Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 12

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Give me a crutch

Primal Fuel
    Groktimus Primal's - Give me a crutch

As much as I believe in the all natural wholefood approach to nutrition I still find I need my crutches. I want to drop weight and be healthy but I just can't seem to force myself to give up low carb protein bars and cheese among other things. Meat and vegetables are my main foods and I'm pretty sure I could benefit from the super strict auto-immune elimination diet but that would just be so rough. I can handle absolutely no grains and very limited legumes and everything kept low carb but that's about as restrictive as I can handle!

I guess I will pay the price until I strike some sort of happy medium.

274/208/150

Groktimus Primal's - Vengeful God

Groktimus Primal's - Vengeful God

Have you ever heard someone say "I didn't ask to be born"? Of course no one is asked and not just because a person that doesn't yet exist can't answer. Except for 1 in a million life is not worth the effort and the 1 in a million is usually too stupid to know he is the 1 in a million. That's why movie stars O.D.

How would you torture someone if you were a God? I can think of a great way. Just create life with no knowledge of purpose or reward. Now for the icing on the cake you embed in the life's DNA an innate fear of pain and death to prevent the new life from getting too smart and self terminating. What fun would that be if you let the life get too smart and win the game?

Oh, and don't forget... You also embed the life with a foolish compulsion to create more purposeless life so that even death from old age will not break the cycle of pain.

Sounds like the 7 circles of hell to me. Perhaps death is the reward for the pain of living/dying?

274/210/150
    Last edited by jfrendek; 02-27-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Groktimus Primal's - Tipping point

Groktimus Primal's - Tipping point

The moment we have all been waiting for is upon us. With the Paleo Summit, Ancestral Health, Primal Con plus all the books, DVDs, podcasts and seminars soon the media will pick up on the interest and every man, woman and child will hear about it (incorrectly I'm sure).

This will then bring down the wrath of the financial vested and the ignorant who will not be dissuaded because they already know all of the facts from years of listening to conventional wisdom that some how has not worked for them but yet they still believe. (like Santa Claus)

We will then attempt to educate but the media will not have it because if it's not controversial then it is not exciting enough to watch. Then we will discover just how thick a primal skull can be. Finally we will move on while we watch the news tell us how America is getting fatter by the second and must cut the fat.

Eventually we will just sit back and watch (and pay for) all the unnecessary disability the Standard American Diet creates.

274/209/150

Groktimus Primal's - Paleo Summit

Groktimus Primal's - Paleo Summit

Head over to the Paleo Summit site and purchase the seminars now for $67 bucks. This is awesome!

274/209/150

Groktimus Primal's - The Ice Man Dieth

Groktimus Primal's - The Ice Man Dieth

Here is a link to information regarding Oetzi. The 5000 year old ice man that died.

Ancient Iceman murder victim was lactose-intolerant, sickly ? The Register

They say he was unhealthy, had Lyme Disease and signs of heart disease which they seem to consider as evidence that heart disease is not an illness of modern times. I find this ridiculous, yes the man did not have access to Twinkies yet but he certainly may have had access to agriculture. Ice man or not I doubt he lived exclusively on clubbing baby seals!

274/209/150

Groktimus Primal's - 30 Days

Groktimus Primal's - 30 Days

You know what I would like to see? An episode of Morgan Spurlock's 30 Days. where Spurlock himself does the 30 days under the complete guidance of Robb Wolf. His diet, sleeping, exercise and any other variables that are feasible are followed to the letter. It would be funny, interesting and informative. It would also peak the interest of many people and perhaps put Spurlock in the best shape of his life. It would be an all around win.

274/209/150

Groktimus Primal's - Dr. Oz on Balls

Groktimus Primal's - Dr. Oz on Balls

I was watching Dr. Oz (for entertainment purposes only) and a woman in the audience asked him why her husbands balls hand unevenly. Dr. Oz gave a very primal answer by stating it was natures way of keeping them from knocking together! I don't know how true it is but I really liked the answer.

274/208/150

Groktimus Primal's - Orthorexia

Groktimus Primal's - Orthorexia

Wow that's a mouthful. I was reading an Ebook on Intermittent Fasting (IF) and they threw that term out there. Although it's not recognized by the medical industry apparently it refers to someone with an insane level of compulsion to eat healthy perfectly and consistently without a margin for error. I'd like to meet someone who would even know how to do that!

That's not my favorite term that took some time for me to hear about though. My favorite term is "pannus". A pannus is that lower belly flap of fat on the super morbidly obese that makes sure they never find their genitals.

274/208/150

Groktimus Primal's - The Great & Powerful Dr. Oz (not)

Groktimus Primal's - The Great & Powerful Dr. Oz (not)

I was caught watching Dr. Oz again (sad I know) but I couldn't turn away because it was about anorexia and if there is anything better than a good train wreck it's a good weight related train wreck. He had this poor bastard on his show that runs a pro-ana website and of course they did the best they could to make him appear to be Satan incarnate.

Now I'm not a fan of this sort of thing but I still think people need to mind their own business and take responsibility for themselves. The site is not completely negative and people are free to come and go as they please. I know if I had that problem I would want some form of commiseration with others in the same boat and no one makes them read it. If they are under 18 it's a parental thing, if they are adults well then they need to think for themselves.

There are a lot of folks who think MDA is a bunch of unjustified quackery too but I like Mark's ideas and he does not force me to read or implement them. What happened to all the adults? Why can't people think for themselves? Why do others try to insist on doing it for them? That is the truest form of enabling! Lessons are almost never learned when others always catch you when you fall.

Someone said they might as well have a pro-cancer site. I say if someone feels the need go for it and if others are stupid enough to join put up some ads and start making money. Dr. Oz apparently has nothing against making money with hokey shit.

274/208/150

Groktimus Primal's - Firefox Grok Persona

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Groktimus Primal's - Firefox Grok Persona

I hope Mark doesn't mind but I created a Firefox Grok Persona for us Primal folk. For those of you who may not know what a Firefox Persona is (have you been living in a cave?), it's like a limited skin or theme you can use to personalize Firefox. If you are interested in using it (all personas are free) just follow this link...

Personas for Firefox | Grok On

...or go to the getpersonas.com website and search for "Grok".

Let me know what you think or if you create something better!

274/210/150

Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast