Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 22

jfrendek is online now Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - The Real Food Summit

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Groktimus Primal's - The Real Food Summit

Sean Cruxton is at it again. He is selling the Real Food Summit presentations with tons of extras for $67 dollar. I can tell you that this is a steal. Although I do enjoy hearing Joel Salatin I don't intend to buy it this time mainly because the podcasts I listen to eat up all my time. I did buy the Paleo Summit last time and although it took me a long time to go through it I enjoyed it and it was very worthwhile.

What I really wanted was PaleoFx but they wanted an arm and a leg for that and my money is better spent elsewhere. I would think if the Ancestral Health Symposium was made available for decent price they would have many takers too.

I understand people need to earn a living and be compensated. I just hope Paleo does not turn into another cheap money making scheme for many. Perhaps we should all continue working full time jobs and do this on the side. Once something is not done out of love it deteriorates.

realfoodsummit.com

274/201/150

Groktimus Primal's - Super Turtle

Groktimus Primal's - Super Turtle

Paleontologists have discovered a new type of fossil turtle that was about 5 feet across and nearly round...

Huge turtle was round like a truck tire | TG Daily

Now how awesome is that? Too bad George the turtle died recently before he could learn of his heritage!

274/201/150

Groktimus Primal's - Toe Obesity!

Groktimus Primal's - Toe Obesity!

As bad as it often is you have to love the news. Some shit is just too unbelievable. Like they say, "you can't make this stuff up". People are having toe obesity surgery. If I ever get that vain no matter what I look like please feel free to shoot me. It will definitely mean I've outlived any usefulness

Cosmetic Toe Surgery on the Rise - ABC News

274/200/150

Groktimus Primal's - Safety Net

Groktimus Primal's - Safety Net

It occurs to me that one generally lives directly opposed to one's safety net. If you're in debt or even working for a living you are tied to a social system that forces you into a miserable slavery. Now we have to have money to buy what we need because most of us are no longer capable of self sufficiency. This makes us rely on other people and keeps us paying taxes. We have no prayer of medical care without insurance either. Sure if we get extremely sick we may qualify for disability or some social program that will keep us off the street potentially but much like any insurance scheme most of us don't get out what we put in. The system makes the money and the a precious few who qualify reap the benefits.

I'm not sure we need to go back to tribal living but we do need small government, a mathematically balanced budget and a large dose of personal accountability. By the time we're all done paying for these safety nets we'll have nothing for the nets to protect!

274/200/150

Groktimus Primal's - Monsanto Petition

Groktimus Primal's - Monsanto Petition

Here is something that may be worth signing. Monsanto is apparently trying to set themselves about the law once again. As if the FDA was not toothless enough with big business they are trying pass a rider that would let them essentially ignore the FDA in the unlikely event they grow some balls.

SignOn.org - Stop the Monsanto Rider

274/200/150

Groktimus Primal's - Taco Hell

Groktimus Primal's - Taco Hell

I saw a commercial from Taco Bell boasting that they were setting up shop in Alaska. They said they didn't want to disappoint the people who they implied were largely in favor of it. It may very well be true because to someone who is not aware of the importance of food choices it sounds great and certainly looks like civilized progress. I image that many budgets are strained trying to make ends meet in Alaska and Taco Bell also sells some of the cheapest fast food on the market.

Once people are in the middle of the health crisis and surrounded by the ugly urban blight it will be too late. The golden arches will be planted like a flag on the moon. Welcome to the final frontier. People may find they even have less choice of good food alternatives as the junk takes hold. Except in the case of lucrative job offers I thought most people moved up there to get away from that shit.

Maybe in place of the Iditarod they can just see how quickly they can dogsled a morbidly obese patient to the hospital!

274/200/150

Groktimus Primal's - Calorie BS

Groktimus Primal's - Calorie BS

Luckily most of us don't have to count calories as long as we make the proper food choices and implement a little common sense. A lot of folks in the low carb world seem to consider calories irrelevant but I think we all know deep down the truth is a little more complicated. I find low carb dieting gives one a lot of leeway but it does not give one cart blanch to be a pig unless your genetics allow for that anyway and even then it will likely catch up with you later in life.

Here's the thing I just read that is not surprising but is quite disturbing... The FDA (assuming they even bother to check) allows food producers a plus or minus 20% accuracy allowance on their calorie listings. We know the food industry is clever enough to do everything they can (other than sell us healthy food) to make themselves look good. I'm willing to bet in this day and age they could calculate (and have) calorie content to within 5 or 10 percent. They probably use the slack to intentional put the lowest legal calorie ratings on every product. After all everything is rounded down but the price more or less. Many products contain calories and/or carbs but are listed as zero because they are allowed a certain amount of leeway and consider a serving size a miniscule portion that no one would ever consume just look good to those (read most people) who are not paying attention.

When your only intent is to profit, deception becomes just another tool. The odd thing is the way we have all become desensitized to unethical behavior. Since pretty much everyone is doing it, it is somehow OK. After all who gonna call?

274/201/150

Groktimus Primal's - How's your gait?

Groktimus Primal's - How's your gait?

My job in security often has me monitoring people and after a while without realizing it you discover you know who some people are without really seeing much detail. It turns out that a few people out of a hundred seem to have a distinctive walk or gait.

Occasionally you hear about a person's gait being a tell tale indicator of a potential disease in the news but it never seems to get much attention. I guess it's a bit boring and doesn't necessarily indicate a problem as an isolated symptom. I suppose no one wants to hear... "You walk like your diapers full you're going to lose your mind someday". After observing enough people (and the elderly) I've really come to wonder if gait could be a powerful indicator of current or future brain disease (assuming there is no mechanical disability of course). I know when I am not feeling well I tend to shuffle slowly along but the thing that I really find disturbing that sets off my "Spidey Sense" is when otherwise seemingly healthy, fairly young people have that somewhat lumbering "Charlie Chaplin" side-to-side kind of walk for no apparent reason. I would be interested to see if a higher than normal percentage of those folks get Alzheimer's or something more frequently.

When I was 400 LBS I lumbered too but that pretty much went away when my girth stopped crushing the planet. I imagine it's an even worse sign if it develops suddenly. I think that's enough morbid thinking for the day!

274/202/150
    Last edited by jfrendek; 07-20-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Groktimus Primal's - 1 in 13

Groktimus Primal's - 1 in 13

The news is now running a story stating that 1 in 13 woman admit to drinking booze while pregnant. Is that really a bad thing? After all the little bastard needs to come out shit faced and brain damaged if he's going to have to deal with the world we have created for him!

All extremely bad humor aside of course it's undesirable but is anyone surprised? I bet the the whole smoking, drinking and drug thing extends to close to 50% of the pregnant. Most of whom are at least too smart to admit it. This brings to light the most basic question which is... Is this couple (assuming the male is anywhere to be found) ready to have children? Of course not, but there is no owner's manual or law regarding who can have kids and how to raise them. I firmly believe if one had to take an I.Q. test (and score highly) before they became fertile we would have like 2 kids in whole world.

The bottom line is mother nature will succeed no matter how much stupidity she has to overcome (sometimes more so). Rest assured the stupidity is never going away until extinction occurs.

274/202/150

Groktimus Primal's - Colloidal Silver

Groktimus Primal's - Colloidal Silver

I just began experimenting with colloidal silver. As long as I can remember I've had headaches which seem be at least in part due to some sort of chronic sinus infection. I also have varied and intermittent skin problems. I've known about colloidal silver for a long time and I know silver kills just about any bug on contact and I've certainly given Doctor's their chance to be useful over the years to no effect. My brother has had some success with it and recommended it so I figured what the hell? Give it a shot despite that fact that some people think it's toxic (like everything else) though it appears to be non-toxic and only having the side effect of turning one into a sort of bluish Smurf like creature. Even then it doesn't seem to be toxic and one has to ingest insane quantities for and extended period of time which is something I have no intention of doing.

The novel thing is I am adding a little to a sinus vaporizer while taking a small amount internally. I also have some soap and a gel that I am washing/shampooing with. If I get any relief it will be the best $60 I've spent in a long time and far cheaper and more effective than setting foot in a Doctor's office and I have insurance (if you want to call that expensive, piece of shit plan insurance).

I will certainly follow up if the experiment is at all successful or if it seems to cause harm. Unfortunately life has me expecting disappointment in all medicinal endeavors. Low carb Paleo is like silly putty, you get what you expect and it never lets you down. If only a few other things were like that.

People sometimes say life is what you make it but I guess I am just a bad life-smith!

274/202/150

Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast