Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Groktimus Primal's Experience page 11

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Groktimus Primal's - Downtime

Shop Now
    Groktimus Primal's - Downtime

Wow, the board outage was starting to worry me. Our prehistoric ancestors only had to deal with social engineering hacks not internet ones! I sure hope Mark has it sorted out. I know it can be difficult when up against malicious intent. Perhaps it will make the system stronger, sort of like evolution. If someone wants to be malicious there are many other misguided entities I could think of that I would feel less sorry for if attacked

274/207/150

Groktimus Primal's - Sociopath

Groktimus Primal's - Sociopath

It occurred to me the other day (again) that I just might be somewhat of a sociopath. I have a bad back and I recently told someone I would rather take a warehouse job than work in customer service ever again. I also find a day of social situations more tiring than most physical labor and I am not in great shape for physical labor. Maybe I am just suffering the arrested development of growing up fat but I don't think there is enough time left in my life for me to ever recover. I hate being dependent on others but I never developed all the skills necessary to not be. Also no man is an island if he is close to one he is probably quite miserable for different reasons. I don't mean anyone any harm at least, in fact I'd rather not deal with most people at all and I suppose that is a saving grace that will keep me out of prison. It's not the happiest life but some change seems beyond me. It's part of my core being now.

274/207/150

Groktimus Primal's - Droid 4

Groktimus Primal's - Droid 4

I just upgraded my cell phone to the Droid 4 and let me tell you it was a good decision. While I loved my original droid the droid 4 was a vast speed/useability improvement for a primate on the run. Don't worry it's Primal approved as it still has it's vestigial tail, I mean keyboard!

274/207/150

Groktimus Primal's - Sleep

Groktimus Primal's - Sleep

I thought I knew how important sleep was but but I am reading a book titled "The Familiy That Couldn't Sleep". Some of the family members inherit a gene the causes them to create prions in middle age that destroys their thalmus gland. As the disease progresses they lose the ability to sleep. Then at some point they become varying degrees of crazy or unstable. Eventually they sink into a coma like state and die of exhausten that can't be traced to a single root cause. Their adrenal glands atrophy because the stress load forces them to burn out from the andrenaline and cortisol production. Even when they do appear to be sleeping it is not a normal cycle or duration and it does not make them feel rested.

The moral of the story? Do you know someone who is batshit crazy? They may not be sleeping even if they appear to be and taking sleeping aids may only be masking the problem by providing psuedo sleep. Many of the antipsycotic drugs function by affecting the sleep cycle. I think evetually many mentally ill patients will be at least partially diagnosed as professional insomniacs!

274/207/150

Groktimus Primal's - Pain

Groktimus Primal's - Pain

I was wondering what I should post today and I though I didn't really feel like posting and then I figured out why. For the moment I don't have a headache and I realized that for me that was the equivalent of being high. It's very sad when pleasure becomes the lack of severe pain but it really puts things in perspective.

Unfortunately when I'm hurting, naturally I don't feel like doing much but when I have brief relief I also don't want to do much because I'm having a brief moment of "enjoyment". I end up trying to do whatever I need to do though because I know the pain will come back and when it's bad that is about all I can deal with. It kinda makes me even more useless.

As crazy as this sounds I wish I could invent a device that could be discretely worn that causes an adjustable amount of non-damaging pain. Dr. House pointed out that the brain is a gating mechanism and will shut out one source of pain for another source of pain if that pain is stronger. So much like banging ones head against the wall for headache relief I would like the ability to change to a different kind of pain for a while by say making an arm or leg hurt until my headache becomes less significant. Pretty sick huh? It's like keeping ipecac around to binge and purge kind of sick.

I only wish we had decent healthcare and Doctor's that were actually capable of fixing people. What I learn from Dr. House has been more useful than most of my real medical care.

274/209/150

Groktimus Primal's - Yin Yang

Groktimus Primal's - Yin Yang

It's a wonder we live as long as we do. When I look at pretty much any aspect of life I find it's feast or famine. It's just like work... Either people are unemployed or greatly underemployed or they are putting in 50-60 hour weeks while others have nothing to do.

It seems like balance and homeostasis are always the unspoken goal but rarely achieved for long. A consistent 40 hour weekday job that does not completely kill you with stress (especially one with any pay) seems as unlikely as my getting the last ounce of superfluous fat off my body.

I suppose if life could be reduced to consistent simplicity we would really start de-evolving without a stress stimulus.

274/207/150

Groktimus Primal's - Mad Cow

Groktimus Primal's - Mad Cow

I am reading about prion diseases and it brought something scary to my attention. We all know how horrible the government is regarding the food supply. They are so toothless and cater to the industry that the fox has been watching the chicken coop forever it seems. Well how about this...

It's not just processed or ecoli laden stuff that the government turns a fairly blind eye to while protecting the agricultural industry they actually tried to cover up mad cow disease. They took forever to recognize it and then they did small amounts of testing and whenever they got a positive test they basically kept testing again and again until they got a answer they liked better. They tried to lead the public to believe that they knew what they were doing and had it all under control. I guess that tactic certainly isn't new.

Now here is the really scary part. There are a zillion different neurological disorders and they are very complicated. People die of "unknown" or incorrectly diagnosed diseases everyday. I'll bet people are still dying today but they just label it Alzheimer's or dementia and say move on... nothing to see or learn here!

It appears that the cows and the public geting fat is not enough. The industry needs to get fat as well at our expense.

274/207/150

Groktimus Primal's - Farmageddon

Groktimus Primal's - Farmageddon

I was catching up on my Robb Wolf podcasts and I heard him reference a movie called Farmageddon which illustrates how the government is harassing milk producers that sell unprocessed milk. It's not out until April but I watched the trailer and per-ordered it from Amazon.

While I believe all food comes with a risk I believe that unprocessed food may be less sterile but it is also more nutritious. I also believe that as adults in a "free" country we should be able to make our own choices. I choose not to drink milk at all but that's just me. I think federal raids on the Amish and farmers in general is beyond ridiculous and driven by big business that wants the little guy out of the way so they can control the food supply and make tons of money feeding us cheap shit at high prices. As Robb said it's really self sufficiency that is under attack and that is seriously scary.

A dependent population is much easier to control. Count me in as one of the lunatic fringe. Where's my tin foil hat? Has anyone seen my tin foil hat?

274/208/150

Groktimus Primal's - The secret to life

Groktimus Primal's - The secret to life

Or at least a longer, happier life. Maybe there is something to the guru who sits in his diaper on top of a mountain and tells anyone willing to seek him out a piece of simple advice that either they should know or perhaps do know but haven't been using.

The advice Mark dispenses is often simple and seemingly a no brainer except for the fact that people seem to need to hear it, believe it and build it into a way of life and that is something very few people were capable of doing before someone like Mark rubbed their nose in it.

Occam's razor does tell us the simplest answer is often the best (if not the only) answer to any question. I thought I found the answer with low carb and for the most part I did but then I learned that shaping the low carb diet around paleo foods was even better. I also learned early that each person is somewhat different and even though the basics are normally the same a diet must be tailored to the mental, physical, financial and practicality of the individual.

Aside from nuances I can't imagine I'll learn anything else as significant as the combination of a tailored low carb paleo diet but I am definitely open to learning.

274/208/150

Groktimus Primal's - Free The Animal

Groktimus Primal's - Free The Animal

I recommend people take a look at the Free The Animal website and then head over to Amazon and buy the Kindle ebook. When I dive into something I become an information junky and while the book is short and simple Richard Nikoley did an excellent job of not only explaining things clearly but adding insight. For example he naturally talks about saturated fat being not only necessary but good for you but then when he is done debunking the conventional wisdom he goes on to state that all diets that are effective are high fat diets simply because an effective diet forces you to use your fat stores which must re-enter your blood stream to be used!

Check it out and no I am not getting a cut of any profits.

I can see that if I live long enough I'm going to be one of those old guys who just sits there watching the history channel.

274/207/150

Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast