jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Robb's new baby

Primal Fuel
    Groktimus Primal's - Robb's new baby

Is she a member of a pack or a tribe?

There goes the neighborhood!

Welcome:Zoe Candace Wolf!

274/205/150
    Last edited by jfrendek; 05-04-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Groktimus Primal's - Fitbit Ultra

Groktimus Primal's - Fitbit Ultra

I just upgraded to the Fitbit Ultra. The original Ftibit was great and the new one's are even better. They now have an altimeter so they can log doing stairs. It even has a left handed mode which was very thoughtful. Between that and the scale it's cohesive fitness nirvana.

274/205/150

Groktimus Primal's - Wellspring AKA Sierra Academy

Groktimus Primal's - Wellspring AKA Sierra Academy

I was watching an obesity piece on the Health & Discovery channel the other day. They sent these morbidly obese teenagers off to Sierra Academy which claimed to be the only High School/obesity boot camp in the United States. They have since changed their name to Wellspring. I wonder if the name change had anything to do with bad press. It was paramount to child abuse in my humble opinion. They put these highly metabolically deranged kids on a very low fat diet (10 or 12 grams) and an enormously high carb diet when you look at the ratios. At least the carbs were not from processed sources but it was so obvious to me that they would never be able to stick to that diet because in the end hunger always wins when you do not consume enough fat and protein to keep your appetite under control not to mention the carbs will actually make them hungry and they will never really be in fat burning mode unless they are semi starving. They all got their hopes up listening to the "experts" who took their parents money and their own dreams.

274/204/150

Groktimus Primal's - Dino Farts & Gluten Pizza

Groktimus Primal's - Dino Farts & Gluten Pizza

The silliness in today's news once again speaks for it's self. Some scientists are saying that the warming of the ice age had something to do with dinosaur farts. Much like people try to blame cows for it today. I suppose it could have been a contributor but I think its more funny headline than science.

Domino's announces a gluten free pizza that still contains gluten. It's for the mildly sensitive. This proves the point that they have no understanding (or respect) for the gluten intolerant. Misleading someone with a sensitivity is pretty dastardly. There is no such thing as a safe level for those who are intolerant and probably not for the rest of us either.

Does Domnio┐s gluten-free pizza actually contain gluten? | Mail Online

274/203/150

Groktimus Primal's - Big Balled Vegans

Groktimus Primal's - Big Balled Vegans

A vegan group wants to make it illegal for the White House to have pictures taken with hot dogs and hamburgers because they believe it sends the wrong message. Just what message might that be? That America is a free country and shoving an opinion down someones throat is wrong? That meat in general is the most healthful nutritionally dense, satisfying thing you can eat?

Vegan group wants POTUS posing sans meat | Washington Examiner

274/203/150

Groktimus Primal's - HbA1C

Groktimus Primal's - HbA1C

Six months ago I did an A1C self test. I am not a diabetic but I like to keep an eye on it. I was borderline at 5.7 and it seems to me that my results in the past were also 5.7. That use to be considered normal but now it is considered pre-diabetes. I was please to see my A1C had dropped to 4.8 which is almost a full point and back into the normal range. I think low carb paleo eating really helps.

274/204/150

Groktimus Primal's - Dream Water

Groktimus Primal's - Dream Water

Walmart has started carrying a product called Dream Water for $2.50 a pop. I don't usually have too much trouble sleeping but I am so wrecked if I don't sleep well that I decided to try a bottle. It's not sugared and contains gaba, melatonin and one of the 5-HTP derivatives so I thought it showed great promise as far as hokey sleep aids go. It is also reasonably pleasantly "Snoozeberry" flavored. It might be worth a try for someone else but it didn't seem to do it for me.

274/202/150

Groktimus Primal's - Little known sugar information

Groktimus Primal's - Little known sugar information

I am a strong opponent of sugar. I know what it does to me. In some ways I am fortunate to have such an obvious reaction to it because it leaves no doubt in my mind how "evil" it is. Much like gluten it's not good for anyone but it's much more obvious if it makes you crap blood.

A couple of interesting facts I learned while reading about sugar is that sugar is also used as a preservative like salt. I thought that was a load of crap because we all know that bacteria love to feed on sugar. The way it was explained to me is that sugar, much like salt can upset the water balance of bacteria and in some cases kill the bacteria by dehydrating it if it's present in sufficient quantities. Sugar can also feed fungus which why it is used as a leavening agent in bread making. The yeast eat the sugar and rapidly give off CO2 causing the bread to rise.

Perhaps a lot of people already know this but I never had it spelled out and brought to my attention and I thought it was interesting. Also it is said that sugar can help heal wounds by feeding the cells and killing the bacteria. This is one of those home remedies that isn't necessarily a fact.

274/202/150

Groktimus Primal's - The Cost of Obesity

Groktimus Primal's - The Cost of Obesity

I get a sick kick out of the government worrying over the so called "cost of obesity". It seems to me the cost is no where near high enough. If the cost were high enough they would not mind telling people the nutritional truth about Paleo and low carb dieting but as it stands now they don't want to take money away from their precious food industry of death. Well folks you can't have it both ways. You can't push wheat, corn and Ho-Ho's down peoples throats while worrying about their health. Of course it's not really their health they are worrying about it's just the big tab that has to be paid when they inevitably get sickly.

274/205/150

Groktimus Primal's - Fitbit and Aria Scale

Groktimus Primal's - Fitbit and Aria Scale

The Fitbit and Aria scale are probably the best in class products (especially when taken together) in my opinion however there is one small thing that really irritates me. Many sites can pull data from the Fitbit site and do miraculous things with that data but no site automatically pulls your weight data that I can find. Unless Fitbit greatly improves their site graphs and navigation I can't "weight" for the day when a slick site can automatically import my weight and do some cool stuff with it. I realize the Fitbit itself is an activity tracker but I enter my weight everyday (or the scale does) and lets be honest in stating that ones weight is the most cared about piece of data and the Aria is all about weight and body fat so lets get automating.

274/204/150

Page 17 of 77 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast