Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does ketosis make anyone else feel funny? page 2

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

I can't stand the way my mouth feels when I'm in ketosis. I get this weird kind of feeling like there's too much liquid in my throat and no amount of swallowing gets rid of it.

Shami Guest

Do you think Grok was in ketosis most of the time?

go_ginger_go Guest

I feel FANTASTIC in ketosis! Unfortunately, I am also nasty. I stink and my mouth feels so dirty all the time.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I only get "nasty" (very very thirsty, morning breath type mouthtaste) when I'm DEEP into ketosis. I can have trace/small amounts of ketons in my urine and not be able to tell other than just having steady energy and not being very hungry.

Ketosis rocks.

HEAVY ketosis is for special occasions. hhaahaha.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

...I only get the gross feeling in my mouth when I am WAY into the purple. (Seconding FNW.)

Otherwise, I just feel like a lioness.

RAWRRRRR!!!

nina_70 Guest

I'm not sure if I ever went into Ketosis (didn't ever check), but I had very similar issues when I fist started Primal. I got quite a bit of brain-fog, and I did get heart-racing after my 1st IF (very, very wierd). I also got a bit of a wierd taste in my mouth. But, it all passed. After a few weeks no more fog, no wierd taste, no more heart-racing.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

nina i think your brain fog was probably "low carb flu." Never heard of anyone being foggy as a side effect of ketosis - usually I know I feel very very "clear" in ketosis.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

maba is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure if I go into Ketosis ever, I eat lots of veggies. But when I was doing the first phase of South Beach last year, I'd have a sweet taste in my mouth. When I googled, I found out it was an effect of ketosis.

As for the urine, mine smells of meat on and off. I've experienced it even after a carb-heavy day. And yesterday I had less than 50g of carbs, but my urine didn't smell of meat this morning.

@paleo_piper: That's interesting. I've noticed off late that I have too much saliva in my mouth really early in the morning and I tend to swallow it in my sleep. Ketosis, perhaps?

Where do you get ketostix? I looked for it in Rite-Aid and I was told it used to be available back when Atkins was popular, but not so much anymore.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

Lindsay0311 Guest

I would also like to know where to get keto-stix...Im not sure if I have been in ketosis or not...Im sure I have because some of the side effects others are describing, I have had but would like to check it out...does ketosis occur when you are under 50g of carbs?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast