Thread: Vitiligo? page

Too Far from Home is offline Junior Member

Vitiligo?

Primal Fuel
    Hi...has anyone had any luck reversing vitiligo through primal eating? I've read so much in the last week about autoimmune diseases being caused by grains and sugars, so I am hoping an added side effect of this way of life would be to get some of my missing pigment back.

Luckily I am fair skinned and it is not too noticeable on me, but it would be nice to suck up the sun again!!!

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i'm fair skinned & i also have vitiligo - it's most visible on my elbow area, for some reason, tho i have it other places too - which are usually covered up or shaded when i'm outside b/c if i'm outside, i'm probably on my bike in all my gear.

anyway -- it DOES seem like after a year of no wheat, no grains, etc, the splotches on my elbows seem less severe. And in previous years, it DID seem like it was spreading & i don't see any growth of the white parts. I'm also taking Vit D3 daily, maybe that's helping?

so i'm real 50/50 about it. It seems like i've seen some improvement or at least reduction to the spread of it, but mostly, i don't think changing what you eat is gonna make the vitiligo "even out" or go away. Interested to hear other people's responses...