Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 36

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Cheesecake!

Groktimus Primal's - Cheesecake!

It may cost an arm and a leg but one of the advantages I discovered of low carb dieting is that one can sometimes eat low carb cheesecake without sending the diet into a tailspin. I ordered one from The Cheesecake Factory and even though the price makes the damage self limiting I can say it was worth every penny to strict low carber that would damn near rather die than fall off the wagon!

274/192/150

Groktimus Primal's - Personal Experiments Results

Groktimus Primal's - Personal Experiments Results

Time to review my personal experiments...

-Phillips Blue Golite

After using it for a couple of weeks I consider it pretty and expensive but of no use to me. Perhaps I just don't have Seasonal Affect Disorder.

-Salt "soap"

This definitely appears to have a positive effect on healing any skin issues. I think it probably kills bacteria and helps keep the moisture level low.

-Barefoot Shoes

While I don't wear toe shoes, just the Merrell slip-ons with Vibram soles I can say I think these are definitely healthy for the feet and body alignment. It just feels right.

274/192/150

Groktimus Primal's - In the News

Groktimus Primal's - In the News

Diabulimia - apparently some diabetics want to lose weight so bad they stop taking their insulin. Blindness or kidney failure are often the result.

They found horse meat in some burgers in Ireland. Apparently we need to defraud people who are already buying low end beef.

Obama is pushing gun control. He claims it's worth eroding our freedom even if it only saves one life. That kind of makes me wonder why our men are dying over oil in the middle east. How many barrels do you think = 1 life and why did we ever bother to fight for freedom if the price of one life was worth more?

274/192/150

Groktimus Primal's - Worms

Groktimus Primal's - Worms

This is interesting. Researchers have discovered that having some variety of intestinal worms causes a lack of appetite and weight loss. I would think this would happen if you knew you had worms out of shear disgust! The theory goes that your body alters it's hormone profile to boost the immune system so that it can somehow eradicate the worms. Science is looking to mimic that environment to help get rid of the parasites. I know I would certainly want to get rid of them badly enough to do most anything. I do have to wonder though if they are truly considering trying to mimic the environment (hopefully without the worms) to create an effective weight loss strategy?

BBC News - Weight loss 'is body's way of fighting off gut worms'

274/193/150

Groktimus Primal's - 23 and Me Results

Groktimus Primal's - 23 and Me Results

Well I finally got most of my genetic testing results back from 23 and Me. There isn't much that's definitive but damn there is a lot of data and some interesting traits and risk factors. Basically I learned that I'm at an elevated risk for Alzheimer's disease (I sure feel better now) and my friend learned he has and even higher risk of Atrial Fibrillation.

Not surprisingly I have more caveman in me than most and he has a bit less.

I drag my knuckles therefore I am!

Overall I would say it was definitely worth the $99.

274/194/150

Groktimus Primal's - Time to ban HFCS

Groktimus Primal's - Time to ban HFCS

Coca Cola is jumping on the obesity bandwagon yet they still don't see the link between HFCS and obesity. Now all of a sudden they want to be your partner in health. If they are serious perhaps they would like to push legislation through to ban HFCS! Yeah, I didn't think so.

274/194/150

Groktimus Primal's - Hack Thyself

Groktimus Primal's - Hack Thyself

When I was younger I never took much of an interest in my body. I always thought that health and fitness were well beyond me so why bother. I had a great interest in computers and technology in general. Now that I've learned so much from the low carb and paleo worlds I get as much or more joy experimenting on myself as I ever did fiddling with electronics. I still love electronics but nothing beats ones own health and certainly the human physiology is more complex than anything man has created. If I can't wish for better genetics I at least wish I knew what I know now back then.

274/191/150

Groktimus Primal's - Hungry like the wolf

Groktimus Primal's - Hungry like the wolf

Science is now saying that the wolf evolved into the dog much later than previously thought. One of the primary changes they say was the ability to digest carbohydrates to better take advantage of human food stuffs. I guess I have the answer now as to why so many dogs are obese also!

274/192/150

Groktimus Primal's - Dish Pan Hands

Groktimus Primal's - Dish Pan Hands

Science now believes they have discovered an evolutionary advantage to dish pan hands. Apparently the water logged, wrinkled skin allows us to better pick things up without fumbling in the water.

274/191/150

Groktimus Primal's - Leptin

Groktimus Primal's - Leptin

So far managing insulin through carb intake seems to be the only thing I can do to lose weight. I'd really like to see more research and clear documentation regarding how leptin works and how it fits into the hormonal landscape. I've read various articles but I just don't feel like the knowledge is there yet to do for leptin what Dr. Atkins did for insulin.

274/194/150

Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast