Page 46 of 81 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 46

jfrendek is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wow, that's an impressive load of awful! It seems you don't have to wait very long for serious ill effects to become apparent. I guess our politicians on the take can't quite make the connection though.

Groktimus Primal's - China to Buy Largest US Pork Producer / Monsanto

Groktimus Primal's - China to Buy Largest US Pork Producer / Monsanto

China is probably going to buy the largest US pork producer. How many people think it's a good idea to sell our food production to any foreign power and China is only a friend when it suits them? I'm sure they need the food since they can't stop breeding. The real kicker is that they say part of the reason they want it is because they actually trust American food more than their own. Talk about scary and sad. Although I still trust US food more than imports from China I certainly don't call American food trustworthy.

BBC News - China's Shuanghui to buy US pork producer for $4.7bn

Monsanto again...

Unapproved Monsanto crop found growing in Oregon ? RT USA

The Monsanto 71: Senators Who Betrayed Constituents in Favor of Biotech Dollars

274/190/150

Groktimus Primal's - 46

Groktimus Primal's - 46

Well today I turn 46. The same age at which my oldest brother passed away from a heart attack. Right now I have such a headache part of me wished I were dead but I'll choose to be thankful instead.

274/190/150

ldygeko is offline Member
    Happy Birthday, Groktimus! I hope the headache lessens enough for you to enjoy this special day.....
    Lady Gecko, a.k.a. Theresa.

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member
    Happy birthday.

Sorry 'bout the headache. Not living next to a Monsanto plant, are ya?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Groktimus Primal's - Wellness Rules / Monsanto

Groktimus Primal's - Wellness Rules / Monsanto

I hear that the government is putting forth "wellness rules" which will help pave the way for our employers to reward or bash us for healthy/unhealthy behavior. Aside from the implications of too much infringement on personal life I think the government has proven that it does not know (or at least want to know) what constitutes a healthy diet.

Government Issues Finalized Wellness Rules | NACS Online

On the bright side Monsanto was hacked...

Monsanto website downed as Anonymous claims hack ? RT USA

274/191/150

ldygeko is offline Member
    Wellness rules - I work in healthcare, and we are already seeing this in our world. Each year we must prove whether we are nicotine free or not. Nicotine users are charged higher premiums for both health insurance and life inurance.

Another local hospital now has a "wellness" clause in their health insurance plan. Each year those who are considered overweight must attend a wellness seminar/class and make attempts to lose a certain amount in order to qualify for lower premiums.

I am torn on the issue, mostly because the insurance companies (and our government) control healthcare spending so much so that I personally know people who are not getting the care they need. But I also agree that the healthy people are paying higher premiums because of all the unhealthy people in the same plan.

I would rather see some type of reward system rather than a punitive one. What do you think?
    Lady Gecko, a.k.a. Theresa.

I think that both government and your employer should stay out of your personal life. If they want to provide non-privacy invasive incentives or educational materials that is fine but the end never justifies the means when you start to trample an individuals right to privacy and to live the way they want (short of illegal or truly aberrant activities). They don't even know what a healthy lifestyle or lipid numbers really are and even if they did it's not going to stop this system of greed from going straight down the toilet. I say get the facts right and stop promoting the SAD diet and start promoting what we evolved to eat, give people the education and let the chips fall where they may in a free (if imperfect country).

Groktimus Primal's - Let's Play Jail the Farmer

Groktimus Primal's - Let's Play Jail the Farmer

Amish Wisconsin farmer Vernon Hershberger is still in trouble. Even after he won his case and wasted 3 years of his life and lord only knows how much money. The Wisconsin DOJ is still after him because he continued his business of selling milk during the time he was on trial which violated his bond terms. Of course the fact that he was proven right and still needed money to live during his costly trial doesn't justify this in the eyes of the law. The DOJ is so far off base here it it isn't funny. You would think any and all entities in Wisconsin would be promoting the sale of all agricultural products but I guess they only promote Big Agra and kick the the wholesome small guy to the curb. It's a money game of how low can you go!

Wisconsin Aims to Jail Amish Farmer

274/192/150

Groktimus Primal's - Grains / Monsanto / Chromeboo

Groktimus Primal's - Grains / Monsanto / Chromebook

There is another study out now claiming that our ancestors lived off of grains 3.5 million years ago that they are using as some sort of evidence that the Paleo diet is BS. I have news for them. Even if some grain was consumed as far back as when we were single celled organisms it's not going to make a difference because the quantity and quality of whatever was eaten then does not come close to our 10 servings or processed GMO (twinkie equivalent) nutritionally barren grain of today. As Mark would say there is always a place for starvation food. All food is different today than it was back then but it makes sense to mimic the best diet of our ancestors as close as reasonably possible.

I consider the bile and hydrochloric acid that these idiots (with an agenda) make come up in my throat proof that I am well adapted to eating meat. It's probably many of the same fools that believe an omnipotent God whipped us up out of pixie dust.

Even Our Ancestors Never Really Ate the “Paleo Diet” : The Crux

Now here is a devil you can believe in...

Monsanto can't explain how GMO wheat survived ? RT USA

Also I got the Samsung Chromebook for my birthday. I can't recommend it highly enough. It's not suitable as a laptop replacement for most people but it's fantastic at the 90% of what most people do and a great value!

274/191/150

Page 46 of 81 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast