Page 40 of 84 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 40

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Escape the Diet Trap

Primal Fuel
    Groktimus Primal's - Escape the Diet Trap

I'm reading Escape the Diet Trap by English Dr. John Briffa. This is an excellent book recommended by Jimmy Moore. He combines Atkin's and Paleo in a simple straight forward way. I believe that this is the best and healthiest way for tough losers to drop the pounds. The only down side is that there is not much new in the book for those who have been around.

274/191/150

Groktimus Primal's - Raw Milk's Raw Deal

Groktimus Primal's - Raw Milk's Raw Deal

According to the Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund many states including my home state of Massachusetts are legalizing the sale of raw milk products. This is certainly a step in the right direction but you can tell that Big Agra still has the politicians in their pockets. It can't be sold in supermarkets or in a place contiguous to the diary. I suspect they hope to keep raw milk obscure and shut up the voices who want the products legal for sale by allowing them to buy the stuff in a way that the typical consumer will never seek out or even know about.

Even if you worry that a statistically insignificant percentage of the populous might get sick from raw milk why should this be a surprise? All live/natural food is pretty much nutritious but can also cause harm. You can't really only have a good side without a bad side anywhere you look. Do we regret WWII because it costs some lives or would it be better to live under German rule? With health for the many you will always have sickness for the few. It is the way of life. Consider this... Twinkies are safe to eat right now but bring bad health and death early in life. Cantaloupes might harbor bacteria but for the vast majority of folks it will lead to a longer, stronger life. We can't cut off our nose to spite our face because a few people take ill.

274/192/150

Groktimus Primal's - Evil Bakers Shutdown

Groktimus Primal's - Evil Bakers Shutdown

You know those sugar free muffins many people eat once in a while because at least they are a better option than the sugar drenched ones? Well they ain't sugar free and they also contain an astounding amount of fat!

Bakery Shut Down After FDA Finds Sugar in Sugar-Free Snacks - ABC News

274/192/150

Groktimus Primal's - Paying for Poison

Groktimus Primal's - Paying for Poison

Steve Cooksey posted a link the other day showing a news article that stated our glorious government is thinking about buy 400,000 tons of sugar with our tax money to bailout the sugar industry. Maybe we could just burn the money for heat at least it would do someone good.

Sugar Bailout Is Govt. Policy at Its Worst: Hypocritical and Stupid | Daily Ticker - Yahoo! Finance

274/192/150

Groktimus Primal's - Chris Kresser

Groktimus Primal's - Chris Kresser

Chris Kresser has a new a new column at the Huntington Post. It's nice to see him going main stream and earning a living but I am a bit concerned. From what I hear the Huntington Post is the pawn of super villain Dean Ornish and his meat bashing buddies so I hope Kresser doesn't sell out.

274/193/150

Groktimus Primal's - Meat that can't be "beat"

Groktimus Primal's - Meat that can't be "beat"

File this under completely freakin' amazing

Man, 39, to get new penis made from arm after he was born without one | Mail Online

274/193/150

Groktimus Primal's - New Balance

Groktimus Primal's - New Balance

I just bought a pair of New Balance MT20v2 Minimus Trail Running shoes from Amazon. They had them as a Gold Box deal for $50 bucks. Although I'm not a runner I am interested in trying the barefoot experience. All I have so far are the Merrell slip on minimal shoes. I love them and I paid through the nose for them but I couldn't resist the cool sneakers even though I hate shoes with laces. I do think it's time to move beyond laces. Perhaps this just shows I'm too damn lazy but so be it! This is the first time I've ever seen decent minimalist shoes for anything close to a reasonable price which really sucks because they are not as durable as many regular shoes. For the amount of money they usually as for such shoes I expect them to be made out of Kevlar and gore tex.

274/194/150

Groktimus Primal's - The Dark Side of Progress

Groktimus Primal's - The Dark Side of Progress

While it's great that modern man rarely gets put in a life or death situation as Mark says the constant low level stress is probably worse because we have not evolved to operate in that mode. The thing that really get me is the human nature that seems to go something like this... Hmm... I have nothing real to worry about so let me obsess and worry over stupid bullshit and try to make those around me do the same. You can define that as life in a corporation. Call me angry but I don't want to be rich so that I can live a playboy lifestyle. I want to be rich so I can tell the world to shove it and build my fortress of solitude.

274/194/150

Groktimus Primal's - The Good, Bad & the Ugly

Groktimus Primal's - The Good, Bad & the Ugly

Monsanto pushed more heinous legislation through congress...

Food Democracy Now | Tell President Obama to veto the Monsanto Protection Act!

Robb Wolf gave a presentation at the Bunny Ranch

Joe Weider passed away at 93 of heart failure.

CVS is requiring employees to reveal there weight for health coverage among other things which are really not right...

Reveal Your Weight or Pay a Fine for Health Care - Peachtree Corners, GA Patch

274/193/150

Groktimus Primal's - Stress

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Groktimus Primal's - Stress

If there's one thing killing us all besides the tainted food supply it's stress. In our bigger, better, faster, cheaper instant gratification world I have to say it's peoples constant need for change. Every day that I manage to live through sees change at an ever increasing rate. I think we were designed to be simple creatures that are only capable of adapting to slow evolutionary changes for the most part. We are going to be very miserable people with some great cellphones if this modern nightmare continues.

274/193/150

Page 40 of 84 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast