Page 34 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 34

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - A little Will hurt you!

Shop Now
    A Little Will Hurt You (or don''t eat the damn donut)

In regard to low carb dieting...

Have you ever heard someone say a "little won't hurt you" or the dreaded "all things in
    moderation" fallacy? Give them a little cyanide (in moderation of course) they'll be fine!

A low carb diet forces your body to burn fat rather than store it unlike the Standard
    American Diet (or SAD for short).

Here IS NOT the problem...

-It's not the calories from the donut you may have eaten

-Nor is it the 2-5 LBS of water weight that you will temporarily retain that comes with the
    increased carb consumption

Here IS the problem...

-Spiking your blood sugar and insulin damages your cells

-Spiking your blood sugar and insulin refills your glycogen stores and will shut down your
    fat loss for THREE DAYS

-Spiking your blood sugar and insulin will not only shut down your fat loss but it will also
    place your body in FAT STORAGE MODE

-Spiking your blood sugar and insulin will cause most people to experience hard to control
    cravings for MORE AND MORE CARBOHYDRATES

-Eating a lot of fat while consuming a lot of carbohydrates is a RECIPE FOR HEART DISEASE
    among other things

-Junk food IS NOT REALLY FOOD. Just because you can eat it does not make it so

The next time someone tries to give you bad counsel be polite (or not) but take it for
    what it's worth (misery and an early grave).

274/194/150

Groktimus Primal's - Salt Soap Bar

Groktimus Primal's - Salt Soap Bar

I tried a Himalayan Salt "soap" bar. I was curious about it. I use it after my shower and apply it using my hands. You can't apply it directly as it is not really soap but a hard crystalline structure of salt which would scrape the skin. It seems to kill bacteria and improve the skin. Also I taste salt for a few hours after using it. I don't really get it in my mouth so perhaps I am absorbing some directly. I like the taste anyway.

284/196/150

bluechip is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrendek View Post
    A Little Will Hurt You (or don''t eat the damn donut)

In regard to low carb dieting...

Have you ever heard someone say a "little won't hurt you" or the dreaded "all things in
    moderation" fallacy? Give them a little cyanide (in moderation of course) they'll be fine!

A low carb diet forces your body to burn fat rather than store it unlike the Standard
    American Diet (or SAD for short).

Here IS NOT the problem...

-It's not the calories from the donut you may have eaten

-Nor is it the 2-5 LBS of water weight that you will temporarily retain that comes with the
    increased carb consumption

Here IS the problem...

-Spiking your blood sugar and insulin damages your cells

-Spiking your blood sugar and insulin refills your glycogen stores and will shut down your
    fat loss for THREE DAYS

-Spiking your blood sugar and insulin will not only shut down your fat loss but it will also
    place your body in FAT STORAGE MODE

-Spiking your blood sugar and insulin will cause most people to experience hard to control
    cravings for MORE AND MORE CARBOHYDRATES

-Eating a lot of fat while consuming a lot of carbohydrates is a RECIPE FOR HEART DISEASE
    among other things

-Junk food IS NOT REALLY FOOD. Just because you can eat it does not make it so

The next time someone tries to give you bad counsel be polite (or not) but take it for
    what it's worth (misery and an early grave).

274/194/150

Good post! I feel rather guilty about caving over the holiday, but I am reminded about the truth that comes with cheating/straying.

Thanks for the ammo!
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

Quote Originally Posted by bluechip View Post
    Good post! I feel rather guilty about caving over the holiday, but I am reminded about the truth that comes with cheating/straying.

Thanks for the ammo!
    Gary Taubes inspired me!

Did you read his book or his blog? I was debating the book purchase....worth the $16?
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

Quote Originally Posted by bluechip View Post
    Did you read his book or his b I ebating the book purchase....worth the $16?
    ;;;
    I don't usually see too much on his blog but I just finished Good Calories Bad Calories. It was dry but excellent and detailed. I am half way through Why We Get Fat and it too is excellent and much easier to work through. They are both required reading and well worth the money in my estimation. I thought I had read darn near all the important ones but I was wrong.

;;;
    I don't usually see too much on his blog but I just finished Good Calories Bad Calories. It was dry but excellent and detailed. I am half way through Why We Get Fat and it too is excellent and much easier to work through. They are both required reading and well worth the money in my estimation. I thought I had read darn near all the important ones but I was wrong.
    I just bought them on Amazon! Thanks for the recommendation!!
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

Groktimus Primal's - Push Ups

Groktimus Primal's - Push Ups

Today I realized another simple truth that I had overlooked for years. The miracle of the push up! Sure it brings up images of the military with the "drop and give me 20" or Jack Lalanne doing his fitness routine on television for those who are old enough to remember him. Several points occur to me...

1. The best exercise is the exercise you are willing to do
    2. They can be done damn near anywhere
    3. They can pretty well be done by anyone (there are easier variations)
    4. Body weight for many of us is serious resistance training without the need for a gym
    5. It provides some of the benefits of performing planks for your core strength
    6. It's a good stepping stone on your way to get in shape for pull ups
    7. No equipment to purchase, lug or take up space (very minimalist)

Also the FDA is taking comments on the GM Salmon that is coming to store near you. I suspect whatever is said will have no effect and they will just follow the money (business as usual) and feed it to us without so much as properly labeling it. They already say they do not expect it to be a problem for humans or the "normal" fish. Even if one agrees with this logic (and I don't believe that any mortal man can answer that question) why chance it? Work on preserving the environment for real fish and real food.

I could simply say "no big deal" because I don't eat Salmon (only because I don't like seafood) but the reality is... What's next? I've actually heard of scientists synthesizing some sort of franken meat from sewage. This is already done by mother nature and grazing thank you and it takes less of an energy input to do so not to mention it is far less disgusting that way!

If anyone has a problem that doesn't need solving just let the authorities know and they will literally "cook" something up for you.

274/193/150

Groktimus Primal's - The Staff of Life?

I have come to believe what I have always intuitively known which is that bread is little more than heavy duty cotton candy. If you think back to all those times you've eaten a sandwich over the years wasn't the theme running in the back of your mind that the bread was merely filler so they didn't have to give you enough real food for your money? You knew intuitively that with the bread the sandwich would fill you up but you also knew that you would be lucky to remain so even until the next meal! Sure we have learned to enjoy bread (although anything addictive seems enjoyable) and it keeps our hands clean but it is subtracting from our health in my opinion.

274/194/150

I have come to believe what I have always intuitively known which is that bread is little more than heavy duty cotton candy. If you think back to all those times you've eaten a sandwich over the years wasn't the theme running in the back of your mind that the bread was merely filler so they didn't have to give you enough real food for your money? You knew intuitively that with the bread the sandwich would fill you up but you also knew that you would be lucky to remain so even until the next meal! Sure we have learned to enjoy bread (although anything addictive seems enjoyable) and it keeps our hands clean but it is subtracting from our health in my opinion.

274/194/150
    I agree. I keep using the wrap the sandwich with lettuce technique, but sometimes I still manage to get mustad on my fingers. Oh well, my heath is worth it!
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

Page 34 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast