Thread: I am beside myself...maybe even a little depressed? page

Monika is offline Member

Unhappy I am beside myself...maybe even a little depressed?

Shop Now
    I just have to put this out there...
    I went Primal about 30 days ago, thank goodness! I have felt better than I ever have about my eating habits and not worrying so much about endless counting of calories. I have dropped a few pounds and my energy level is up all the way around. ***BUT*** I went and had my body fat % tested at Kaiser yesterday, the electromagnetic measure method....accuracy is just below the Gold Standard I'm told and well above the caliper. So before I go any further, let me give you some facts.

I have strength trained for 3 years consistently (7 years total),and have now lessened the cardio from "chronic" to low impact
    I started 30 days ago Primal @ 141 and now @ 137
    I am 5'4"
    AND my f'ing BF is 28%!!! I am a little distraught knowing that more than 1/4 of my body is fat!

The better part is, I still feel "good" ...but I do have this gross layer on top of my muscles and I just don't know where to start and maybe shed 5-10% ...I never thought my BF would be that high. I would have hated to see what it was a month ago! I have some good muscle (visually) for a woman...

While I don't have the exact numbers with me, this is what I remember..

39 lbs of fat
    98 lbs of Lean Muscle

I will welcome all comments, suggestions, ideas.....EVERYTHING...because regardless of how I feel...I can't help but think... the numbers don't lie and I'm a little upset.

Scotty is offline Senior Member
    Patience. 30 days is a good start. You have lost 4 pounds. You don't know what your BF was 30 days ago. Keep it up. You have the rest of your life. Patience.

dado Guest
    Stop obsessing over numbers, numbers are an external validation.

Look within. You said you feel good. What's the problem?

Throw that paradigm out the window, that's television bs, that's hollywood bs.

Live, live, live, live.

"Gore gore, gore gore"

Monika is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Patience. 30 days is a good start. You have lost 4 pounds. You don't know what your BF was 30 days ago. Keep it up. You have the rest of your life. Patience.
    Point taken... and I want to adopt you as my cheerleader....thank you for the reply and your right...I've just started...But I sure would like to lose the fat and weigh the same than lose pounds and remain at 28% bf. I will keep on...keeping on....Primal

Monika is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    Stop obsessing over numbers, numbers are an external validation.
    Ah the infamous Dado~ I will follow this advice as it may prove to be difficult at times....I will reflect on how I feel which is pretty darn good lately...

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Like the others have said, they're only numbers. The numbers themselves are inconsequential because they're only part of the trip, not the destination.

The important part is that you feel good and you are on the right path. This isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle and one that you will most likely adopt for the rest of your life. You will naturally transform into your optimal self.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    *Removed because I realized after I wrote it that it wasn't the most sensitive of comments*
    Last edited by Uncephalized; 09-22-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal