Page 32 of 81 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 32

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Atkin's Peanut Butter Bars

Shop Now
    Groktimus Primal's - Atkin's Peanut Butter Bars

Atkins have updated their peanut butter bars to include a layer of cream peanut butter under the chocolate. They look great but I tried one and could not tell the difference. I'm wondering if I got an old bar stuffed in a new wrapper!

274/197/150

Groktimus Primal's - No Peace on Earth

Groktimus Primal's - No Peace on Earth

I have noticed if there is no work to do and nothing to worry about man kind rushes in to "fix" it. If there's absolutely nothing going on they will have freakin' fire drill if necessary!

274/196/150

Groktimus Primal's - Don't wait for New Years

Groktimus Primal's - Don't wait for New Years

I am not waiting for New Year's to make my resolution. I am further cleaning up my diet and determined to start making clear progress again immediately. I may be considered insane by some for attempting to do this during the holidays but I am making it my top priority.

274/195/150

Groktimus Primal's - Health Technology

Groktimus Primal's - Health Technology

With gadgets like the Fitbit and all the "I" attachments for the iphone and whatnot it's finally becoming practical, easy and affordable to have a quantified self. The question is now what will people and the medical industry do with the data? I've reached the age where at this point I'm afraid of the data! I think if they ever put me through a Star Trek type scanner they will immediately drop me from my health insurance and tell me to make my final arrangements.

274/196/150

Groktimus Primal's - Going broke by saving money

Groktimus Primal's - Going broke by saving money

The season has it's advantages and disadvantages that's for sure. You really have to pay attention to see that what you're buying really is a deal and that it has some substantial use or meaning. After doing Christmas shopping I still watch the Amazon deals to see if anything worthwhile comes up. It's a bad time of year to spend more money than you have to but if you see a legitimate good deal on a product you know you will need or truly want it's a real shame to pass it up. The odds are the deal will not be so sweet if you simply buy it two days before you need it. As long as you're not cutting yourself dangerously short or going into debt it certainly makes sense. One just has to make sure the buying is kept in check. Shopping feeding frenzies will wipe you out faster than having your cave collapse! I just bought batteries that I didn't technically need but I use them so consistently and they have such a long shelf life I could not pass up Duracell's at 41 cents a piece!

274/196/150

Groktimus Primal's - Tribal Leadership

Groktimus Primal's - Tribal Leadership

Have you ever noticed that when a big wig comes to town everyone lines up to kiss their ass? Whether it's directly due to the persons money/power (the kiss-up factor) or maybe some sort of genetic memory of how a tribal leader is suppose to be treated pretty much everyone does it (although I see a lot of people pretending to do it so that they fit in). I have worked at both IBM and Radio Shack and it's always been the same me. It still would be me if I were on the street or President. I call this the "my shit don't stink" factor

274/195/150

Groktimus Primal's - GM Salmon & Taxes

Groktimus Primal's - GM Salmon & Taxes

My brother tells me they are either selling or getting ready to sell genetically modified salmon which will only be labelled as farm raised with no indication that it is essentially a salmon crossed with an eel like fish which grows (probably tumors in consumers) much faster.

Amazon has announced that it intends to start charging sales tax in Taxachusetts in November of 2013. They are going to have a physical presence here so I suspect it is unavoidable but what pisses me off is they are backing Federal legislation that would have the whole country doing it. I posted a polite but angry notice about it and to my surprise I got lambasted. Apparently many people are just dying to pay sales tax and shipping on everything they buy. In my mind taxation is not the answer to a failed economy. I also have no delusions about the government using the money wisely and staying out of debt and financial crisis. Yes I know that technically everyone is suppose to claim every single thing they buy on their taxes but I also have never met anyone who does this. It simply amounts to a new tax for a greedy government and likely sweet heart deal and tax breaks for Amazon. Meanwhile Amazon is backing legislation to make sure everybody pays more so it does not hurt them. Previously they fought the states on tax issues but now apparently they are in bed together like everyone else. The consumer always gets screwed. The jobs created will be a drop in the bucket and most probably will not pay well. Can you image the logistics nightmare for many smaller companies? Right now it won't effect small companies but once the til runs dry again you know they will stick their greedy little hands out. They call it a win for brick-and-mortar business but who are they kidding, Amazon will still kick their asses. Even with Amazon Prime shipping at $80 bucks a year not everything qualifies and you can tell they build shipping cost padding into many of their prices. Big Government is a nightmare in itself!

274/195/150

Groktimus Primal's - Raw Milk

Groktimus Primal's - Raw Milk

Apparently few in our Government care about human health let alone human rights. Our "Representatives" (and I use the term loosely) voted down a bill that would have protected farmers/raw milk producers from gun laden raids. Push for small Government people before it's too late!

Freedom watch: Not a single Democrat voted in favor of ending FDA raids on raw milk farmers

274/194/150

Groktimus Primal's - Sugar vs. Bread

Groktimus Primal's - Sugar vs. Bread

For along time I wondered how bread could have a higher glycemic index than table sugar. I had all the knowledge necessary to know the answer but I had failed to properly apply it. It turns out that table sugar is half fructose and that goes straight to the liver and kills you slowly by different mechanisms.

I learned this from Gary Taubes. I finally have gotten around to reading his work and although his famous books are somewhat long and dry I can tell you they are worth the read and even if you are an old hand at low carb dieting I guarantee you will learn something.

274/196/150

bluechip is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrendek View Post
    Groktimus Primal's - Fitbit Ultra

I just upgraded to the Fitbit Ultra. The original Ftibit was great and the new one's are even better. They now have an altimeter so they can log doing stairs. It even has a left handed mode which was very thoughtful. Between that and the scale it's cohesive fitness nirvana.

274/205/150
    Hey, I have the fitbit one and I love it! Have you compared the Fitbit One to Fitbit Ultra? My better half is getting me the scale for x-mas so I'm looking forward to that for the first of the year. Do you track the data or do periodic reviews? I am curious as I've only had mine for about a month.
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

Page 32 of 81 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast