Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 69

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Exo Cricket Bar Review

Primal Fuel
    Groktimus Primal's - Exo Cricket Bar Review

I was a Kickstarter Exo cricket protein bar original backer. It was months overdue but they finally sent me my sample bars as a "reward" for fronting a little bit of money. I was pretty excited to try those things. My girlfriend was a little less excited

Last night we had the Peanut Butter & Jelly flavored bar. It did not taste at all like the name suggests. It actually tasted like fruit juice and was somewhat sweet. It had a great moist, gooey consistency and seemed to contain some sort of rice crispy like elements suspended within it. We both liked the bar.

Unfortunately these are not low carb. This bar had 10 grams of protein and 18 grams of carbs which means for me it's a novelty item. Whether the cricket items pass go or not will certainly depend on how well a broad range of products are presented, how affordable they are and of course how fickle versus open minded Americans truly turn out to be. If people realize how bad soy is for them or realize this is another way to be nice to the warm fuzzy animals it will certainly help the sales. If times get tough (and a hamburger is $50) then cricket will be the best thing you ever tasted! It would be great to see cricket protein become the key ingredient in Quest bars. This would be putting together the best-of-the-best in my opinion.

Exo | Made With Cricket Flour

Does this guy work for the NSA?

BBC News - #BBCtrending: Malaysia's 'Bomoh' and the superstitious search for MH370

274/198/150

Groktimus Primal's - The Wahl's Protocol

Groktimus Primal's - The Wahl's Protocol

Terry Wahl's book is out and it's about how to beat MS using diet/lifestyle. I haven't yet read it but I don't really think this book is going to require a review to recommend. I believe it's going to be the de facto standard in all autoimmune treatment until such time as the conventional wisdom folk get their heads out of their asses and we all know that's not going to happen. So go snag a copy and read it, I presently am! It will do us all a world of good either now or later.

274/195/150

Groktimus Primal's - Primal Cutlery

Groktimus Primal's - Primal Cutlery

I found this great shop called Sana Cutlery on Etsy.com that sells some very Primal handmade custom knives at reasonable prices...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/sanacutlery/

274/193/150

Groktimus Primal's - BT Corn / Farm Bill / Vegans

Groktimus Primal's - Industrial Baby

Groktimus Primal's - Multi-topic

Groktimus Primal's - Multi-topic

Ever wonder why fruits and vegetables sometimes hit the shelves contaminated by pathogenic bacteria such as listeria, E. coli, and salmonella?

According to Tim Lu, an assistant professor of electrical engineering and biological engineering at MIT, it boils down to the inefficient bacteria-detection assays used in the food industry. In some cases, these aren’t accurate or speedy enough — sometimes taking several days to catch contaminated produce.

But now Lu’s startup, Sample6, is commercializing an advanced assay platform that “lights up” pathogenic bacteria for quick detection, with the ability to detect only a few bacteria.

Based on Lu’s graduate school research at MIT, the assay uses biological particles called bacteriophages, or phages, which only target bacteria. In Sample6’s case the assay is engineered to inject pathogenic bacteria — specifically, listeria — with an enzyme that reprograms the bacteria to shine very brightly.

To use the commercial assay, called the Bioillumination Platform, factory workers simply swab samples with a sponge, wait for the phages to do their work, and run the sample through a machine that detects any light emitted. Results can be plugged into the company’s software, which tracks contaminated products and can provide analytics on whether contamination correlates with certain days, people, or suppliers.

On mineral water...

http://perfecthealthdiet.com/2014/03/mineral-water/

Obese with medical reason...

https://www.authintmail.com/article/...bypass-surgery

The real deal with protein...

Protein Intake ? How Much Protein Should You Eat Per Day?

Some awful snacks...

http://welchsfruitsnacks.com/pbj-snacks/

274/196/150

Groktimus Primal's - The Voice of Reason

Groktimus Primal's - The Voice of Reason

I love it when Dr. Cordain tries to talk a little sense in to someone using science, history and commonsense...

Modern Paleo: Finding the Medium Between the Best and Reality : The Paleo Diet

274/200/150

Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast