Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 48

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Raw Deal Milk / Bit-O-Honey

Shop Now
    Groktimus Primal's - Raw Deal Milk / Bit-O-Honey

Study shows that raw milk was given a raw deal or maybe a bum steer?

New Studies Confirm: Raw Milk A Low-Risk Food

Real honey where art tho?

Demand real honey in our grocery stores. | SumOfUs

Un-bee-weavable

274/190/150

Groktimus Primal's - Staking the Vampire

Groktimus Primal's - It's not negotiable

Groktimus Primal's - It's not negotiable

I wish I were smart enough to have seen this without actually feeling like crap but I have realized a basic truth some time ago. Food IS the base of the pyramid and it's not negotiable. This is true because health is the single most important thing to an individual and much like rights, it's so powerful because it is good for us individually and not some group or subset of people a.k.a the whining Politically Correct among others.

Sure I care about free speech and gun laws. I would certainly like to see us all become hardcore freedom loving Americans again who won't trade their liberty for a false sense of security. I want a government who actually serves it's people and not the other way around. Yes, it is all tied together as branches off the same tree but... If you don't feel well it's really hard to give a shit and even if you manage to give a shit it's damn near impossible to get off your ass especially if you work a reasonable number of hours. That is why I focus on food because it took me long enough but I now realize whole nutritious food is the starting point for democracy (Michael Pollen is right) and really having any kind of a productive life. If Thomas Edison lived on GMO Pop Tarts would we have the light bulb? I'm not so sure. I try to be funny but seriously if you're not up to snuff then how far are you operating below you potential? When I was younger I would have put free speech above all else but as important as it is if I had to rank it I would still put it below healthy food security. Life is definitely easier when you feel well. I sure wish I realized this long ago but I did love my Pop Tarts and marshmallow Peeps! Unfortunately it appears we will never have enlightened affordable healthcare either.

274/190/150
    Last edited by jfrendek; 06-19-2013 at 05:58 AM.

Groktimus Primal's - Too Damn Much News

Groktimus Primal's - Too Damn Much News

Obesity is now a disease. Perhaps it should be but this really ought to finish off our insurance system.

AMA declares obesity a disease - latimes.com

Politicians lying and pushing GMOs again...

BBC News - GM even safer than conventional food, says environment secretary

Gee what do you know? Another supplement known for ages is finally getting some recognition...

BBC News - Silver 'boost to antibiotic success'

Loren Cordain intelligently refutes the "people ate grass" study that the press/vegans took out of context and twisted for self gain...

Dr. Cordain's Rebuttal to the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, PNAS June 2013

Another government agency shamelessly hurts farmers, kills pigs and pleasures Big Agra like an obedient whore...

Hogwash - The American Pig Tale - Michigan DNR tries to destroy farmers - NaturalNews.tv

274/190/150
    Last edited by jfrendek; 06-20-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Groktimus Primal's - The Calorie Debate

Groktimus Primal's - The Calorie Debate

Here's an interesting post. So many people keep debating whether or not calories count in weight control and by now I would think the answer should be obvious. The answer is most definitely "yes" but for many (if not most of us) hormones exert a much greater influence. Sorry folks but this can't be dumbed down to a black and white answer. That would be much like saying that because I know 2+2=4 that I have mastered math. I can assure you that this is not the case!

9 Pictures That Prove Beyond a Reasonable Doubt That Calories DONíT Count | Escape From Caloriegate

274/189/150

Groktimus Primal's - Many Topic

Groktimus Primal's - Many Topic

This world just keeps on screwing up faster than I can post it!

I don't advocate breaking the law but I can understand that the people must take back the food and ecology however they can...

Genetically engineered sugar beets destroyed in southern Oregon | OregonLive.com

Does it really even matter? How can you frame Darth Vader?

Monsanto points to sabotage at GMO-contaminated wheat field ? RT USA

Great petition. Unfortunately laws are only for peasants...

Petition - The Restore Our Privacy Act: Bernie Sanders - U.S. Senator for Vermont

These guy are always worth supporting...

FTCLDF Is Leveling the Playing Field for Our Farmers

They will snooker you anyway they can...

Food companies now aiming for a rustic image - Toledo Blade

Drug firms unethical? Nah...

BBC News - Drug firms fined for blocking rivals

Robb Wolf illustrates the twisted logic of those with an agenda...

Science says the Paleo diet is bunk, right? Think again.

Last but not least here is re-post about food prices...

Amira Elgan originally shared:
    I'm shocked by the rise in prices after being outside the US for 10 months.

I've been back in the U.S. for almost two months (after 10 months abroad) and I'm amazed by how much things have changed -- especially the cost of living in general and the cost of food in particular.

Since my return, I've been to New York, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles and San Francisco. The most radical changes I've observed are in the cost of food, household goods and gasoline.

Farmer's Market prices for produce have skyrocketed. And forget about Whole Foods stores -- their prices are now shocking.

The confusing thing is that people are generally not talking about it, at least not in my family or circle of friends. I keep telling them about the significant hike in food prices and they look at me like I'm out of my gourd.

Let me illustrate. The price of olive oil is at least 40 percent more. Kale is about 50 percent more. Raw honey is about 60 percent more and nuts have doubled in some instances. When I left, the price of wild Alaskan salmon per pound was between $18 and $20, now a Whole Foods in New York charges $29 per pound.

I did a quick search and found one report by the New York Times of higher food prices. I imagine some areas are worse than others.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/15/bu...-may.html?_r=0

274/191/150

Groktimus Primal's - Population Control?

Groktimus Primal's - Population Control?

I've read the book Inflammation Syndrome. Maybe mother nature has found a way to curb the population without a plague. I had read this before but no one ever pointed out the reproductive tie in for humans. Pottenger's experiments on cats showed that a poor diet caused the cats to develop allergies in the second and third generations (the fourth generation dies if they do manage to reproduce). In the second generation the damage is curable but by the third it is not. He said it is parallel to what is happening to humans with rampant allergies and asthma. He then states that 1 in 5 couples are infertile. Damn if the writing isn't on the wall! Mother Nature truly does know best and if we keep eating this SAD diet and pretending it's somehow "balanced" things are only going to get worse. Imagine all these aging baby boomers being tended to by the next generation that is even weaker! We certainly do need population control though and we are obviously not bright enough to do it on purpose.

274/190/150

Groktimus Primal's - Twinkies Rise Again / EPA Sell Out

Groktimus Primal's - BT Toxins

Groktimus Primal's - BT Toxins

BT toxins are basically Monsanto's GMO built in pesticides that we get to eat without our knowledge. Here is evidence that it destroys red blood cells. Yum!

Scientists Discover Bt Toxins Found In Monsanto Crops Damage Red Blood Cells | Collective-Evolution

274/188/150

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member
    I missed too many of your posts...do you know how to "favorite" a topic in the MDA Android app? Or would you recommend Tapatalk instead? Just a bit frustrated by seeing the tantalizing Favorite icon at the top of the Profile section and not being able to use it.

In reply to: politicians lying and saying GM foods are safer, I like the bit "there is no substantiated case of any adverse impact...". They're saying they haven't studied it, thus proving it's ok to eat.

I know there are invisible ninjas stalking around my house because I've never seen them. Same logic...

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast