Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: Primal Hair page

jammies is offline Senior Member

RE: Primal Hair

Primal Fuel
    Long before I knew that I had autoimmune disease I started loosing a LOT of hair. I used to have thick healthy hair, but over the years my energy dropped and I lost about 60-70% of my hair. I have been seeing the same hair stylist for more than ten years now and he has witnessed and frequently commented the massive hair loss.

I recently moved and hadn't seem my stylist for over a year - first time since going primal. This week I went to see him and as he started to cut and color my hair he freaked out. He said that I have a massive amount of hair starting to grow in that is about an inch long all over my head. He said I will have about 3 times more hair than I have now in just a couple of months. I had noticed that I kept finding hair standing straight up on my head, but had no idea what was happening.

I am not sure if it is because I added in bone marrow, bone stocks, and liver, just the reduction of inflammation, improved ferritin, B12 or who knows what but I am pretty damned happy about it! This has to be a sign of improved health right?

The only bad things in that all the short new hair turned completely blonde when he colored it and the rest of my head is NOT blond - oh well, small price to pay for getting all my hair back.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Look at someone's eyes, hair, nails, skin, teeth and gums as well as how well they move and you can tell a lot about their health. A lot like horses
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

jay_fm is offline Member
    That is awesome! Sounds like Primal is working pretty well for you.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    That is WONDERFUL news, jamz! You should post this in the triumph thread.

I also have lost a significant amount of hair -- between AI, hypothyroidism, vegetarianism, and then also trauma related. My hair is a shadow of its former glory. Mine is growing back, too, but now I'm at that age where I wonder if it's sort of sad/desperate to regrow my hair long, like how it used to be.

A story: I've been hypothyroid for soooo long now that I just got used to not bothering to shave my legs or really have to monitor them for hair growth -- there wasn't much and what was there was pitiful. Well, since getting my thyroid straightened out, my hair on my extremities is growing! I was getting a massage and looked down at my legs and -- WHOA! Hello, Sasquatch! (Same for my underarm hair, too!)

I was just noticing the other day that my eye color has changed. Has yours?
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Woo hoo!!!!!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Yvonne PHX Guest
    YAY!! This is a big deal!

I have Hashimoto's, and it seems that I have been losing even more hair since eliminating gluten. I am trying not to panic. Thank you for posting your story. This may be the inspiration I need to quit half-*ssing it and get really down and dirty primal (I have avoided the offal, and don't do the broths like I should).

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I also have Hashimoto's and have seen tremendous regrowth since going primal. I started about 9 months ago. I used to have really thick, curly hair. After my thyroid tanked, I lost at least half of it and it got straighter. I didn't so much mind it getting straighter but losing hair is pretty demoralizing. I have lots of new hair and it's back to being curly. It's a bit funny looking since I now have two curl textures in my hair. I also had a gray hair that turned back to brown. The 1/2" at the end is white and the rest is brown. I think it was a brand new one. The ones I've had awhile stayed white.

Same thing with the leg hair, too.

dado Guest
    I abused ritalin in my early 20s and stress-balled, heavy, from age 14 to 25. In that time I lost some hair, but still maintain decent coverage over the peak of my head. I'm hoping eating primal can retard some of the deletrious effects of my Lost Years.

VeloCity.X is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sigh. Started losing my hair at about 24. At 42, I'm not sure any amount of bone broth and offal will bring it back to its formal glory. But I guess I'll be happy for any amount I can get!
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast