Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 13

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Educate

Primal Fuel
    Groktimus Primal's - Educate

Now I truly understand what Robb Wolf goes through. I have no idea why people feel the need to comment on subjects they have no knowledge of. I just saw some kid who is either blessed enough by birth or is simply too young to experience the pain caused by our carbohydrate driven society bashing the "Adkins" diet. I don't believe that was a typo I think the boy didn't even read the cover of the book. If life could be summed up by soundbites we'd have a really well educated world. I don't think people should even ask questions (let alone preach) until they have fully ingested the appropriate educational material and perhaps gained a bit of actual experience.

Imagine how the quantity of posts would go down but the quality would go way up.

274/209/150

Groktimus Primal's - Kindle PB?

Groktimus Primal's - Kindle PB?

What happened to the Kindle version of PB? I was waiting for it to be updated to the latest version and instead it disappeared from Amazon!

274/209/150

Groktimus Primal's - Inherent Health

Groktimus Primal's - Inherent Health

I see that a company (inherenthealth.com) is offering genetic screening for $170 bucks via mail order test kit. It seems you pay-up, swab your cheek, register it online, send it off and wait. Later you will be able to check the results online and see if you do best with a carb or fat based diet. I would love to try it out but it's a bit pricey and a lot unbelievable (especially since experience has provided me with the answer already).

I would be interested to hear opinions, facts or experiences regarding this. Perhaps Mark or Robb will be good enough to dive into this and find out if there is proof or quackery behind it.

274/207/150

Groktimus Primal's - Advanced Health Formula & Headaches

Groktimus Primal's - Advanced Health Formula & Headaches

Has anyone experienced frequent headaches while taking this supplement? I have taken this for months and began getting worse headaches more frequently which seem to subside when I lay off the vitamins. I love the product and I don't want to stop taking it but I will experiment with on/off cycles to see if that's really the cause.

Has anyone else experienced this? If that's not the cause I'm going to name my brain tumor Waddy.

274/208/150

Groktimus Primal's - LC vs. HC

Groktimus Primal's - LC vs. HC

It hard to believe people are still debating the value of a low carb diet. Here is the deal from my 15 years of experimenting and constant reading...

LC diets definitely benefit most of the obese population because most of them (and many of the lesser obese) have a high degree of insulin resistance. Insulin is definitely a storage hormone that LC tames. Those apple shaped people wandering around Walmart are not just fat slobs (unless they leave their bellies hanging out). They are just ignorant or not financially stable enough to address their carb problem. Once the storage problem is solved the LC diet allows you to drop calories because it is satisfying. Insulin resistance can be controlled but not cured.

If you only have 10 or 20 LBS to lose or are a natural mesomorph then don't bother eating low carb. Just eat regular Paleo or even Weight Watchers may suffice. No one benefits from junk or energy excess.

274/210/150

Groktimus Primal's - The "heat" over red meat

Groktimus Primal's - The "heat" over red meat

It never fails. The media publishes another highly flawed study condemning red meat and so many folks are eating it up. To make matters worse the media adds their own conclusions and spoon feeds it to the ever gullible public. I'm not going to refute it here because if you head over to robbwolf.com he has done a better job than I ever could.

Personally I think when the media trashes red meat it's time to go to the store and bargain shop. Maybe the slight drop in sales will temporarily effect supply and demand and we can save some money! If folks enjoy ingorance then more meat for me.

274/210/150

Groktimus Primal's - US Wellness Jerky

Groktimus Primal's - US Wellness Jerky

I had heard great things about US Wellness so when they offered free shipping and actually had some jerky in stock I ordered some. I ordered a lot because you must order 7 LBS (so it stays frozen) and $75 dollars worth of goods. That's a lot of weight when you are talking about dry jerky.

I had always wondered why companies had to put so much crap in every jerky product I had ever encountered so I was really excited about grass fed jerky that only listed "beef" as an ingredient. While I applaud the company and support what they do I must confess I was disappointed. It was quite expensive and much harder to chew than regular jerky (and I can chew!) not to mention there is not much flavor. The worst part though is without preservatives everything has to stay in the freezer except the extra dry product.

I will eat it and smile but when I finally run out of it I will probably go back to Robb Wolf's stuff and the grocery store crap now and again. I hate the fact that I didn't love it.

Who knows? By the time I finish it I might be addicted to it!

274/210/150

Groktimus Primal's - Belief/Faith/Proof & Bias

Groktimus Primal's - Belief/Faith/Proof & Bias

Like most of the Paleo and/or low carbers I have wanted irrefutable proof to wave under the noses of the rest of the world. Let's look at that for what it is... First of all almost nothing can be made irrefutable or simple enough for the minds and attention spans of many people. Next I have reasoned that an awful lot of people believe what they want to believe and that is how they make through the day. It's like marriage, you can be right or you can be happy and many are sticking their heads in the sand and choosing some version of "happy". Those who don't want to see, most likely never will.

It may not be a bad thing though because if you picture a world that is based on good science and facts then everyone would be dancing to the same tune and that might not be good for natural selection.

I hate to be one of those "soapbox people" but when something saves your life it's gotta generate some passion (assuming you had any life worth saving).

274/210/150

Groktimus Primal's - Paleo Survey

Groktimus Primal's - Paleo Survey

I can't believe the way the Paleo movement is sweeping the world. It's like a dream come true to a large extent. It certainly isn't the accepted norm but I see evidence of more people "waking up" than ever before short of a war protest! Check out the new Paleo Survey...

2012 Paleo Community Survey | Naturally Engineered

I see so many names (many new), books, podcasts and websites. I heard from Paleo Magazine (now available in digital format) that there will be a new cooking show. Once it hits the mainstream media it will really pick up speed but we all know that the media is a mixed blessing and it also will bring out the fools and those with bias and financial interests to protect. I guess we have to take the good with the bad and at least we have science and millions of years on our side. Will it have grandiose fallout or peter-out? Only time will tell.

We need to watch out for the snake oil sales men. Many people (I'm watching a few) are out to make more money than they are to contribute to the welfare of man kind. I will reserve judgement because my opinions are still forming and people do have to earn a living. Like anything else, no one source is going to be right all of the time but I only have time to read the work of those that are serious. The "me too" crowd can help spread the word so long as they are not parasitic to the movement.

That said I must say my mind has been broadened. For example I initially thought that SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth) was holistic nonsense . After reading Dr. Allison Siebecker's work I now believe it's a breakthrough.

I have mixed feeling regarding some of the political views and some of the directions (incorrect in my opinion) people are taking their blogs but debate is good and we are not forced to read them. I find I almost always see the logic or have experienced the correctness of the views expressed by Robb and Mark.

Hang on tight because it's going to get interesting. It's talk show time (any day now).

274/210/150

Groktimus Primal's - The Perfect Human Diet DVD

Groktimus Primal's - The Perfect Human Diet DVD

I watched The Perfect Human Diet DVD I bought from the site Hunt Thompson Media, LLC. It's one man's work of love and life and although it hold's no real surprises for the Paleo community it is well worth watching and supporting. Hunt Thomas almost died (and may still die) from the bogus health information we have all been literally fed. He made the movie with his own money because the truth is important and saves lives. Go grab it and watch it. It is very concise in sending the message (a scientifically supported message).

274/209/150

Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast