Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Raw - the FPSJosh ego experience page 2

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I’ve heard chia seeds mentioned in the forums, and I thought it would be worth it to take a quick gander. Before Chia Pets got popular, chia seeds were eaten throughout Mesoamerica for thousands of years. The Aztec and Mayan civilizations were big fans of the seed, even using chia seeds as tributes to the ruling classes. Chia is actually a bit like flax in a few ways. For one, chia is high in Omega 3 fatty acids – ALA in particular. But just like I do with flax, I think the potential benefits of ALA in the diet are vastly overblown. The “purpose” of ALA consumption is to convert it into DHA/EPA, but humans simply don’t have the hardware to make the conversion worthwhile. Most of it just gets wasted. That’s not to say chia isn’t a viable food option; if it tastes good and falls within the PB, I say go for it. Just don’t make the mistake of thinking you’re taking care of all your Omega 3 fatty acid requirements with a few tablespoons of chia seeds each day.
    Ughhh thanks Mark. My bad.

Bacon and Eggs last night, because I finally got some omega 3 eggs. Felt like breakfast .

This morning was coconut shake meal replacement time.

I hit my lats and biceps pretty hard today, maybe I'll actually feel the delayed onset this time.

Brought another EBR to work today, hopefully I can make a BAS .

Fish in butter and margarine (I know, it wasn't as tasty as it could have been either) , Butternut squash, squash, zucchini, bacon strips and LOADS of butter marinated on the fish. Yeah, it was awesome.

Also, on wikipedia, what you say to people who say that low carb "diets" don't help you get the glucose you need for the brain:

Gluconeogenesis begins in the mitochondria with the formation of oxaloacetate through carboxylation of pyruvate. This reaction also requires one molecule of ATP, and is catalyzed by pyruvate carboxylase. This enzyme is stimulated by high levels of acetyl-CoA (produced in β-oxidation in the liver) and inhibited by high levels of ADP.

Oxaloacetate is reduced to malate using NADH, a step required for transport out of the mitochondria.

Malate is oxidized to oxaloacetate using NAD+ in the cytoplasm, where the remaining steps of gluconeogenesis occur.

Oxaloacetate is decarboxylated and phosphorylated to produce phosphoenolpyruvate by phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase. One molecule of GTP is hydrolyzed to GDP during this reaction.

The next steps in the reaction are the same as reversed glycolysis. However, fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase converts fructose-1,6-bisphosphate to fructose 6-phosphate, requiring one water molecule and releasing one phosphate. This is also the rate-limiting step of gluconeogenesis.

Glucose-6-phosphate is formed from fructose 6-phosphate by phosphoglucoisomerase. Glucose-6-phosphate can be used in other metabolic pathways or dephosphorylated to free glucose. Whereas free glucose can easily diffuse in and out of the cell, the phosphorylated form (glucose-6-phosphate) is locked in the cell, a mechanism by which intracellular glucose levels are controlled by cells.

The final reaction of gluconeogenesis, the formation of glucose, occurs in the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum, where glucose-6-phosphate is hydrolyzed by glucose-6-phosphatase to produce glucose. Glucose is shuttled into the cytosol by glucose transporters located in the membrane of the endoplasmic reticulum.

Not sure if there was fat in there, but that's how your body gets the whole glucose thing for your brain.

Been following primal until I hit a snag yesterday. My wife wanted mcdonalds, and I had to have my bacon. Ordered a bacon egg and cheese bagel and of course there were 2 slices of cheese and I ate the whole bagel out of hunger. For the rest of the day, I felt crappy and I crashed around 3PM. That never happens. Guess What I won't be doing again?

Been crashing again, I'm trying to lose weight and come off of the crab thing. Time to put my money where my mouth is and restart my liver. Unfortunately I don't have any money at the moment to get my fat intake so I'l stuck on nuts for a while.

Will hit as many veggies and good fats as I can for now. In the mean time, I might have to sit and eat some stored pasta while I pay for my daughter's diapers.

Priorities my friends.

Yay, I've been a good primal person, except for the Berlin fair, where I ate canola fried butterfly potatoes. And yes, my salmon today was covered in terriyaki sauce. That's just whatever.

I had so many vegetables today and I cooked my first spaghetti squash yesterday and my "regularity" problem is subsiding.

I constantly struggle internally with my wife's food choices and whether I should just put my foot down and just not eat anything off-primal.

It was kind of degrading when I tried to meet them halfway last night with pasta/meat sauce (I had spaghetti squash instead.) They decided they weren't going to have a lot of pasta, so I basically cooked it for nothing.

Ouch.

Oh well. Maybe next time.

Yesterday was really good, until I had half of a meatball sub sandwich my loving wife bought for me.

I ate the meatballs (with bread crumbs) and half of the bread.

I felt hungry 2 hours later, so I finished off the night with an egg white protein shake and coconut milk (sweetend) for good measure!

Today was another shake post workout, and I have easy microwave organic broccoli and cauliflower. There is also a big giant stick of butter sitting in the fridge for proper consumption at work, so I'm just gonna go smother the butter ALL OVER my broccoli.

I would argue it's the best lunch... EVER.

Apparently one bag of broccoli and cauliflower is 100 calories. Much better than those terrible grain made 100 calories snack pack things.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Hey guys, switched my protein shake to another whey isolate with a bit of low sugar, so I can take a fruit with me to workout post-shake. Todays breakfast/lunch (whatever)

3 fried omega-3 eggs in coconut oil
    1 spoon full of coconut oil
    1 raw avocado
    1 banana

Later tonight
    1 Beef patty (little salt to taste)
    4 bacon strips
    big helping of fried butternut squash

Yay, dieting doesn't suck again.

BTW, lost 4 pounds.
    Follow me on google+

Hey guys, this is what I ate today.

3 egg omlette with tomato,
    2 oranges
    3 scoops protein shake (wpi) (60g of prot, 4g of sugar)
    Little bit of general tso's chicken with pork fried rice (yuck!)
    Did my weekly workout today, All legs:
    One legged leg press (will do squats and lunges next week [fuck you])
    knee extension
    seated calf press
    hamstring curl and
    mini barbell dead lifts

Glad to admit I'm not leptin resistant. I did a test to see how I was doing. Ate 3 eggs in the morning and went the whole day (did 3 massages too) and finally got hungry around 5 o clock in the evening.

My classmates said it was a bad idea. EVERYONE seems to think that what I'm doing is a bad idea. Oh well. More motivation to hop back on the bandwagon.
    Follow me on google+

PrimalCon New York
    Ugh... I got called a gym addict the other day, and that I would end up on the Maury show if I kept up my lifestyle.

This was by a leptin resistant fat person who calls herself my Mother in law.
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 10-11-2011 at 07:11 AM.
    Follow me on google+

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast