Page 38 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 38

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Time to focus

Shop Now
    Groktimus Primal's - Time to focus

Now that the great blizzard of 13 is over it's time to regroup and attack. My weight has crept up a bit this week. Fortunately I think most, if not all of it is due to constipation and larger portions of permitted foods. When the power is out you tend to think a little constipation is better than having to use a toilet that you may not be able to flush! Also since I never varied from my permitted foods I stayed in Ketosis most of the time so I suspect the weight is not permanent and of course it's hard to experience much real change in one week anyway.

Never the less I don't like it and I make no excuses. It's time to watch my food quantity as well as quality, get back into my minor exercise routine that I neglected (although snow shoveling is more exercise than I normally get anyway) and get my "regularity" back in the bathroom department

With the stress and odd sleep patterns one has to deal with during a semi-crisis it should be a relative breeze. I like nothing more than my normal boring routine. In many ways it actually sustains me mentally as well.

274/196/150

Groktimus Primal's - Deep Nutrition Review

Groktimus Primal's - Deep Nutrition Review

Sooner or later you have to get around to reading the book Deep Nutrition. Although I haven't finished it yet I can say it is a must read. The author makes some compelling arguments that epigenetics are incredibly powerful and lead to more permanent changes to DNA than simply lucky/unlucky mutations do. The scary thing is we can actually "insult" our genes and pass the bastardized versions onto our kids. The most hopeful thing is that they are fairly fluid and can be corrected somewhat by clean living.

274/195/150

Groktimus Primal's - War of the Worlds

Groktimus Primal's - War of the Worlds

I've seen this before. A meteor crashes as it did in Russia and now Tom Cruise must save us from the mechanized monsters that rise up!

Head over to...

Robb Wolf - Happy Valentines Day!

To see my kind of Valentine's bouquet!

274/193/150

Groktimus Primal's - Quality is job none

Groktimus Primal's - Quality is job none

It occurs to me after breaking yet another ice scraper during the snow storm that nothing is made with quality anymore. I searched for a heavy duty one and could not find one at any price. Aside from being a frustrating waste of money and resources I think that the most damaging aspect of our disposal world might just be how it effects out psyche. Almost everything is like that now. In a world where no one cares about anything except money (rather than their fellow man or at least craftsmanship) leaves us all lacking. It's hard to achieve greatest when we barely strive for mediocrity! Perhaps it at least leaves room for a few to shine.

274/194/150

Groktimus Primal's - Who to trust?

Groktimus Primal's - Who to trust?

I was just thinking, who can we really trust? Certainly not the food industry or the government which is clearly in their pocket. Not that I don't put a lot of trust in Mark or Robb Wolf but most self help types are clearly out to earn a living first and foremost and who can really blame them? I guess charity starts at home and we all need to kowtow to the system somewhat. Much of the natural state of man seems to be greedy and selfish, after all the whole "me first thing" is much of how we survive.

So then it occurred to me that the only thing you can really trust is your own genetics which are also pretty greedy and selfish but they are so on your behalf and they have no ulterior motive. As Mark would say it's about figuring out what inputs they expect (and don't "want") without getting mislead that will truly make you all you can be. History, science and experimentation are our tools but they must be used with a very critical eye! I know this thought is not original and it pretty well defines the whole Primal theme but I thinks it's one of those simple truths Mark often points out that never gets directly thought about.

274/194/150

Groktimus Primal's - Peeps & Windex

Groktimus Primal's - Peeps & Windex

I just read a blog where someone discovered sugar free marshmallow Peeps but could not stop eating them. Unfortunately she is very sensitive to sugar alcohols and that creates quite a problem. In order to stop eating them she not only threw them away but contaminated them by spraying them with Windex to remove all temptation. That is the best one I've heard in a long time!

274/194/150

Groktimus Primal's - Appreciation

Groktimus Primal's - Appreciation

I heard a piece of wisdom on a sitcom the other day. A priest was asked what kind of God would allow such suffering to take place and the simple answer is that although we all desire not to suffer as the Dalai Lama teaches us, it is an unfortunate reality that we don't appreciate how good we have it until some sort of suffering or acute pain takes away what we have and then we see the reality of our lives. I'm not religious but as uncomfortable as they are, I can see the need for some of the hills and valleys in our lives. I certainly prefer to keep things on an even keel but as Captain Kirk would say, "Our pain is what makes us human." and being human myself, I must assume that it is a good thing at least some of the time.

274/191/150

Groktimus Primal's - College of True Medical Knowledge

Groktimus Primal's - College of True Medical Knowledge

I have spent more time, effort and money to educate myself regarding diet and lifestyle than anyone should ever have to in the modern age but unfortunately it is necessary and provides a better return on investment than anything else you could possibly study. Being sick or dead tends to put a major damper on your life any other achievements you might make.

After reading and integrating an immense number of books and add that to years of N=1 self experimenting and social networking I can honestly say I have hit a "eureka moment". I certainly don't feel like I know everything and I also know that none of the information I've read is ever likely to be 100% corrected but I can tell you this... I have a better, clearer more truthful understanding of what works for health and weight loss than you could ever extract from the medical field for any price (especially since they don't have or endorse the information).

A smarter person than I would probably try to write a book that provides cliff notes to all I have learned. It could reach more people that way but it would be doing the information an injustice because much like the media soundbites you hear on the news there is no shortcut to the whole picture and the authors of these books are pretty brilliant and I give them all the credit.

So here is what I have done...

I became an Amazon Affiliate (not for the tiny bit of money) so I could use their cool book listing widget to show what books need to be read for a complete understanding from the best minds in health, nutrition and lifestyle. These 10 books teach you the who, what, where, when and why of everything you need to know to live a better life (health/weight wise). Even for those questions left unanswered you will usually be able to extrapolate what the right course of action is even if the reason behind it is not completely understood.

Now go to my website and scroll down to the book wheel and become a "Graduate".

Jim's Home Page

274/192/150

Groktimus Primal's - Fooling Mother Nature

Groktimus Primal's - Fooling Mother Nature

Check this out. Science is trying to alter vegetables to produce more volatile substances to trick our tongues into detecting sweetness. While I don't doubt that many folks would like vegetables better if they tasted as sweet as fruit I have to wonder at what cost? What could go wrong? I think fooling with mother nature (especially directly rather than through hybridization) could certainly backfire like GMOs will.

Studying the Science of Sweetness - Tested

274/194/150

Groktimus Primal's - Am I the only one?

Groktimus Primal's - Am I the only one?

Am I the only one who shaves and as I clean out the razor I see the ridiculous amount of hair collected from just one days growth and think, "What the hell is my body doing growing all this useless pain in the ass hair instead of taking that protein and building some muscle?"

274/195/150

Page 38 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast