Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 8

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Post Christmas

Shop Now
    Groktimus Primal's - Post Christmas

Well I'm glad it's over and I ate too much. I would freak out because I'm 3 LBS heavier today but I pretty much stuck to my plans so I know it's only a temporary blip. I did break my diet a bit by imbibing about 2.5 glasses of dry mead (honey wine) and it was worth it. We bought it from Maine Mead Works in Portland and let me tell you it blows away the run of the mill stuff!

274/212/150

Groktimus Primal's - 2012

Groktimus Primal's - 2012

I'm not counting on it but I am really hoping for a better year. Between the economy, accidents, stupidity and people's health decaying I would like to see some improvement. Other than my own health I don't see much of a way to really effect change. Perhaps I ask for too much. I am looking forward to the surge of people pretending to care about their health for the first 2 weeks of the new year before forgetting their resolutions and goals and just becoming a "blother". Blother is a term my high school french teacher invented to describe the lazy worthless ass that comprises me

274/212/150
    Last edited by jfrendek; 12-27-2011 at 06:10 AM.

Groktimus Primal's - Apps

Groktimus Primal's - Apps

There's an app for that. As far as I can tell in the Android world there is no real useful Primal specific app. I'm not overly sure what one would do anyway. There are plenty of weight related apps out there but unfortunately none do quite what I want. I don't want much, in fact not having too many features is pretty much one of my requirements. I believe Weightbot for IOS fits the bill but there is no Android version. Right now I use Libra and I am experimenting with I7. Here is what I actually want...

-Beautiful scalable graphs with a trend line
    -Synching with a web site with beautiful scalable graphs
    -Intuitive interface
    -Customizable colors
    -Import/Export
    -Backup/Restore
    -Share Feature
    -Nice Widget
    -Integration with Fitbit and Withings (pipe dream)
    -Calender (optional)

Well maybe I do want a lot but here is what I don't want...

-Workout logs
    -Food logs
    -Calorie or nutritional info
    -Pedometer or GPS tracking
    -Measurements or body fat info
    -Any extraneous crap

For me it's all about the weight, weight, weight!

274/212/150
    Last edited by jfrendek; 12-28-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Groktimus Primal's - I feel the need

Groktimus Primal's - I feel the need

The need for mead! Perhaps this weekend I will investigate a fairly local purveyor of the fermented that is listed as carrying the Maine Mead Works products. It will be my vision quest for the Holy Grail. I shall return with mead or a satisfactory level of delirium.

Now bring me a shrubbery!

274/211/150

Angry Groktimus Primal's - Bitch Slap

Groktimus Primal's - Bitch Slap

I enjoy helping people out especially when all that is required is a little information passing but I must say that I am getting very tired of hearing people complain they are hungry. If hunger is your problem ketosis is your answer (and much more). This is very old news. Once a person has been informed of this I no longer have any sympathy for their hunger. If the problem is not severe enough to try out the known solution then screw'em and Dr. Oz too. Go eat your Snackwells and enjoy those "benefits".

274/210/150

Groktimus Primal's - The Movement

Groktimus Primal's - The Movement

I received an email from Nora Gedgaudas (Primal Body, Primal Mind author) talking about taking this Primal thing to the next level in the form of a movement. I am half way through her book which is awesome she states gems like "only red blood cells absolutely require glucose" and she even tells you why. Since glucose does not require oxygen to burn the red blood cells do not consume their oxygen payload before delivery!

She says the movement should not have direct leaders and I can agree but we need some fore runners and I would like to see a symbol similar to Grok that was like a non-copywritten Primal emblem available for free use. Like the Free Masons have a widely recognized symbol. It's good to "vote" with your dollars but blatant displays are also nice.

Perhaps it could be an all seeing eye

Maybe an Ankh for life or sanctuary

A sun for something almost Pagan/Tribal

I don't know but we need something and it's a great way to kick off the New Year!

274/212/150

Groktimus Primal's - Happy New Year

Groktimus Primal's - Happy New Year

Well it's here and everyone is looking forward to it much like they look forward to a new president. No one really sees any hope for improvement but since the last year sucked so bad everyone is just glad to kiss it goodbye and hope for the best while expecting the worst.

I try to be happy knowing my low carb primal lifestyle has been keeping my alive. I firmly believe I would be dead or worse if I had not discovered it. It can't help but piss me off that if I were already a genetically gifted masterpiece I would damn near be Superman but being the genetic waste material that I am I'm lucky to be on the right side of the grass!

It's also frustrating that so many people who could be Supermen are not willing to see the light. I guess it's better that I'm not that out matched by society in general though.

274/212/150

Groktimus Primal's - Chocolate

Groktimus Primal's - Chocolate

Although I never really cared for dark chocolate and I would usually rather eat an Atkin's bar I was intrigued by the low sugar content and how a little goes a long way. Even though it's not Primal it certainly passes for an occasional treat in small doses and all the Primal folks talk about it. Even though it's really high on the ORAC scale I know better than to call it truly healthy.

Here's where it gets interesting... My more (or in this case less) is better mentality made me try bakers chocolate. I had hoped I could learn to like it sans sugar completely. Deep down I knew this wasn't going to work but I just had to try it. It tasted like I would imagine bitter chalk and coffee grounds mixed together. I got a kick out of it but ended up donating the chocolate to a family member who likes to bake!

Since then I moved on to Ghirardelli 86% cacao individually wrapped squares. I eat two squares and enjoy it and I do not have any trouble stopping at that so all is well. I also tried Lindt 90% cacao as well and I think it's even a little better but it does not come packaged as conveniently.

I guess life is about the experiences so it's all good.

274/211/150

Groktimus Primal's - Pearls

Groktimus Primal's - Pearls

The only thing more frightening than what we don't know is in those moments when we get a glimpse of just how ignorant and limited our understanding of ourselves really is. I do enjoy being my own science project so I am trying this supplement called Pearls. They are probiotic pills that are suppose to resist digestion long enough to make it to the small intestine so that they may properly deliver their payload of beneficial bacteria.

If you had told me years ago I would be intentionally ingesting bacteria of any sort I would have laughed. I have tried other probiotics and never noticed a difference but since I am not suffering any gastrointestinal problems that I am aware of I don't know that I should notice any difference. I have been on them for a few days now and these new pills have not made any tangible change either.

I suspect it will be another $20 bucks down the toilet (literally) but the Doctor is in (Doctor Frankenstein anyway). I'll wait and see what this cutting edge science has to offer.

Bawhoosh....

274/211/150
    Last edited by jfrendek; 01-05-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Groktimus Primal's - Weight Chart

Groktimus Primal's - Weight Chart

Today I am going to share a secret with you regarding how to create a kick ass weight chart without being a rocket scientist. Here are the instructions someone was kind enough to post using Google Docs...

How to Use Google Docs to Track and Display Your Weight Loss | Fitness Cheerleader

Here is a link to my Weight Chart web page...

Jim's Weight Loss Page

It doesn't get much easier or publishable than that!

274/210/150

Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast