Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 50

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Swine & Punishment

Primal Fuel
    Groktimus Primal's - Swine & Punishment

Tell them it's a sin to waste good bacon!

Farm Family Threatened with $700,000 Fine for Raising Pigs

The Golden Corral is just awesome

Employee Claims Famous Buffet Chain Serves Dumpster Food - Careers Articles

Our dog has a really weird awful disease...

Immune Mediated Haemolytic Anaemia - WikiVet

274/191/150

Groktimus Primal's - Pls help save our Daschund!

Groktimus Primal's - Pls help save our Daschund!

The little guy has an autoimmune blood disorder so if you can spare anything please...

Help save Tegan the Daschund by Melody Lynn - GoFundMe

Thank you!

Groktimus Primal's - Monsanto

Groktimus Primal's - Monsanto

I here rumbles that Monsanto is having another governmental closed door "pay off" meeting. We really need to make GMO products open source and non-patentable. We have to remove the money to kill the beast. Every time you chop off one of the beast's heads two more grow back with money sacks attached. Intellectual Property (IP) seems to be doing exactly what most programs do (the exact opposite of what they are suppose to do) which is kill creativity. Perhaps better products would come out faster if companies realized they can't sit on their laurels. They need to innovate constantly at an ever accelerating rate rather than sit back and collect royalties.

274/188/150

Groktimus Primal's - School Lunch / Russian Typewriters

Groktimus Primal's - School Lunch / Russian Typewriters

This is freakin' ridiculous! In England they want to ban packed school lunches so that the kids will have to eat the "healthy" school lunches. I would tell them to screw off. It's like forcing them to eat crap and feeding a child is a definitely a parental decision. If you ask me I have no doubt that the food industry is behind it and the decision has nothing to do with health.

BBC News - Ban packed lunches, head teachers urged

It appears our privacy is so non-existent worldwide that the Russians have resorted to buying typewriters because anything more complicated apparently feeds straight to the NSA and God knows who. Something really must be done to remove governmental power. We are already in an Orwellian world it's just that some folks don't realize it or understand that just because you may feel you have nothing to hide does not make oppression OK, nor does it ensure that they don't eventually find a reason to accuse you of wrong doing. Perhaps you said something they don't like and all of a sudden you find you have broken a new or obscure law and you are beaten or thrown in jail just like Gary Kasparov in Russia.

BBC News - Kremlin security agency to buy typewriters 'to avoid leaks'

274/187/150

Groktimus Primal's - Childhood Obesity

Groktimus Primal's - Childhood Obesity

I see now there is some positive obesity news. Articles are saying that we're finally starting to turn the tide on childhood obesity. Even if you believe the statistics I think it's going to be very amusing to watch the political and corporate dunderheads line up to take credit for it. Any progress we do make I believe will be largely created by parents waking up and going Primal. They may not call it Primal, they may call it natural or whole food or whatever but none the less it will be essentially Primal.

Looks like the U.S. is winning its war on childhood obesity

274/191/150

Groktimus Primal's - Xylitol

Groktimus Primal's - Xylitol

It may not be Primal but it's a natural wood sugar largely derived from birch trees. It's lower in calories than sugar and doesn't disturb insulin levels because it uses a different pathway. It helps rebuild teeth and stops bacteria from sticking to them. It kills yeast (which is why you can't bake with it since the bread won't rise) by appearing like sugar but then not providing the yeast with any energy. The yeast die from wasting all their energy and life cycle trying to feed on it.

I recommend getting some mints or gum sweetened with xylitol. If you go with a gum xylitol should be the first ingredient. If you go with a mint it should be pretty much all xylitol (with a bit of flavoring) and provide about .5 grams per serving. They say 6.5 grams per day will be enough to assist with oral health over a few months time. Naturally most dentists don't really know about the benefits but they will be happy to fill all your cavities until you have no teeth left! Amazon is a good source but you should be able to find the stuff pretty easily. It's used widely in Scandinavia and should not be confused with other sugar alcohols.

274/191/150

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member
    I removed all xylitol-based products from my home when I found out xylitol is very toxic to dogs:
    http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pet...y-in-dogs/4340

The day I start worrying about what a vegan thinks of me is the day they push my body out on a flaming Viking boat.
    - One of y'all said this

True. Thank you. I meant to mention the animal toxicity in the post but it slipped my mind. I would just be careful to keep it out of the pets reach like a drug but keeping it out of the house is definitely being better safe than sorry.

Groktimus Primal's - Another Imbecile

Groktimus Primal's - Another Imbecile

Here is yet another Vegan attempt to discredit the Paleo diet.

The Neolithic Diet

Apparently Vegans need meat so badly their brains are shrinking and they can't do math...

The article references charred cereal grains from as early as 5900 BC. What kind of news is that? We know it's been 10,000 years or more since the real adoption of agriculture. Even if they found evidence before then we also know there are outliers to every situation. One caveman eating one piece of grain over 10,000 years ago would not adaption bring. Especially to our modern 10 servings a day of Wonder bread diet.

Also new ways of doing things took a long time to proliferate. Cavemen did not have the internet and the latest model of the Iphone waiting on their door step the day after it's release. Does anyone really think fire was discovered or harnessed by only one person and then they spread the news throughout the world?

I can't speak about their carbon dating references. Robb, Loren or Mark will have to address the science on that level. Part of me kind of likes people being that stupid. If everyone knew the truth then healthy food would truly be only for the rich due to our very poor handling of propagation and the planet in general.

274/189/150
    Last edited by jfrendek; 07-17-2013 at 05:45 AM.

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, somebody else brought this one up. You make some good points there. Maybe we should do a 1-year controlled study. A statistically sound sample of people do SAD, Neolithic, Paleo, vegan, and maybe even separate Primal out.

Measure all kinds of health markers, not just weight. Things like blood work, body composition, fitness levels, doctor visits for illness, self-reported feelings of wellness, whatever.

I'd be very interested in looking at the inputs (diets and physical activities) as well as the outcomes. Let's just put the arguments to bed!

The day I start worrying about what a vegan thinks of me is the day they push my body out on a flaming Viking boat.
    - MDA's very own Mr. Anthony

Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast