Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fat how much do you eat? page

fat how much do you eat?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all, I am curious to see how many grams of fat you guys eat in a day. im 6'2 227 lbs. i get about 70 to 180 grams of fat a day. Wonderng if others are simular. thanks

Mark
    Started at 307 regular diet and exercise went to 285 and stalled. Went primal and went to 227! I always was a brutish caveman now I eat like one!
    Goal weight.....?

dado Guest
    I couldn't tell you. But I can say I never worry about eating too much fat. I eat the bacon, sometimes a pack in the morning, sometimes no bacon. I make sure to eat the fat on the meat and stomach it like a warrior.

It works out, forget grams.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I haven't really been counting lately. I bet it is at least 1/2 my calories. I don't go out of my way to eat it. I know some folks here eat coconut oil by the spoonful, but I've never been into that.

I have a splash of cream in my coffee. I'm not shy about adding a little fat to the pan when I'm cooking or putting a little butter on my veggies. Aside from a bit of bacon on the weekends, I don't tend to go for really fatty cuts of meat. Just personal taste. Cheese is an occasional indulgence. Not a daily thing. It doesn't sound like a lot but it adds up.

a pack ? like a whole back of bacon?
    Started at 307 regular diet and exercise went to 285 and stalled. Went primal and went to 227! I always was a brutish caveman now I eat like one!
    Goal weight.....?

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Mark View Post
    By a bit of bacon I mean a couple rashers. My husband and I go through a 1/2 pound pack between the two of us on the weekend.

ETA: I just looked at our bacon and a pack is 360 cal with 30g of fat. I don't think that's a whole lot. I could eat that much for breakfast if I weren't also eating eggs. Rock on, Dado.
    Last edited by DaisyEater; 09-21-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    I haven't really been counting lately. I bet it is at least 1/2 my calories. I don't go out of my way to eat it. I know some folks here eat coconut oil by the spoonful, but I've never been into that.

I have a splash of cream in my coffee. I'm not shy about adding a little fat to the pan when I'm cooking or putting a little butter on my veggies. Aside from a bit of bacon on the weekends, I don't tend to go for really fatty cuts of meat. Just personal taste. Cheese is an occasional indulgence. Not a daily thing. It doesn't sound like a lot but it adds up.
    i have seen that too with the spoons of fat. i was having issues and was told my fat was low. and it was true because i feel amazing now. i was getting only 70 gram max. i just dont want to over due it im not done loosing weight.
    thanks for your feedback
    Goal weight.....?

dado Guest
    Yea, like the the 12 pieces or so that come in a regular pack of bacon from the supermarket.

When I eat the Bosnian bacon from the Bosnian store, I don't know. I eat that in crazy ammounts and it's all raw. Someone said it's smoked. That's all good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    Yea, like the the 12 pieces or so that come in a regular pack of bacon from the supermarket.

When I eat the Bosnian bacon from the Bosnian store, I don't know. I eat that in crazy ammounts and it's all raw. Someone said it's smoked. That's all good to me.
    i wonder if the my fitness pal app is messing me up. and maybe i shouldnt use it. go by feel?
    Goal weight.....?

dado Guest
    i wonder if the my fitness pal app is messing me up. and maybe i shouldnt use it. go by feel?
    Hey, if you're asking me, throw the whole damn phone out not just the app.

Feel is a lost art.

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    I think given that we get fat also through oils that we cook with and the fact that it's in many things to varying degrees that we think of as protein (meat and eggs) it's hard to accurately track one's absolute fat intake.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast