Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrities & Primal/Paleo page

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member

Celebrities & Primal/Paleo

Shop Now
    Oprah, Jennifer Hudson, Kristie Alley, John Goodman, et al - how long before some celebrity or pop-tart-of-the-month discovers our little secret and it goes mainstream?

I know people who value Oprah's opinion over all else, the President and Pope included. If she latched on to Primal it would be on the front page of every magazine in the world. What if Brad & Angelina did? I think it's only a matter of time, what do you guys think?

Sure wouldn't hurt Don Henley, Joe Walsh & Glenn Frey to Primal out. (TBS is already perfect. )
    Last edited by LJH; 09-20-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: punctuation

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    No.

We Primals hunt celebrities for sport.

Scotty is offline Senior Member
    Oprah won't go Primal or Paleo for fear of being sued by the grain industry.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Hollywood seems to like its starlets to be young, skinny and weak looking. As far as Oprah and co. if they can't package it and sell it I'm not sure they'd be interested. They are all down the vegan rathole w/ Clinton right now anyway.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Rainbird2 is offline Junior Member
    Speaking of Oprah and Clinton...I asked Mark Sisson if he would mail a copy of his book to them. He said sure, if I could come up with addresses. Does anyone know how I could find their addresses?? It's a total long shot, but hey, if they have the books maybe they will actually read it. (Wishful thinking, I know.)

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    ... how long before some celebrity or pop-tart-of-the-month discovers our little secret and it goes mainstream?
    Does Ray Mears count as a celebrity/pop-tart-of-the-month? ROTFL

The Ray Mears caveman diet - Times Online

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbird2 View Post
    Speaking of Oprah and Clinton...I asked Mark Sisson if he would mail a copy of his book to them. He said sure, if I could come up with addresses. Does anyone know how I could find their addresses?? It's a total long shot, but hey, if they have the books maybe they will actually read it. (Wishful thinking, I know.)
    Online searching comes up with:

Bill Clinton
    William J. Clinton Foundation
    55 West 125th Street
    New York, NY 10027
    USA

Oprah Winfrey
    Harpo Studios, Inc.
    1058 West Washington Blvd.
    Chicago, IL 60607
    USA

Savannah is offline Member
    http://skinnyvscurvy.com/jennifer-hu...rbs-today.html

I don't think it's Primal, but she definitely deleted grains! Of course there was a huge outcry against her for *gasp* suggesting that carbs can cause weight gain and low-carb can hep weight loss, so she backtracked and now all of her US Weekly/People-type "meal plans" include plenty of whole grains. *facepalm*

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Steve Nash eats a diet mostly free of refined carbs/sugars. Almost enough to be paleo. If you google his name and paleo you get a few hits but it hasn't made Sportscenter, unfortunately. Steve Nash is a guard for the Suns (uh, that's basketball...) for those not in the know. He's been the MVP at least once. Some of his team-mates and others around the league have adopted the "Nash diet"

Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers was spotted reading The Paleo Solution. I can't find news stories as to whether he is living Paleo or not, the first hits are from the hunter-gatherer.com post on the matter surrounding last years Superbowl. Again here, it's possible that other football players got interested in it through his exposure, but again (curiously?) it never made any big publications. Cue conspiracy theorist music, whatever that may be.

Novak Djokovic's gluten-free diet actually did get a lot of press, but mostly on the gluten angle, not a "eat whole foods" angle, and though I just did a mild search I didn't find specifics on what he eats day to day. He did kill both Federer and Nadal just a few weeks ago though.

That's all I got. Ain't going to ever be enough paleo products to peddle or to sponsor an athlete (I fucking hope there never are any!) so I don't suppose an athlete/celebrity would go out of their way to shout paleo/primal because there's little financial gain in it not to mention their publicists might be like "shut the fuck up..."

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Drew Carey gave up grains, if I recall correctly. He lost ~80 pounds and got off his diabetes meds entirely. Not sure if it was Paleo/primal or Atkins, but the concept is similar.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast