Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 44

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Let it be

Primal Fuel
    Groktimus Primal's - Let it be

How I wish I could watch... people kill each other, corporations run us over and the government remove all our rights (for our own good they say). Well, I estimate I only have another 10 years of life (at best) and I have no children so I guess it's not all bad. I won't be leaving too many people behind who'll live to see where this course takes us but I would think anyone with a history book would know that we are on a path to a police state and it doesn't take a genius to know that's no way to live if you even want to call it living. Here are couple more abominations for you...

Dan Brown Hearing in Maine Food Sovereignty Case: Judge Finds Raw Milk Not a ‘Local Food’

Canada: Shropshire Sheep Case

274/195/150

Groktimus Primal's - Fat Chance Book Review / Monsanto / Raw Milk

Groktimus Primal's - Fat Chance Book Review / Monsanto / Raw Milk

The Fat Chance book is brilliant. Dr. Lustig tells you that glycation is really the browning of your own meat due to the Maillard reaction. Either you can cook meat at 375 degrees for an hour or you can cook it at 98.6 for 75 years by eating sugar!

He tells you that table sugar is glucose and fructose. Fructose is metabolized like a fat so table sugar overloads both metabolic pathways. He calls it being "frucked". With a small exception for nuts he tells us mother nature never really includes carbs and fat to be eaten togther.

Dr. Atkin's always said that fat would not hurt you IF you were keeping the carbs low too!

Here's some more bad news for people trying to be healthy...

Monsanto wins landmark patent case in Supreme Court ? RT USA

And here...

Mike Elgan

Yesterday 5:03 PM (edited) - Public

It's time to decriminalize nature and legalize food.

A dairy farmer in Wisconsin is facing two and a half years in prison for selling raw milk.

Even the charge is legally false. The "buyers" of the milk were actually part of a "buyer's club" who bought shares in the cows.

But let's be honest: The dairy farmer's crime was offering people an alternative to the massive and politically powerful US dairy industry.

The problem with raw milk production is that it cannot be industrialized. So it's not a product that giant companies can produce at scale. Therefore, they want it to be unsafe and illegal and they press government to make sure that happens.

How dangerous is raw milk? Between 1998 and 2011 there have been two fatalities nationwide. That's being used to justify the jailing of a farmer who sells raw milk to people who know the so-called risks and choose to buy and drink it anyway.

Meanwhile, Harvard researchers say that 25,000 US deaths each year are linked to sodas and other "sugary drinks."

Two deaths in 13 years = prison for selling a dangerous beverage.

25,000 deaths each year = massive subsidy from the government to encourage lower prices and higher consumption.

Raw milk is controversial and people aren't going to agree about it. But that's not what this is about. This is about whether corporations should be able to criminalize food -- any food -- because they don't want competition.

And it's about whether the government for any reason should ban food that people want to eat, weather it's trans fats and Big Gulp sodas in New York (illegal), raw almonds in California (illegal) or raw milk anywhere.

I think the health food people and the junk food people should unite to end food fascism and legalize all food.

Don't you agree?

274/195/150

Groktimus Primal's - Mark's New App

Groktimus Primal's - Mark's New App

It's great Mark finally has his own App. The site truly warrants it and I have been waiting for it. However, one should note that it is really just a branded version of Tapatalk that I was already using to access the forums.

Tapatalk is the best thing for it anyway I believe.

274/195/150

Groktimus Primal's - Paleo "study" / Egg Beaters

Groktimus Primal's - Paleo "study" / Egg Beaters

There was another mock study done on the Paleo diet. The diet improved weight and performance but slightly raised cholesterol so of course they published it as much more bad than good. Here is what Richard Nickoley had to say about it...

OMG: Paleolithic Diet is Associated With Unfavorable Changes to Blood Lipids in Healthy Subjects | Free The Animal

It's one of the best posts I've ever read!

And here is something amusing about Egg Beaters needless egg substitute...

Egg Beaters: Food for Fools

274/194/150

Groktimus Primal's - Big Chair / Condom Ring

Groktimus Primal's - Big Chair / Condom Ring

Here are couple a funny/sad things of note...

Here at work we now have some heavy duty reinforced chairs due to the obesity epidemic. Can you say diabeetus?

The authorities broke up a condom counterfeiter ring that was selling defective condoms. Talk about getting screwed! I think that requires a whole knew lack of ethics and disregard for mankind

274/192/150

Groktimus Primal's - Monsanto wants to sue Vermont

Groktimus Primal's - Monsanto wants to sue Vermont

They really need to be smacked down!

Monsanto threatens to sue the entire state of Vermont ? RT USA

274/192/150

Groktimus Primal's - Smokers

Groktimus Primal's - Smokers

I find this all pretty amazing.I see folks going outside several times a day on every break they get to go out and smoke. It doesn't matter what kind of weather or the fact that they now pay more for medical insurance (which is already a rare and pricey commodity). They do so with an intense urgency that shows the raw power of addiction. It goes without saying that everyone is well aware that there are few things worse that you can do to your body.The price of cigarettes (let alone the inconvenience) doesn't sway them. Can you image going to the gas station and getting robbed via the high price of gas and then you go inside and pick up some cigarettes? The only way you could possibly get robbed any more would be to pick up some lottery tickets, booze and coffee/donuts! All this doesn't even take into account the future additional medical expenses when the habit catches up with them. You just know if their job demanded that they go outside in all kinds of weather they would bitch and moan. So many of them just carelessly leave their butts around anywhere just waiting to start a fire or just be disgusting as hell. They all smell worse than body odor to boot. Even the time wasted when they could be learning something is a crying shame.

I definitely don't like to be told what to do and I think smokers should be able to smoke in designated areas if they want to but I just have trouble believing so many would choose that. I know it's addictive but can't they get the strength of will to last a month smoke free and let the cravings subside to a manageable level? Hell if they quit they could take a month off from work and still come out ahead financially. Pretty soon employers will be quietly discriminating against them (if not already) because healthy employees are more productive. I also get a kick out of the way they need to light up immediately upon exiting the building and then get one more puff in before coming back inside. I would find it embarrassing if it were me. I guess it's OK as long as they're not fat!

Enough ranting

274/193/150
    Last edited by jfrendek; 05-17-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Groktimus Primal's - School Lunch & Lunchables

Groktimus Primal's - School Lunch & Lunchables

A young school boy documented (secretly) the horrors of school lunch... (it's great)

https://vimeo.com/48406956

Someone took the time to truly take a look at just how dangerous "Lunchables" truly are...

Maria's Nutritious and Delicious Journal: LUNCHABLES and Our Brain

274/192/150

Groktimus Primal's - Canola Crap (it's what's for dinner)

Groktimus Primal's - Canola Crap (it's what's for dinner)

Jimmy Moore posted that canola protein (formerly just animal feed) has now been classified as Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS) by the FDA. In 2014 it will be a blight in damn near every processed product and cause similar health problems we now experience with soy. Canola is not a food it's a toxin and it was not even suitable for animals and now the food industry has been given the green light from the FDA to begin poisoning us with it. The only thing we can do is stick to eating real food as much as possible.

More diary woes...

The Vernon Hershberger Trial Begins Today

Good idea... (the rise of food swapping)

BBC News - Food swapping: The movement taking off in the UK

274/192/150

Groktimus Primal's - GM Crops Destroyed

Groktimus Primal's - GM Crops Destroyed

Hungary burned 1000 acres of Monsanto GM crops. It appears they are smarter and less corrupt than the US.

Hungary Destroys All Monsanto GMO Corn Fields | REALfarmacy.com | Healthy News and Information

Wow! Coconut water was used as blood plasma in war time...

Can Coconut milk be used for blood plasma

274/194/150

Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast