Thread: Breakfast page

gaz4 Guest

Hey

I have been having each morning an omelette with:

3 Large eggs

3 Slices of bacon (with the fat left on)

2 Tamatoes

Onions

I just wanted to double check this amount ties in with the primal blueprint? Since most journals I have peeked into don't seem to eat this amount (but i'm quite thin so not looking to lose any weight). Was going to make this my normal everyday breakfast (instead of a bowl of porridgE) but add in more vegetables. I'm waiting on my primal blueprint book to arrive for more info.

jpickett1968 Guest

Gaz-

That's pretty similar to what I eat as well. The eggs are Omega-3 as much as possible and the bacon I eat is usually 3-4 slices. I'll mix up the eggs with various veggies and sometimes add cheese or salsa or mushrooms. Once in awhile I'll put some protein powder in my coffee for an upkick in the protein area, but I'd say you're right on the money.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Sounds pretty good to me. What do you cook the eggs in? The bacon grease? Butter? hehe.

2 tomatoes sounds like a lot though. Are they little ones? I mean, there's nothing WRONG with eating 2 tomatoes. I just can't imagine eating 3 eggs and 2 tomatoes, volume-wise.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Brad is offline Member

If you want to up the veggies throw a hand full of spinach in there mmmmm its good stuff.

kjake55 Guest

Sounds fine to me. My usual is 2 scrambeled eggs, chicken breast & 1/4 c. nuts mixed with 1/4 c. blueberries.

gaz4 Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Cheers everyone!

I cook it in the bacon fat and since its all cut up and mixed together it goes down really easily.

I will try adding some other things mentioned here like the mushrooms and spinach.

Navywife yeh its two large tamatoes, goes well I think!