Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Going it alone, without family support page 9

mammlouk is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    This was the one part that stood out. 1/4# is big? Come on- you can do better than that . . .
    Agreed! My 5'10" 116lb wife can put away a half pounder just as fast as I can! My 6 year old ate a 1/3 pounder for dinner and asked for more the other day!
    Beginning of Primal Journey:
    Date: 4/6/2011
    Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

mammlouk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    This grok is on a budget and has had a lot of protein today. This was one of the stipulations provided by my wife and is a part of the compromise I have made to keep peace in the house.
    Fair enough!
    Beginning of Primal Journey:
    Date: 4/6/2011
    Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mammlouk View Post
    Agreed! My 5'10" 116lb wife can put away a half pounder just as fast as I can! My 6 year old ate a 1/3 pounder for dinner and asked for more the other day!
    I would pay for grass fed steaks all day smothered in butter all day if it were up to me. lol

Can I have your family? That way I don't have to think about how I'm going to deal with another fragmented dinner again?
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 11-09-2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Josh, I think the thing to keep in mind when trying to converse with someone about this stuff is that you have to remember that while you are terribly convinced that this is the right path, so are THEY that their nutritional guidelines are the right ones. I think you did a good job of presenting evidence and they were just being obstinate. It seems like they don't actually understand what they are talking about, even using SAD "rules of health". I'm pretty sure it's a fairly well accepted fact that margarine is not good for you nowadays (but then again, the alternative seems to be corn-based "fats").
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Josh, I think the thing to keep in mind when trying to converse with someone about this stuff is that you have to remember that while you are terribly convinced that this is the right path, so are THEY that their nutritional guidelines are the right ones. I think you did a good job of presenting evidence and they were just being obstinate. It seems like they don't actually understand what they are talking about, even using SAD "rules of health". I'm pretty sure it's a fairly well accepted fact that margarine is not good for you nowadays (but then again, the alternative seems to be corn-based "fats").
    I use conventional wisdom against them and they STILL don't wanna hear it, it's so frustrating .
    Follow me on google+

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Josh, I read this whole thread.

I believe my father has aspberger's although I do not know if he has ever been tested or diagnosed. All through my life growing up he had an obsession with diet. He's 74 years old and still does. Part of the reason for that had to do with child abuse when he was a kid, but it really wouldn't matter in the end what the reason was. Food, diet and health issues were simply one of his many interests.

He always ate a totally different meal than we did as I was growing up. It drove my mom nuts and they fought a lot. Dinner was always a very tense time in our house. Nobody spoke to each other and hatred burned in the air. If there is one thing about my childhood that still makes me sad, it is that.

My dad read lots of diet books and drove us all nuts as he preached and printed out articles and asked us all the time if we read them. He was really ahead of his time when it came to insulin resistence and dietary fat and all that. None of us listed to him. He was so different from normal people how could we not think he was nuts? It didn't seem to upset him as much as it upsets you but I have no idea how he felt inside.

The thing is, here he is 74 years old and winning races in his age group and it turns out all these years maybe he knew a few things. He lived his life and we've all lived ours. Everything works out somehow in the end. It's only cheerios. Just be the best you can be, live to be 74 winning races in your age group. When your kids are in their 40s they'll have a healthy dad they can be proud of.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Josh, I read this whole thread.

I believe my father has aspberger's although I do not know if he has ever been tested or diagnosed. All through my life growing up he had an obsession with diet. He's 74 years old and still does. Part of the reason for that had to do with child abuse when he was a kid, but it really wouldn't matter in the end what the reason was. Food, diet and health issues were simply one of his many interests.

He always ate a totally different meal than we did as I was growing up. It drove my mom nuts and they fought a lot. Dinner was always a very tense time in our house. Nobody spoke to each other and hatred burned in the air. If there is one thing about my childhood that still makes me sad, it is that.

My dad read lots of diet books and drove us all nuts as he preached and printed out articles and asked us all the time if we read them. He was really ahead of his time when it came to insulin resistence and dietary fat and all that. None of us listed to him. He was so different from normal people how could we not think he was nuts? It didn't seem to upset him as much as it upsets you but I have no idea how he felt inside.

The thing is, here he is 74 years old and winning races in his age group and it turns out all these years maybe he knew a few things. He lived his life and we've all lived ours. Everything works out somehow in the end. It's only cheerios. Just be the best you can be, live to be 74 winning races in your age group. When your kids are in their 40s they'll have a healthy dad they can be proud of.

This is how it always ends up.

You bet I'll show em.

Especially with my deep fried potatoes I'm gonna have tonight. I've got my own beef fat to render (grass fed) and I'm going to have good food tonight.

Also, thank you very much for your thoughts. It really hurts inside watching helplessly as my daughter drinks a cup of soymilk because my wife can't produce breastmilk at the moment. (she's pregnant)
    Follow me on google+

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789