Page 31 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 31

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Losing in reverse

Primal Fuel
    Groktimus Primal's - Losing in reverse

As a Doctor once told me, "I see you are losing weight in reverse!". Unfortunately I think I've reached the stage after losing about 75 LBS where real effort is required. I am suffering a bit of carb creep with my penchant for apples and I am consuming the food of a 275 pounder as appose to 200 pounder looking to drop. So the battle begins a new...

274/202/150

Groktimus Primal's - Fitbit One is the "One"

Groktimus Primal's - Fitbit One is the "One"

I just received the 2 Fitbit Ones I had on pre-order and let me tell you the fit, finish and features have all been flawless for me. I say run out and grab one of these suckers. My only advise is to get the burgundy color if you can because as much as I love black the burgundy is beautiful and not too girlie for the guys either.

274/200/150

Groktimus Primal's - 4 Hour Chef

Groktimus Primal's - 4 Hour Chef

Some Primal folks may want to check out Tim Ferris's 4 Hour Chef book. In it he details his hunting experiment among other things. He's a lot like Robb Wolf in that he's a smart guy just with a broader ever changing focus.

274/198/150

Groktimus Primal's - A disgusting holiday season

Groktimus Primal's - A disgusting holiday season

Not to be a downer but I have a feeling we are going to see a truly disgusting holiday season this year. The economy is bad and Christmas is coming. Pretty much all the companies have given up any pretense of caring about their workers. They open at ridiculous times and show no concern that their workers enjoy time with their families. It's clearly all about turning a buck and they take no shame in it. Talk about lost meaning. Meanwhile all the poor underpaid or unemployed slobs will be lining up for the few real deals like cattle on their way to slaughter. I expect to see more trampling deaths and rude behavior than ever before. That's Christmas spirit for you! Does anyone have the brains or self awareness to realize when you flip someone off and steal their parking spot that you might as well just go home and beat your family because you have lost yourself.

274/197/150

Groktimus Primal's - Thankful versus screw off and die

Groktimus Primal's - Thankful versus screw off and die

Here's the plan... I am finding life really depressing as my health could be better and my job is totally dead-end. I do have wonderful people in my life and a decent support structure. I know plenty of people worse off but still I can't help feeling I should have done better like some of my friends. It's worse when you know it's your own fault more so than even the economy. So many of my family have passed away that some days I just feel like I'm trying to spit shine a turd of a life. At least I have steady employment (for now) and I'm not on the dole.

So, I think it is time I seriously lose some more weight and make a real attempt at being as healthy as my body will let me. I might as well take all this negative energy and focus it into the one thing I want the most which is a lean health body/mind. Who knows what could happen. I do feel more motivated when I'm physically at my best but I have only spent a small fraction of my life in decent shape. Maybe it's the Charlie Brown holiday blues but I tend to like the holidays (at least on the surface).

274/200/150

Groktimus Primal's - Barefoot Shoes

Groktimus Primal's - Barefoot Shoes

I finally broke down and bought a pair of Merrel mocs with Vibram soles for that barefoot experience. I have used similar models (non-barefoot type) for years with Walk-Fit arch supports. I've spent most of my life heavy and semi-flat footed and they seemed to help. I think they might even have decreased my back pain. I think as weather permits I will experiment wearing them as weekend shoes and see what happens over time. I know when I studied Tae Kwon Do there did seem to be a certain strengthening of the foot and a natural rooted to the ground type of feeling. I am eager to see whether years of listening to conventional foot wisdom was wrong too. I just love the price gouging of the barefoot shoes while they are riding high in demand. They make a "nothing" shoe and charge you more for it!

274/198/150

Groktimus Primal's - Obese Mannequins

Groktimus Primal's - Obese Mannequins

This is too funny. Someone has created obese mannequins and some folks are offended. Perhaps those that are offended should redirect that energy to making the mannequins a moot point?

Fat Mannequin Stirs Reddit Debate About Obesity, Overweight Consumers and Marketing - ABC News

274/195/150

Groktimus Primal's - Multi-Topics

Groktimus Primal's - Multi-Topics

Scientists have unlocked more of the genetic code of wheat. Now the genetic modifications can come even faster thus creating more abominations. I suppose it might be nice to feed the hungry (even if it's shit food) for a little longer while we're on our highway to hell.

What do you know? They have found resistant bacteria and hormones in pork. Garbage in / garbage out of course.

I hit a new low of 80 LBS lost and it's frightening to think how much a good/bad scale reading effects my mood for the day. They say it's unhealthy to fixate like that but if it's not one of the most important things I know I will not succeed as that is my nature.

274/196/150

Groktimus Primal's - Tis the Season

Groktimus Primal's - Tis the Season

To fall off the wagon that is. It's great and also kind of sad but I've gotten to the point that I don't even view falling off the wagon as an option. Habit and determination have become self fulfilling reality. It's been so long I can't remember the last time I had any measurable sugar.

274/196/150

Groktimus Primal's- New mental illness

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Groktimus Primal's- New mental illness

The DSM (psych manual) will now contain binge eating disorder as a real disorder. Perhaps this will lead to it being taken more seriously and new studies and (heaven forbid) insurance coverage? You can all relax though because sex addiction isn't "real" yet!

274/197/150

Page 31 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast