Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 24

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Meet George Jetson

Shop Now
    Groktimus Primal's - Meet George Jetson

Mark's latest posts about taking it slow got me thinking. I sort of go through life like George Jetson. I have long considered the day to day repetitive tasks that we all must do such as dressing, brushing, shaving, eating and exercising as annoyances to get through with satisfactorily as quickly and painlessly as possible. It's lazy but it's also an efficient attitude to get one through the day. As far as I'm concerned if one can even get on a bathroom schedule to do #2 as soon as one gets up so much the better.

When you live like that (although it has it's advantages) life becomes more stressful and you find that any time you save is usually not used for anything overly fun or constructive. Also if you need to save time to that degree something bigger is wrong with your life.You also start to forget things like spending quality time with loved ones while you have the chance.

I've come to the conclusion that in the long run life's "little things" are much more important than whatever it is you currently feel is important. Breaking the cycle and living in the moment is tough to relearn after years of living by the clock.

274/201/150

Groktimus Primal's - GM-nO

Groktimus Primal's - GM-nO

I recently discovered something very useful. PLU codes that start with a "9" mean the product is organic. That is all well and good but when a product is organic it is generally pretty easy to tell because the seller boasts about it and then charges an arm and a leg.

Here is the really good part... PLUs that start with an "8" mean it's genetically modified. Since that is something they don't have to tell us and like to hide we will have to know these tricks of the trade until legislation catches up with their crooked ways.

274/200/150

Groktimus Primal's - Nose Dive

Groktimus Primal's - Nose Dive

What can we expect from a society without hope? I know I'm tired of living in it but being the type of person who can't delude myself I don't see a way out. If you look at the health of the planet, the population, the food supply, healthcare, war or the economy/politics it really all appears to be a highway to hell. I guess not being immortal is some sort of a plus. It's sad that death is the only escape hatch.

The modern generation is usually not able to buy into religion to artificially paint on a smiley face so what is one to do? Even the Presidential election is meaningless. We have two proven losers in my opinion. Obama blew his shot and I live in Massachusetts and I can tell you Romney is a jack-ass and needs more than a little humble pie shoved down his throat. They may be winners in personal gain but not for the rest of us.

The only good news today is it's Friday and if you are still lucky enough to have a job you may get a break!

274/202/150

Groktimus Primal's - It must be working

Groktimus Primal's - It must be working

I have noticed that the Paleo diet has been under heavier than usual fire these days. I can only surmise that much like that Atkin's diet it is a sure sign it's working for a lot of people (including myself).

I hear them say we don't know what paleo people ate or that almost all the food is different now and to a degree that's true but it's the typical black and white thinking that makes them miss the boat just like when the media implied that the only thing you ever ate on the Atkin's diet was bucketfuls of bacon but never a leaf of spinach.

The paleo diet is a framework that when used intelligently gives you a good idea of what the best foods should be and what foods are suspect. That is called learning from the past and it's hard to argue against unless you have an agenda. Next we use personal experience. Try it and see how you look, feel and perform and make your own judgement. After all, we are all somewhat different. That is learning from the present. Lastly we have science and there is plenty of evidence that grains are not good for a lot (if not all) people. This is learning from the future.

Of course for those who don't want to know the mainstream people (driven by money) will continue to send the conventional wisdom messages such as eat damn near a dozen servings a day of grain (as one example). I would say look around and see if you think society has been headed in the right direction. The LOL People of Walmart Site exists for a reason folks.

274/199/150

Groktimus Primal's - Now they're screwing up chocolate!

Groktimus Primal's - Now they're screwing up chocolate!

The food industry has found a way replace the fat in chocolate with fruit juice. Naturally they think shoving more fructose down our throats is a good thing. Damn people are stupid sometimes.

Fruit juice can replace fat content in chocolate - The Times of India

274/199/150

Groktimus Primal's - Ancestral Health Symposium

Groktimus Primal's - Ancestral Health Symposium

I have been reading and listening to reviews of the AHS by attendees and I have noted a disturbing trend. Many seem to be backing away from the low carb stance many of the paleo pioneers had previously taken. Now I will admit that it is just possible that low carb may not be right for everyone but all paleo diets have to be considered at least relatively low carb considering how SAD the SAD diet truly is!

Perhaps it really only helps people like me who are clearly metabolically deranged but I've got news for you. There are many more people who are metabolically deranged than folks realize and the people with the deepest need are the deranged! I know it has a lot naysayers but until we can walk through Walmart and see people vaguely resembling human beings we should keep pushing it. I can tell you 80% of my paleo diet benefit comes directly from my low carb approach rather than paleo magic. Paleo magic is a lot like mom telling you to eat your veggies.

274/203/150

Groktimus Primal's - Check this out

Groktimus Primal's - Check this out

How is this for awesome?

Cinnabon Unveils The Pizzabon! | FitPerez.com

274/200/150

Groktimus Primal's - Obisity and Organ Donation

Groktimus Primal's - Obesity and Organ Donation

Can obesity become any more of a hated stepchild? Now they are blaming the obese for lack of organ donation. Many doctors won't remove a kidney from an obese person to transplant it into someone else for fear that the obese person will need it later in life when their health inevitably fails.

I'm not calling it discrimination because I think it makes sense but one thing is certain and that is very few fat people want to be fat (let alone unhealthy). How high does the cost of obesity have to be in lives, quality of lives and medical costs before dispensing proper dietary advice and subsidizing the right foods (if any are even a good idea to subsidize)?

Let's all sit back and stick our heads in the sand for another 30+ years of low fat, grain fed bullshit and see what happens!

274/199/150

Groktimus Primal's - Safe Starch My Ass

Groktimus Primal's - Safe Starch My Ass

And I have a bridge to sell you too! It's just gone too far now. I hate to be closed minded but at some point I am just going to have to shut these people out of my mind because it is so counter productive and maddening. We would all love to eat starch. It's good comfort food it's cheap, easy and way to readily available but...

People love to argue. Some say we are adapted to carbs and others say we're not and as far a mother nature is concerned it makes no difference as long as we survive to breeding age. Others say there is no epidemiological data to support carbs shortening lifespan.

I think we are bred for both breeding and longevity with a bias toward the breeding. As with all things it is not completely black and white. Yes we can eat starch but is it ideal? No way! Just like the dessert mouse I read about that essentially lives on a toxic food. It eats a little at a time and it's system manages to deal with the poison well enough that it survives and does not starve. Do you think that mouse likes to eat poison? It doesn't care because it has a tiny brain and no choice. We usually do. Starch is starvation food and eating it is only slightly better than starving to death. Some people can certainly tolerate more than others but no one needs or benefits from it unless they are simply down to basic survival mode.

How do I know this? I am not side tracked by science with too many angles to have meaning. I know exactly what works for me and I have seen it work for many others. It seems to work for anyone who gives it a real chance. Skinny people will always say it's OK to eat starch because they don't wear the "damage" visibly like the rest of us. I love science and I try to live by it but when it contradicts my own eyes I ignore it especially when half contradicts my position and half supports my position.

When science contradicts visible reality then you know there is a hole in it even if you are not smart enough to find it!

274/201/150

Groktimus Primal's - No joy in soy

Groktimus Primal's - No joy in soy

It's no surprise to the Primal world that soy is just another unhealthy cheap filler added to our foods under the disguise of a health food. I was listening to Jimmy Moore's latest podcast and it's pretty incredible. Even Bumble Bee tuna contains soy. In fact it was stated that about 60% of all packaged foods contains soy.

Here is more interesting info... The USDA has done research to see just how much soy one can feed a cow before it gets too sick to be practical! Soy was used in Asia to keeps monks celibate and wives fed it to their cheating husbands as punishment. The biggest problems seem to do with thyroid down regulation and allergies. I'm sure it's one of those gut permeating bastard foods too. I think it's safe to say that any huge GMO mono-crop is not edible in any real good way.

Now farmers have taken to feeding cows old chocolate (I'm not kidding) to fatten them up because corn prices are too high. Man I hope feces doesn't become too cheap or we'll be eating that too!

274/201/150

Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast