Thread: An Aussie girl doing Primal page

NataliaJade is offline Junior Member

Cool An Aussie girl doing Primal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi guys,

I've been doing primal for almost 2 years now, but unintentionally- I follow the GAPS diet (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) to heal food intolerances. I have been reading MDA for the 2 yrs though.

To cut a long story short I got sick with glandular fever, then chronic fatigue then was left with a sensitive gut & extreme malnourishment- step in Primal.
    I have healed up quite nicely just by incorporating more meat and fat in to my diet & removing starches, sugars and grains. Unfortunately I am allergic to pork, poultry and eggs..which I plan on being able to tolerate again in the future! I am not allergic to beef, veal, lamb, some fish & shellfish. My body is a strange specimen..

Luckily I can get all grass-fed/organic meats for great prices ($70 will last me 2 weeks) because I go to the farmers market every 2nd Saturday and get the BEST beef you have ever tasted and a few bags of lamb trim to make soups.
    I make my own fermented vegetables and eat them every day, don't eat fruit except for small amounts of lemon & lime, can't do dairy (am trialling ghee again soon), eat a lot of lamb/beef suet, cod liver oil, high vitamin butter oil, some supplements to target my condition (probiotics, B-complex, vit A & E, calc/mag & biotin). I also follow the FODMAPS diet so exclude some vegetables, have to be careful with salicylates but am not too strict on that, and have to rigorously watch my oxalate intake (NO SPINACH!!) Despite my easy, simple diet, I am proof you can live quite well off something as nutritious as red meat, seafood and half a dozen or so types of veg.

Recently I have found the energy and motivation to start doing some jogs along the beach, go for long walks and start some weights for upper body strength. I'm also a college student studying Natural Medicine and work part-time in Telecomm.

I came here because I am sick to death of the veg*n craze that is sweeping my generation. Every 2nd person I know is becoming a vegetarian and trying to convince me to do the same. I am almost certain 90% of the students in my classes are all veg*n. I'm over explaining myself (and the basic Laws of Nature) and I am over the veg*n religion! So here I am just browsing through and becoming aware that primal *cough* (sane) people exist.

Would be great to meet some others, maybe even from Aus or college students?

Thanks for reading!
    Natalia

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Hi Natalia! Your story is very interesting and it rings a few bells. In 2003, when I was 23 and a student, I got glandular as well. Since then I've had lots of poor eating, lots of drinking, been a vegetarian, and eventually married and had 3 kids. After the 3rd child I developed leaky gut, which I'm pretty sure was also caused by candida in the gut. I'm now on my way to healing, slow and steady.
    I'm a Norwegian living in Melbourne, look forward to hearing more about your progress.

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Nat...

Go primal girl!!! I loved it since jumping in head first. This forum is an amazing place to get advice and help.
    While Im and Aussie, I am O/S right now and in collage studying myself. Let me know if you have any questions...

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
    Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
    Numbers change every 50 days

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Hi Natalia and welcome.

There's a few Aussies on here and several of us are in Perth. There's an Aussie 'group' that you might want to join too, there's lots of info about shopping and we're trying to get a Primal BBQ organised soon too.

Hi guys,
    Thank you for the welcome. Em, great to see that there are more primal people in Perth. Didn't think they existed! I joined the Aussie primal group.
    I'm also the only one doing primal in my family (I'm 20, live at home). I didn't find primal- primal found me. It's all my body accepts. So it's good to have this support forum where I can just come and read a few posts and not feel so alone!
    Natalia

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Hi Natalia and welcome.

There's a few Aussies on here and several of us are in Perth. There's an Aussie 'group' that you might want to join too, there's lots of info about shopping and we're trying to get a Primal BBQ organised soon too.
    I still havent figured out how to join groups! Silly me! I wish we had more primals here in Melb. A BBQ sounds awesome.

Hello,

Aussie and in Queensland - Sunshine Coast to be precise. Very new to all this, but got put in the right direction from a couple of guys at work.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Ouch! allergic to pork, poultry and eggs.. I hope you get through that one!

I do have a dream of moving to aus, gold coast and working there a couple of years after I finish uni. Aus is a good country to be primal, good climate and you have pretty good grass-feeding habits too.

If I make it ill call you up!
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Haha..yeah I'm not sure how I'm still doing it! But then again..I can't do anything else! It has been almost 2 years and I am really missing more variety
    The last time I ate pork it was organic free-range and fed only barley and lupins as a supplement, so it has nothing to do with antibiotics/corn/soy-fed animals unfortunately. But yes..my skin turned pale yellow within hours and I had immediate digestive upset, then I fell asleep for 13 hours and woke up exhausted, staying that way for the rest of the day. Eggs cause my glands to swell, low blood sugar feeling and fatigue. The more I eat them the worse the allergy gets. I haven't been tested for IgE yet but it wouldn't surprise me if they are they type of allergy.

Aus is wonderful, especially the West IMO I grew up in the Kimberley/Pilbara which is hot & dry (sometimes humid) all year round. Lots of Aborigine folk, so very Primal! The landscape, flora and fauna are breathtaking. I do miss it, city life sucks!

sarahz is offline Senior Member