Page 29 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 29

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Freedom isn't free

Primal Fuel
    Groktimus Primal's - Freedom isn't free

Take a look at John Stossel's take on the Steve Cooksey versus North Caroline case. It's positively brilliant. I am now a fan of John's. I think if even our colleges stop recognizing that speech without controversy is non-productive conformist speak we are in real trouble. When people are afraid to oppose ideas or fight against authoritarian wrongs the end is nigh!

Freedom of Speech Is Never Safe - Reason.com

Also I got a kick out of two new World Health Organization terms I heard recently, "Globesity" and "Obesigenic"!

274/198/150

Groktimus Primal's - Sparkpeople & Fitbit / Aria Scale

Groktimus Primal's - Sparkpeople & Fitbit / Aria Scale

I recently discovered that the Sparkpeople's website now supports data sharing with Fitbit and more impressively with the Aria Scale which for some reason hardly any websites support. It's not the greatest support as it seems to require a manual click everyday to pull the data and the graph is mediocre at best but it's a promising start.

274/199/150

Groktimus Primal's - Weight is the sign

Groktimus Primal's - Weight is the sign

I've often wished I were naturally thin (and I still do) but it occurs to me that virtually no one would change their dangerous eating habits just in an effort to be healthy if they did not want to lose weight so desperately. Weight seems to be a symptom that is the impetus for change because it's hard to ignore and even if you do it's visible to the rest of the world who will not ignore it. Also as one's health slides downhill and the weight increases it becomes much harder still to ignore it and if you do then you will be on the wrong side of the grass and you really won't have to worry about it.

As the comedian said... "Here's your sign!"

274/196/150

Groktimus Primal's - Maine

Groktimus Primal's - Maine

The time has come for another pilgrimage to Mark's former home which is the state of Maine. I take a couple of long weekends there a year and call them mini-vacations. I really love the state. It's pretty relaxing and I like cooler temperatures. The only real drawback is the lack of economic opportunities that would make living there a bit more challenging than many other locations but I guess that is part of the reason it has vacation appeal. Off season Maine is a sociopath's dream! It's quaint to live in a world that still shuts down at 5PM.

274/198/150

Groktimus Primal's - Balls or Brains?

Groktimus Primal's - Balls or Brains?

I came back from Maine into the arms of hurricane Sandy. So far it's been very tame in my area of Massachusetts but yet schools and events were all cancelled before the wind was strong enough to extinguish a candle. When I was a child they thought about cancelling school AFTER approximately 8 feet of snow had already fallen. So I ask you, is it a lack of balls or did we finally grow a brain and just figure out another day in the life is not worth the increased risk? Here is the rub... If we did become smarter about safety then why is work NEVER cancelled? Perhaps because money is still more important than safety to our petty existence?

274/201/150

Groktimus Primal's - Worrier King

Groktimus Primal's - Worrier King

I've just discovered another simple revelation about life and it's taken a long time but I'm going to try to take it to heart before it's too late. I'm really going to try to de-stress. For example...

1. I live a clean life so I'm going to stop worrying about my health as there is really not much more I can do to improve it any further.

2. I'm going to stop worrying about my job. I know I do the best job possible but others who are between a rock and hard place try to rub their stress off on me sometimes and I'm not going to let it hurt my health. I would climb the management chain if I wanted that. I need a job but even in this economy I would find something that would let me scrape by if need be.

274/201/150

Groktimus Primal's - Being all you can be

Groktimus Primal's - Being all you can be

No I'm not talking about the army. I recently read in Arnold Schwarzenegger's autobiography Total Recall that he met the pope and was very impressed with the pope's discipline, fitness and work out routine. He told Arnold he believed in building the body, mind and spirit.

I think this would suit a lot of people very well. If you're not religious simply insert philosophy instead of spirit.

274/199/150

Groktimus Primal's - 2 Years and Counting

Groktimus Primal's - 2 Years and Counting

As of today (11/01/12) I have been dieting for exactly 2 years. It started out as low carb and then became low carb Primal as I learned. I'm down 77 LBS with about 50 more to go. I recognize that I have done well but I am still a bit disappointed that the weight loss has really slowed down. The last diet worked much faster but it involved low carb and a lot of starvation. I did maintain it for years but father time slowly persuaded me to slip up and I eventually put half of it back on. It's a lifestyle they say so I'll just keep on plugging along and adjusting.

274/198/150

Groktimus Primal's - GMO

Groktimus Primal's - GMO

They are presently trying to get a bill passed in California that would require labeling of Genetically Modified Organisms. I believe it is clearly the right thing to do with very little down side but the laundry list of greedy companies pouring millions of dollars into a campaign to fight it is just unbelievable. They are damn near all as bad as Monsanto and I believe Monsanto would torture you to death for a dollar or perhaps just for fun. Of course they would lobby to make that "legal" first.

274/198/150

Groktimus Primal's - Big Sugar's Sweet Little Lies

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Groktimus Primal's - Big Sugar's Sweet Little Lies

Gary Taubes and the folks working with him have uncovered internal documents showing that the sugar industry is no better than the tobacco industry. A couple of the industries VIPs actually won a "Silver Anvil" award for putting a positive PR spin on a deadly substance not fit for human consumption.

Big Sugar's Sweet Little Lies | Mother Jones

274/198/150

Page 29 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast