Page 30 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 30

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - The potato dilemma

Primal Fuel
    Groktimus Primal's - The potato dilemma

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Although people do vary in their tolerances 80% of the value of eating primal comes from it's generally low carb intake. I can't believe people are discussing potatoes as a health food. The only safe starch is used on dress shirts before ironing. I really don't give a crap about the Kitavan's or any other isolated semi-exception to the rules. I see and live it everyday. I would go so far as to say the only thing bad about paleo in general is the way some people use it as an excuse to continue their carbo loading ways. Science is important but the only way to cut through conflicting data for most people is to observe the current reality around them.

Sure a good night's sleep is hard to beat. Walking around barefoot sounds kind of cool. Go ahead and switch to Tom's of Maine deodorant but if you want to see and feel real substantial results then cut the hell out of the carbs even if means sacrificing some of the grass fed meat for plain old hamburger.

274/198/150

Groktimus Primal's - Dumb Dee Dumb Bells

Groktimus Primal's - Dumb Dee Dumb Bells

Well I broke down and ordered a set of adjustable dumbbells from Amazon. They were a good deal but adjustable dumbbells are always pricey. I'm never going to be a bodybuilder but I do need to step things up a little. My only concern is the feedback from other folks on Amazon. They love the dumbbells but many people only received one and had to ship it back and have Amazon re-ship them two. I really don't want to be mailing around weights. I actually called them and asked them to put a note on the order to ensure they sent a pair as is clearly stated in the description and picture. A small kettlebell, some rubber bands, a grip strengthener, a mat and shoes are my only other "equipment". Wish me luck, both with the order and with my ability to consistently use them.

274/198/150

Groktimus Primal's - Primal T-Shirts

Groktimus Primal's - Primal T-Shirts

Paleolithicdiet.com is selling some primal t-shirts right now for a limited time. He is marketing them as the first primal t-shirts that don't suck. I would pretty much agree with his assessment.

Limited Edition Paleo Tees

274/198/150

Groktimus Primal's - Too fat for death row

Groktimus Primal's - Too fat for death row

This really takes the cake. A lawyer is claiming that his client on death row should not be given a lethal injection because it is too difficult to find a vein and give him enough juice!

Medical expert says Post?s obesity will prevent lethal injection - morningjournal.com

274/198/150

Groktimus Primal's - Fat Fighting Pepsi?

Groktimus Primal's - Fat Fighting Pepsi?

In Japan Pepsi has released a version of Pepsi containing the fiber dextrinan which they claim will help block fat absorption. It doesn't even say if the drink contains sugar or calories. How freaking absurd!

Pepsi launches FAT-BLOCKING soft drink | Mail Online

274/200/150

Groktimus Primal's - Denmark drops fat tax

Groktimus Primal's - Denmark drops fat tax

I saw a news article that said Denmark dropped it's "fat tax" which raised the cost of foods such as butter. I thought to myself, wow an entire government is smartening up and realizing that natural fat is more savior than saboteur. After reading the rest of the article I was a little disappointed because the only motivation they listed was that the tax was hurting companies and the economy. That is certainly a good reason too and I don't believe in taxing people only educating them (with the actual truth) and letting them make their own choices as adults in a free society should. It sure would have been nice if they openly vindicated fat though.

274/202/150

Groktimus Primal's - Hostess Strike

Groktimus Primal's - Hostess Strike

I never thought I'd see the day that Hostess bakery workers went on strike and the company is in danger of bankruptcy. Unfortunately I believe it has more to do with the bad economy than it does with consumers becoming too savvy to buy that shit. No matter what the reason it's too bad folks will either lose their jobs or be reduced to third world pay like most of us already are.

274/201/150

Groktimus Primal's - New Fitbit Ones

Groktimus Primal's - New Fitbit Ones

For those of you who have been waiting, the new Fitbit Ones are no longer a pre-order. They show in stock although I believe they are struggling to get caught up so they might not ship as quickly as you would like.

274/198/150

Groktimus Primal's - Caffeinated Cracker Jacks

Groktimus Primal's - Caffeinated Cracker Jacks

Here's a good one. They are coming out with caffeinated cracker jacks! Why? Do we need to have caffeine in everything just to have a pulse? This is ridiculous.

Caffeinated Cracker Jacks concerns consumer group - CBS News

274/198/150

Groktimus Primal's - The Vegetarian Myth

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Groktimus Primal's - The Vegetarian Myth

I'm working my way through the Vegetarian Myth and it is brilliant. Each possible argument is solidly taken apart with logic with the basic respect for the carbon cycle we should have all been taught early in life. The only sad thing is that we are totally screwed. To put it simply there are far too many of us on the planet and far too much land damaged to return to the old methods of farming and grazing and still feed ourselves. Unfortunately the vegetarian method destroys huge tracks of land and requires fossil fuel input to maintain the carbon cycle and of course even if you enjoy eating grain (or anything at all) this can't continue indefinitely either. Thus we have come too far down a dead end alley that we should never have taken. People aren't smart enough to see this and even try to curtail their reproducing. So the vegetarians are wrong but we can not exactly take pleasure in that fact because intelligent people can see the end of mankind on the horizon.

The book does leave me wondering how people can be so whiny and worry about stepping on an ant though!

274/201/150

Page 30 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast