. I weighed less eating crap. Now I eat real food and weigh more. What gives? In a typical day I eat this:

Breaky- 4-6 strips of bacon, and 3 eggs fried in bacon grease
    lunch- 8 oz. beef loin with about 2 cups of boiled brussel sprouts
    dinner- 8 oz. beef or chicken with about another 2 cups or more of brussel sprouts, broccoli, or other green veggie, or carrots sauted in coconut oil.

If I snack it would be in the afternoon and it may be a few hardboiled eggs, or carrots. I rarely snack though. And before being so strict about primal I ate crap and weighed so much less and has better body composition. I weighed 120 and now I weight 127-128 depending. Someone please help me out here. What am I am doing wrong this time?

Bamaphotopro is offline Senior Member
    What are your workouts like? Are you following Mark's fitness regimen?
    Bamaphotopro - Wedding & Portrait Photographer, Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Age 56 - Quad Bypass Survivor, Sept. 16, 2005
    Went Primal - 8/22/2011 - 218 lbs.
    9/13/2011 - 206 lbs. (Wife Noticed!)
    Next Goal - 200 lbs. - Leaner & Stronger

http://www.momentsnoticed.com

Facebook Personal Profile (Friend Me!):
    http://www.facebook.com/Bamaphotopro

Facebook Pro Page (Be a Fan!):
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Moment...C/111048610165

Primetimegirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaphotopro View Post
    What are your workouts like? Are you following Mark's fitness regimen?
    I do not follow his workouts. I'm not really working out much at the time being. I chase after my two kids all day and carry them around. When I do workout though I workout with weights. I take walks sometimes with the kids. My body is still re-adjusting to primal food and ridding my body of sugar and other yucky stuff, so energy is not as high as it should be. I guess I'm worried because I have gained 6-8 pounds just while switching back to primal from my traditional junk diet.

Trixie is offline Junior Member
    How long has it been? A week or two or longer? It always takes me a week or two for my body to adjust to this and start to drop weight. BUT I drop inches like crazy. Try drinking more water and give it another couple of weeks. And take some measurements to see if inches are coming off.

Phkemp is offline Member

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetimegirl View Post
    I do not follow his workouts. I'm not really working out much at the time being. I chase after my two kids all day and carry them around. When I do workout though I workout with weights. I take walks sometimes with the kids. My body is still re-adjusting to primal food and ridding my body of sugar and other yucky stuff, so energy is not as high as it should be. I guess I'm worried because I have gained 6-8 pounds just while switching back to primal from my traditional junk diet.
    Don't worry about working out right now. You are indeed getting the same workout as your grandmothers since when they were swinging in trees. MORE Get your rest. That is just as important as exercise.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    I've been really strict too and I'm somehow up two pounds! It just doesn't make sense. But I trust that there are fluctuations in water weight (near my TOM and I'm lifting heavy so I assume there is some muscle repair going on) Just keep at it. Worst case scenario - you always have junk to fall back on.

I also thought I'd add - for someone who only weighs 120 it seems like you're likely eating more calories than you need. By what I calculate in fitday - you're getting close to 2000 calories a day. You're eating a lot of protein you likely don't need. Maybe eat more veggies!
    Last edited by Kenzington; 09-21-2011 at 09:10 PM.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    That is an awful lot of bacon....is that every day?

jjones is offline Member
    Could be you just don't need to look at the scale. Are you getting fat, or just heavy? Extra weight could be higher muscle mass, bone density, I don't know. Measure your waist, hips and thighs and go from there.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    4-6 pcs bacon and 3 fried eggs in bacon grease - a lot food, fat - calories. Try 2 pc bacon, 2 eggs and mushrooms. Have a salad with your protein at lunch and the Brussels sprouts at dinner. You may have been eating less junk calories and hence no actual weight gain.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast