Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 35

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - 2013

Groktimus Primal's - 2013

Well we made it to another year. I plan to continue my resolution that I have been steadily chipping away at for over two years now which is of course to improve my health and have a proportionate weight. It's definitely going to be a year to take stock in personal goals because you certainly can't take stock in the stock market or much of anything else that doesn't fall under your direct control.

I'm not impressed with the deficit, the economy, jobs, our leadership, our freedom or even this countries standing in the world anymore. Least of all I'm not impressed with the healthcare system so personal goals are a must lest we find ourselves in the hospital having the "abbey normal" brain installed by Gene Wilder

274/194/150

Groktimus Primal's - Jimmy Moore & Robb Wolf

Groktimus Primal's - Jimmy Moore & Robb Wolf

The controversies are a grand waste of time. People are accusing Jimmy Moore of being a racist simply because he had David Duke on his show. I can assure you Jimmy is not a racist. Simply talking to a person with a given belief or background does not mean you have the same opinions. Guilt by association is childish.

Robb Wolf, he's been accused of selling out the LC lifestyle. I really don't think Robb has sold out I think he is a hardcore numbers guy. I admit I am a little concerned that he has stopped pushing low carb so hard. I'm sure he has the numbers to back whatever he says but low carb is almost a religious experience for those who have been saved by it such as myself. Just remember, Robb does say if you are metabolically deranged (and many people are) LC is the way to go!

274/191/150

Groktimus Primal's - Monsanto Cucumbers = No Pubes!

Groktimus Primal's - Monsanto Cucumbers = No Pubes!

As unbelievable as this sounds Nova Scotia has banned the sale of Monsanto cucumbers because they cause hair loss and chafing in the "sensitive" areas. They were tipped off by bald mice and animals in the area that had ingested the cucumbers.

Do we really need anymore evidence that GM foods are a bad idea? Can you image what unseen effects might be brewing? Do you really think anyone knows what they are doing in this field of work? Could the benefits of any GM product possibly out weigh the risks (I think the real benefit is lining Monsanto's pockets)?

When will this stupidity stop? Perhaps after thousands suffer serious health consequences?

I suspect the GM cucumbers are...

1. Delivering the equivalent of chemotherapy (thus the hair loss)
    2. Perhaps they mess with our hormones
    3. Maybe they are screwing up our DNA somehow

All Monsanto has to do now is build a Death Star and the Empire would have nothing on them!

Monsanto Cucumbers Cause Genital Baldness -- Immediately Banned in Nova Scotia | The Lapine

274/193/150
    Last edited by jfrendek; 01-03-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Groktimus Primal's - Paleo Diet Trademarked

Groktimus Primal's - Paleo Diet Trademarked

Loren Cordain has trademarked the term "Paleo Diet". I find this very disappointing and suspect it will backfire on him. Let me say I considered Mr. Cordain to be one of my hero's and all of the Paleo/Primal folks owe him a debt of gratitude in my opinion. He is a true founding father of the approach and I don't think anyone really wants to prevent him from making a buck but I draw the line when he tries to prevent others from doing so. Paleo is too big of an idea to be constrained to one man (no matter how great).

Also as much as I respect the man in my opinion he showed us the ball and then promptly dropped it and others such as Robb Wolf and Mark Sisson were there to pick it up and hand it to us. Mr. Cordain's website is down frequently, rarely provides any fresh info and is now stuffed behind a pay wall. Unfortunately the next time Mr. Cordain comes out with new info or a new product my first thought is going to be "It's a money grubbing move." rather than my old thinking which was "Hey, this is good stuff and the man's gotta eat too."

I think it might be time for him to becomes influentially extinct! I don't see him starting a podcast or providing fresh daily info any time soon. Loyalty must be won not coerced. We've all been lied to and used enough it's not smart to poke the injured dog. This time he needs to take a lesson from those he helped spawn.

It pains me to write these thoughts as I would rather be asking the man for his autograph.

274/193/150

Groktimus Primal's - My Story

Groktimus Primal's - My Story

Ever since the age of 8 I can remember being different. The only sports I was ever picked for were
    wrestling and the tug of war. The President's Physical Fitness Test (particularly the 600 yard dash)
    nearly killed me every year and my failure provided endless hours of laughs for the other kids. The only
    saving grace was that I developed a bit faster and even though most of the kids acted like big shots many
    of them were aware that it wasn't too smart to push the big kid too far unless you wanted to be seen running
    away which was more than their egos could take. I did develop an easy going "jolly" personality which helped
    me save what little face was left and diffuse most situations. At least social media hadn't been invented yet!

This social stunting continued all through high school and various employment until I was about 30 years old. Naturally I tried the conventional wisdom many times but due to the unrelenting cravings the most success I ever had lasted about 6 months. I ended up being treated for congestive heart failure and the doctors propped me up with meds and told me to lose weight or my life and sent me home with the same damn low fat diet that I knew I could not stick to even in the face of death. I went home depressed and expecting to die.

The most important moment of my life happened shortly afterward. I went out one night with a friend and
    we met up with one of his friends that happened to have a masters in health promotion and knew the cutting
    edge research in the health and fitness field. He took a look at me and heard my story and immediately told me I was insulin resistant an needed to go on a low carb diet. This was all new and naturally unbelievable because I knew and believed the conventional wisdom even though it obviously wasn't working. After he left I told my friend it sounded like bunk and I didn't plan to follow the low carb advice. My friend just looked me in the eye and said, "What do you have to lose? If things continue as they are you're going to die! Do you have a better idea?" I was about 400 LBS at 5'6" after all and not in good shape in any respect.

I told my friend his logic was sound and I could certainly deprive myself of some junk food and at
    least give it a real try. I did and I was amazed. I read Atkin's and pretty much all of the low carb books
    and the weight started to virtually fall off and my cravings disappeared and eating became a choice rather
    than an addiction. I went off all my meds and began exercising and felt better than ever. I am still
    angry with the medical establishment for knowing less than a friend of a friend in a bar! They sent
    me home with a death sentence when I didn't even really need medication. I could have had a much better
    life and saved myself some real damage with that simple knowledge. Better late than never I suppose.
    My friend actually told me I was the only one he ever saw return from the dead.

I kept the weight off for many years but I slowly loosened the reigns and regained half of it. This time
    I knew what to do and began taking care of the problem. Then I received my second revelation... Thanks to
    Mark Sisson of marksdailyapple.com who showed me that the only thing better than a low carb diet is a low carb paleo diet consisting of low carb whole foods that humans are genetically adapted to eat. There are
    many other lifestyle factors that the paleo world focuses on to complete the health and fitness picture too.

That's where I am today. Most of the way back to a normal weight and grateful to be alive but still
    supremely pissed at the "experts" that I paid good money to that led me (and damn near everyone else)
    astray and still continue to do so!

-Jim Rendek

274/193/150

Groktimus Primal's - Superman

Groktimus Primal's - Superman

Ever since leaving Krypton I participate in two marathons and one triathlon every week while I consume no more than two carrot sticks (sans dressing). I have a high capacity Pez dispenser I use to rapid fire a multitude of statin drugs into my mouth. Doctor Lex "Ornish" Luther assures me that my powers stem directly from my alien lifestyle choices and encourages me to use my powers to "save little bunny rabbits".

Now back in the real world...

As Clark Kent however I simply eat a low carb, whole food diet with a bit of walking and some very modest resistance training to maintain my cover. Hopefully this will not diminish my superpowers while the weight effortlessly falls off my body. Meanwhile back at the Legion of Doom Lex is very upset at my continued fight for Truth (that nobody wants to hear), Justice (that doesn't exist) and The American Way (which hasn't been heard from in a long time).

274/193/150

Groktimus Primal's - Diet Rankings

Groktimus Primal's - Diet Rankings

You really have to love the contradictory bullshit that gets printed. Shortly after Consumer Reports had good things to say about the paleo diet...

'Caveman' or Paleo Diet tops for do-it-yourself weight loss plans

Not that I think Consumer Reports did any great amount of research but then US News prints this piece of garbage from some self selected group of "experts". Do you know what an expert is? An expert these days is someone who is so sure of their opinion they can't be swayed by facts anymore...

Diet Plans That Work - US News Best Diets

Does anyone do medical ward research? Has anyone successfully even treated a statistically significant number of obese patients? Did anyone even bother to take sample menus and run them through the USDA food database to compare the nutrition like Mark Sisson did? Low and behold there are "fad" vegan diets on the list. I call it fad after all because I thought any diet that eliminates a food group was fad diet according to the experts. I guess that's only when it suits their agenda.

Here's another question. Did anyone even try the diet themselves before dropping judgement? I seriously doubt it!

Here is what I believe. Science teaches us how to eat, unfortunately it is Paleontology not medical science. Also the truth goes through 3 stages...

1. Ridicule
    2. Violent attacks
    3. Acceptance as self evident

I doubt I will live that long regardless of how I eat or care for myself!

BTW: I'm down another couple of pounds on this bad, bad evil diet! At least when I die I won't need to be buried in a piano case

274/191/150
    Last edited by jfrendek; 01-09-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Groktimus Primal's - Insulin Resistance

Groktimus Primal's - Insulin Resistance

Damn Robb Wolf for making me think! He has been posting about insulin resistance and low carb dieting. He has gotten away from the carbs=insulin=insulin resistance to some degree. Apparently Chris Masterjohn believes that insulin resistance is generally a good thing because it protects us from destroying our cells. He seems to think that an overabundance of calories in general overloads our body's mitochondria to the point that we develop insulin resistance to safely shuttle the nutrients into fat storage rather than experience cell death due to extreme free radical damage created by burning excessive amounts of fuel.

Everyone wishes they could simply burn through the excess calories and wast them as heat. We do this to some degree anyway. This is why you sometimes feel warm after a big meal. The drug DNP has killed people who have taken if due to organ failure because it activates the uncoupling proteins and makes your body burn a lot of your calories and waste the energy as heat. The body's antioxidant buffers can only take so much of that before it becomes destructive.

This difference might matter down the road but for now I don't see it as an issue. When push comes to shove if you are healthy you can more or less eat what you want from the paleo palette. If you are insulin resistant which is usually easy to discern because of your blood work and more often than not when you step on the scale it will just says "tilt"! If this is the case you need to eat low carb paleo partly because of the insulin issue but also because you will never manage to cut overall calories if you are hungry or craving food all the time and unless you cut the carbs you probably will be! On a low carb diet you will usually cut down the number of calories you eat without trying because you are satisfied sooner, longer and more easily.

What came first the excessive carbs or the excessive calories? I don't know but the carbs are definitely the answer for those of us who are insulin resistant. If you are naturally designed to look like a Greek God then by all means have an extra sweet potato for me

I do believe that in general the lower we keep our insulin levels throughout life the better off we'll be even if you have no overt problems.

274/194/150

Groktimus Primal's - Puke Pump

Groktimus Primal's - Puke Pump

Here's a good one for Friday. Only in America could they devise an idea so repulsive and hokey that it makes gastric bypass sound good. Why can't we just prescribe low carb paleo? I guess it's not as lucrative!

New Weight Loss Technology Vacuums Food Right Out Of Your Stomach!!! | FitPerez.com

274/195/150

Groktimus Primal's - Primal Connection Review

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Groktimus Primal's - Primal Connection Review

Mark has done it again with another triumph that builds upon the Primal Blueprint. This book focuses on mental aspects of primal living rather than the physical. It is well written and thought out and as usual much of what Mark tells you suddenly sounds like common sense that you should have known already but never even gave it a thought. Due to it's topic the information is by necessity less tangible (but still accessible) than the Primal Blueprint and may not offer some readers as much of a life changing experience but it is well worth the price and the time. It's a bit like Mark has finished the last of the sacred scrolls although there is always more as all knowledge is infinite upon examination. When you stop and think about it all happiness and satisfaction is really just a stake of mind.

274/193/150

Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast