Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you use a calorie counter? Example fit day? page 3

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by pdovers View Post
    I have to track calories because I am a food addict. When I read that there is no need to count calories as long as you stay 80% primal my reaction is - oh boy, you don't know how much I can eat! I use fitday to plan my meals and stay close to my daily caloric needs.
    EXACTLY! Same for me
    Billie trips balls

Meegads is offline Senior Member
    I started tracking on FitDay when I started primal, just to keep a rough track of how I felt when I ate certain things, what amounts of fat vs protein vs carbs made me feel good, bad, weak, energetic, etc. Now I feel like I have a pretty good handle on what I should or should not be eating, but I still track because it's become a habit. I don't worry about it, though - I just enter what I've eaten that day and move on. I HAVE been pleasantly surprised a few times, though - I've had a few heavy fruit days where I thought my carbs would be through the roof, but they were still below 100g. So that made me happy.
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I tracked on fit day when I started primal, maybe about the first month. Now I track one week about every 3 months just to check my progress. Once in a great while, if I've eaten an extra ton of food or something new/unfamiliar to me, I'll log that day just to see how it turns out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123