Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How often do you get this comment pr week? page

Glamorama is offline Senior Member

How often do you get this comment pr week?

Shop Now
    "How long are you going to eat like this for?"

I find that I get this comment whenever I am telling someone about PB, so probably 3-4 times weekly. It happens without fail when I mention that I'm off processed sugar and grains. Its obviosuly a very scary thought, God forbid I have to do it forever! (they nearly fall off their chairs when I say that I'm actually really happy and content!)

Do you have ideas for awesome come-back comments to this sort of "ignorance"?

Chanteuse is offline Member
    You know, my mom asked me that the other day. I've been eating this way for over a year, my PCOS is DRASTICALLY improved, I've lost weight, my skin is better, I feel great -- and she wanted to know how long I was going to be on the diet.

I said, "Mom. I'm healthy now. I fixed myself with food. I'm never going off this diet". She seemed to realize what a silly question it was after that

Luckily at my university (and specifically in the music school) there's a pretty large group of paleo/primal people, so we don't get too much flak for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chanteuse View Post
    You know, my mom asked me that the other day. I've been eating this way for over a year, my PCOS is DRASTICALLY improved, I've lost weight, my skin is better, I feel great -- and she wanted to know how long I was going to be on the diet.

I said, "Mom. I'm healthy now. I fixed myself with food. I'm never going off this diet". She seemed to realize what a silly question it was after that

Luckily at my university (and specifically in the music school) there's a pretty large group of paleo/primal people, so we don't get too much flak for it!
    Wow you are lucky! None of my friends have even heard or paleo, but I suspect its due to the fact that none of them are overweight or sick. I tried to get Mum onto PB because she has high blood pressure and borderline Diabetes T2. But no, she actually told me that she'd rather be dead than to be off her pasta and bread. *massive eye-roll*

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I just tell them that I don't know.

because i was vegan for a time (5 years) and then vegetarian (5 years) -- so obviously people find things and change when they think it's the right thing to do.

i do think that this is more sustainable and healthier over the long haul -- so it seems to me that it would be a good life-long diet. particularly looking at the folks who keep the diet and how great they look as they age (which is important to me -- not just looks, but also functionality). It just seems more sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I just tell them that I don't know.

because i was vegan for a time (5 years) and then vegetarian (5 years) -- so obviously people find things and change when they think it's the right thing to do.

i do think that this is more sustainable and healthier over the long haul -- so it seems to me that it would be a good life-long diet. particularly looking at the folks who keep the diet and how great they look as they age (which is important to me -- not just looks, but also functionality). It just seems more sustainable.
    I was a vegetarian for a decade. And look where it got me...

I tell people that its not a diet, but a conscious lifestyle-change. As far as I cans ee, its forever. I don't know why I would change something that feels so right and effortless.

Paleobird Guest
    How's this for a comeback:

Q: So, how much longer are you planning on eating like this?

A: Only until I decide that I want to look and feel like crap again. *Then I will go back to eating the way you do.

*(you could leave off the last bit if you don't want to be snotty.)

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    How's this for a comeback:

Q: So, how much longer are you planning on eating like this?

A: Only until I decide that I want to look and feel like crap again. *Then I will go back to eating the way you do.

*(you could leave off the last bit if you don't want to be snotty.)
    Bahahahaha! Good one!

Or until the day "I feel like not looking shamelessy hot in swim-wear anymore".

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Oh, please do the snotty version. I vote for snotty.

Get used to people hating you because you are beautiful, Glam. It's tough being a babe....
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Get used to people hating you because you are beautiful, Glam. It's tough being a babe....
    Yeah thats me in a nut-shell! LOL

Westly is offline Senior Member
    My response:

How long are you going to be eating like that?

Me: Till I lose the 130lbs I've been looking to...then I'll add back more fruit!

Me: I've actually changed my lifestyle to Primal, LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT IT! (Usually this makes them cringe and wander away)

Me: Eating like what..? Oh, god, have I been chewing with my mouth open?!

People generally don't like it when folks do something 'abnormal' or against what they think things should be. Ugh, drives my fuzzy butt right up the wall.
    Down from 275 to 250!
    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast