Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 21

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Diet Study

Shop Now
    Groktimus Primal's - Diet Study

Low Carb dieting has received further vindication. They are to some degree admitting that it burns more calories but most of the articles are still trying to water it down to a Mediterranean Diet or throw in some sort of a jab about it increasing inflammation markers. I'm sure most of society will do what it always has done which is throw away the facts and apply their own bias and stigma. It was also a "small study" which is a nice way of saying they did not get the results they wanted so lets just throw this data under the bus because it's "inconvenient". I suppose that is better than outright falsification of data which I fully expect some of the less reputable folks do (like drug companies).

Low-carb diet burns the most calories in small study | wbir.com

274/202/150

Groktimus Primal's - Wheat Belly

Groktimus Primal's - Wheat Belly

I was listening to Dr. William Davis and Abel James's Podcast today and Dr. Davis stated that the main wheat we use today was not technically genetically modified. They actually used scarier techniques such as bombarding the genes with chemicals and radiation to see what "useful" abominations they could create. So it was not the hand of God or even the hand of man that we are eating from untested. It's a random mutant strain of wheat. He said that would be like allowing the drug companies to create whatever pill they wanted and sell it to us without testing it yet the food industry has done it for decades!

274/202/150

Groktimus Primal's - Children of the GMO Corn

Groktimus Primal's - Children of the GMO Corn

I read an article that said 30 babies were born that contained the genetic information from three "parents". Perhaps I should have read more closely to see if there was anything even resembling a good reason for making that happen. Critics and people with commonsense naturally know that is a major step down the Frankenstein path. Cloning and trying to create supermen can't be too far behind.

I suppose it's appropriate because these Franken kids will be growing up on even more Franken foods!

Just because we can doesn't mean we should.

274/202/150

Groktimus Primal's - Flavorless Tomatoes

Groktimus Primal's - Flavorless Tomatoes

Science claims to have discovered why fresh tomatoes turn flavorless so quickly (especially when chilled). Apparently tomatoes were breed for the deep red color they have today. Not necessarily genetically modified but just the general selective breeding to make them attractive had a the side effect of also making them less palatable. It strikes me as a bit of a lesson that even the somewhat harmless cross breeding can have unforeseen consequences. Just image what a good bit of outright genetic tinkering could do!

274/202/150

Groktimus Primal's - Needs More Study

Groktimus Primal's - Needs More Study

It doesn't surprise me anymore but it's so sad that whenever anyone puts a truly low carb diet to the test and gets the typical positive results they always find some nuance to use to bash it but I think my favorite line is "it needs more study" (which we have no plans on doing).

I'm sure more study would be great but what is the world suppose to do? Sit around getting fat and sick on our corn/wheat/soy products and continue to become obese and die on the Standard American Diet while someone pretends to study it? I think the SAD diet is a proven failure so then anything that shows positive signs should be adopted over it and one can argue 20 years from now whether or not its "proven".

In this case waiting for science means waiting for a time when the industrial food corporations decide health is more important than profits and I for one am not holding my breath!

I have no problem with wheat when it's used where it is appropriate which is in situations where starvation would otherwise ensue. Oh, I forgot, feeding poor people isn't profitable! I guess that's not worth doing.

274/203/150

Groktimus Primal's - Primal Day

Groktimus Primal's - Primal Day

I occurs to me that the 4th of July should be called Primal Day. What is more Primal than firing up the grill and partying with the tribe? We are also the independent the type and love to celebrate our freedom from food tyranny! Maybe we could roast a vegan so they won't go to misguided waste?

274/203/150

Groktimus Primal's - Ring Ninja

Groktimus Primal's - Ring Ninja

Mark's blue bands are cute but I found something way better. I discovered ring-ninja.com. I ordered myself my very own Grok On tungsten carbide ring. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but over all tungsten is probably the best value in jewelery. It's pretty cheap, beautiful and almost indestructible. The rings are now almost fully customizable and won't even scratch unless you are quite abusive. Tungsten carbide can be shattered but if you manage to do that by accident then I feel sorry for what has no doubt happened to your body. They do not sell a "Grok On" ring but you can have any text you choose. Many people go the religious route but the Primal (and low carb) lifestyle is the closest thing I have to a religion. I also don't like to wear anything bright or tacky and this will be nicely understated. The only real drawback is you can not re-size these rings so you must be at close to the same size you intend to live at. They are not so cheap (when personalized) as to be practical to order multiple copies in different sizes.

274/201/150

Groktimus Primal's - Extreme Foolishness

Groktimus Primal's - Extreme Foolishness

Maybe it should be a sport in the X Games. People sure seem to be practicing it a lot. I can only imagine that it is produced as drivel for a quick payday and to fill page space in newspapers that have not been worth paying for since the internet grew up. Check this out...

Diabetics warned over fast food | World First Travel Insurance

Did you know people who eat a lot of fast food get fat and sick? I must be real sucker because I would have told someone that for free with zero additional research and people would still have ignored it! I would have been just as right as the pros who apparently need to spend time and money on the most definitely known crap out there. If you someone wants to do meaningful research how about some long term low carb paleo ward studies? Oh no, that would actually cost real money and time and the CW folks would never accept the inevitable positive results!

We could even take input for the veggie happy folks to help minimize all the faults they would find in the study after it had shown that their way of life is designed more to survive than to thrive.

274/201/150

Groktimus Primal's - Ring Ninja Review

Groktimus Primal's - Ring Ninja Review

I recently posted that I purchased a Tungsten Carbide ring from Ring-Ninja.com. It has "Grok On" surrounded by 2 yin yang symbols on the outside and my name inscribed on the inside. This was all custom done per my choice. Ring Ninja does not sell a "Grok On" ring. You decide what you would like. You can have pretty much anything you want. I'm sure there is length limit and some special characters may be unavailable. I know some engravers won't do profanity (not like I would want that anyway). I ordered it last Wednesday and it arrived in the mail that Saturday. It is beautiful and exactly what I ordered/wanted and the speed of service (especially for custom work) was unbelievable. The price was also quite reasonable for such a spectacular product! I give them 5 stars and recommend them highly. Surely many people would love a bullet proof custom ring. There are even many fonts to choose from.

The only thing that could be better would be having a "Grok" image instead of the yin yang's but that would be highly specialized and probably a copyright violation but perhaps Mark should look into it. Nothing says solidarity like tungsten carbide! For a Godless heathen like myself the primal lifestyle is the closest thing to a God I can believe in.

274/201/150

Groktimus Primal's - New Robb Wolf Podcast

PrimalCon New York
    Groktimus Primal's - New Robb Wolf Podcast

For those of you who don't yet know. Robb Wolf and David Duley have a new podcast called The Controversial Truth. I have listened to the first episode and it is pretty damn intelligent. I hate politics but Robb is right when he said it was pretty much impossible to continue talking about food and health without exposing the politics behind our current sorry "SAD" state. As with everything in life one thing leads to another and nothing is a simple as it appears (or we would like it to be). The big picture is always no fun and the "cures" are usually painful. Once you get into a mess it becomes 10 time harder to get out of it than it would have been if the mess were avoided. Life is hell for a person like me who does not like "gray area". If we are to set things right I believe the collateral damage will hurt intensely but I guess that's what happens when you rob Peter to pay Paul for years on end!

Podcast | I Can Fix America

274/201/150

Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast