Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 4

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal’s – PB Requirements

Primal Fuel
    Groktimus Primal’s – PB Requirements

It’s so easy a caveman could do it

The Primal Blueprint is about as basic and common sense as it gets but like anything else the devil is in the details. I tried to explain some of it to my mother last night and I got that look of bewilderment. Later on while I was pondering that conversation it really struck me. You need 4 things to be successful with a Primal lifestyle…

- You need to seriously want to change (no maybes)
    - You need to read the book (info is power)
    - You need to take the time to understand the reasons behind the book (so it will stick)
    - You need to dedicate a month to real change before evaluating the plan

Change takes effort and most people are not scientists and they have been taught differently all their lives. It will take some convincing but remember their very lives may be at stake. It’s difficult to unplug someone from “The Matrix” and many people will resist and then go into shock!

Later it will be fun to clue them in as to how most everything they have been taught is wrong thanks to people and a system that puts financial interests above all else.

Also bear in mind that being too preachy is an evil unto itself.

274/217/150

Groktimus Primal’s – Snatch the pebble Grasshopper

Groktimus Primal’s – Snatch the pebble Grasshopper

Here are some things I have discovered that help me to survive. Once I analyzed Primal living I realized it’s all interconnected. Anything you like to do, your coping mechanisms are all part of the plan unless they go against the “grain” and become part of the problem.

- Primal (low carb) eating
    - Simple exercises (i.e. squats)
    - Go to bed early
    - Vitamin/mineral/fish oil supplementation
    - Deep breathing exercises (hyperventilation)
    - Using a Fitbit
    - Weighing week days / tracking
    - Chess (good for the mind & fun)
    - Simplifying every possible action
    - Learn continuously (i.e. read)
    - Break compulsive behaviors
    - Walk every chance you get

As basic as this information is it took me 40+ years (and help) to discover, implement and recognize and I’m sure there is much more I don’t know. It’s real easy to play “Monday morning quarterback” and kick myself for spending half me life in ignorance but sometimes I think the knowledge must be hard fought in order to be accepted, utilized and appreciated. Hopefully I can make it easier on others.

274/217/150

Groktimus Primal’s – Hippies are us

Groktimus Primal’s – Hippies are us

Are we the new hippies? I was born too late to truly identify with hippies but I have noticed that living primal sort of makes me hate the money motivated world of the “the man”. It seems to be the root cause of stress and lies. After looking at the food industry I thought about healthcare and the government and soon realized that there was no source of information I could truly trust except my own observations which can be very lacking.

I must say that the connotations evoked by the word “hippie” don’t conjure up positive images for me. At least I have no desire to form a circle, attend rallies or protest and I still would like to earn a living. Does that make me hippie proof? I could use a little free love though

I guess since information is power we must expect it to be used as a tool to make “tools” of us.

Eric Cartman would not approve.

274/215/150

Groktimus Primal’s – Off Balance

Groktimus Primal’s – Off Balance

Today’s observation is one I’ve had many times but seldom think about. I work in security and people need to bring an access badge to work in order to enter the building. On Monday morning’s so many people forget their badge. The day after something as small as Halloween people forget their badge and it occurs to me that it takes only the slightest change, the smallest bump in the road and seemingly intelligent people are off balance and all hosed up.

Maybe I’m a genius, more likely I’m just an ass but whenever I have a problem, no matter how small I put a little procedure in place that I make a habit and thus I am almost never “one of those people”. It seems to me if a lowly security guard can keep his head attached then it should not be a challenge for those making the big bucks. Perhaps they specialize in thinking big and that is why they make more money but to me it just seems silly. Naturally this is just one example of the countless things that people screw up for the most ridiculous reasons.

Is this the reason folks have trouble sticking to their plan? A fly farts in the room next door and suddenly people can’t think far enough ahead or detail oriented enough to make sure they have a nutritious lunch?

Perhaps I should relax and become a screw up. No one really appreciates consistency anyway.

I lay my head on the railroad tracks and weight for the Double-E…

274/215/150

Groktimus Primal’s – Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

Groktimus Primal’s – Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

I watched the Joe Cross film Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. It was pretty good and entertaining at the same time. The man “juices” his way across America and encounters many different and varied people. I will warn you; Joe sells juicers and is down on meat but very up on vegetables and fruit. His personal story of illness and obesity coupled with his personality and humor make it well worth watching. Also like most anything else you watch there is likely to be at least a minor educational gem in it. It is available through Netflix so it’s pretty cheap and easy to stick in the queue when you’re bored.

274/213/150

Groktimus Primal’s – Neolithic Disease Agents

Groktimus Primal’s – Neolithic Disease Agents

I was doing some reading and I came across the phrase “Neolithic Disease Agents”. I thought, my God how succinct a way to refer to modern day poisons. Sometimes it’s hard to remember if it comes in a box, requires a label or even excessive preparation to make it edible it may be (and likely is) toxic to a degree. The movies are misleading, most of the time one does not fall down dead immediately upon ingesting toxic substances. Most truly are a slow form of suicide as with an alcoholic.

274/217/150

Groktimus Primal’s – Caveman Discovers Podcast

Groktimus Primal’s – Caveman Discovers Podcast

I’m oddly excited. I was poking around Robb Wolf’s site and I came across his podcast section. I was aware he was doing them but like so many things it flew under my radar as I’ve never taken an interest in podcasts before.

To get to the point there were already 104 of them waiting to be heard. I downloaded them all and it was just over 3 Gig. It’s going to require about 7 CD-Rs of which I’ve already burned 3 and began listening to the first one. This is fantastic because it is all fresh material to me and I can listen to it on my daily commute. This is another great example of making better use of one’s time. This is like Grok discovering a new cave somehow came with a TV! He never knew what he was missing until it was in his face.

274/217/150

Groktimus Primal’s – Going Nuts

Groktimus Primal’s – Going Nuts?

I was listening to one of the Robb Wolf Paleo Podcasts and they decided to address the roll of nuts in the diet. It seems that while true nuts (tree nuts, not peanuts) are permissible I had to laugh when they started joking about people eating an entire jar of almond butter per day. Robb of course said that was overdoing it to say the least and although while controlling your insulin level it was unlikely to have dire weight related consequences you are not likely to get lean doing it. I was not doing it regularly but I must say that I have done it. Sometimes I think I could kill myself with water simply by being told it is OK to have as much as you like!

Thankfully this diet gets rid of my cravings and I can force myself to moderate. This would never have worked for me on that SAD (Standard American Diet) diet. I’ll bet I am not alone on this one!

274/215/150

Dialit is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrendek View Post
    Groktimus Primal's - Primal Pets

As I began applying Primal consideration (on top of the low carb consideration) to my diet a thought occurred to me
    274/217/150
    ... Pets

I did some googling and some YouTubing and found a recipe for primal dog food which I'm now feeding my two dogs. It's basically equal parts raw meat and steamed veggies (I use 80/20 hamburger and shredded carrots, broccoli slaw, spinach, chopped squashes), plus an egg and some organic plain full fat yogurt. it costs about the same as the Science Diet they were eating before. I've only been experimenting with it for a little over a week, but I have to say that already, they seem more energetic (in a good way), their shedding is improving, their poops are less stinky, and doggy BO and breath have improved significantly. We'll see how it goes in the long run.

PS one thing I recall from my search to keep in mind - dogs are omnivores, but cats are carnivores, so a primal cat diet would not include the veggies.

Groktimus Primal’s – Just say no!

Groktimus Primal’s – Just say no!

Just say no to BS! My latest pet peeve…

You know those folks that after you tell them no grains then they just have to ask what about gluten free? Does that include rice krispies? Here’s the deal with most everything in life…

If you have to ask then the answer is freakin’ no, once and for all no! Wasn’t that easy? Trying to fool yourself only sets you back and wastes valuable time you will not get back.

People who have nothing to do look for problems and people with too many problems get overwhelmed and start to ignore them. Some folks over communicate and others under communicate. Probably about 10% have it right.

If we all only focused on worthwhile endeavors and consciously tried to simplify our lives we would really be Grokkin’ on.

Excuse me now; I must go reinvent the wheel

274/216/150

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast