Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going it alone, without family support page 3

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    Her doctor told her to tell me this: "I don't know what ancestors you believe in, but my ancestors invented tortellini, and they should be on your plate more often."
    OMG. An insult to one's ancestors is probably the rudest remark imaginable. I would drop that bastard like a hot iron.

The only dignified rebuttal is to grow a six-pack and have sex on his grave.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    OMG. An insult to one's ancestors is probably the rudest remark imaginable. I would drop that bastard like a hot iron.

HAHA. Except my wife loves this doctor. I simply cannot change her mind. It's MIND BOGGLING!

grow a six-pack and have sex on his grave
    have sex on his grave
    Will do.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    yeesh, that's rough dude. Just wanted to say that you have my condolences! Sounds like this is not the most optimal time for a transition, but when is?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    yeesh, that's rough dude. Just wanted to say that you have my condolences! Sounds like this is not the most optimal time for a transition, but when is?
    Thanks, you guys are a great support group. Thanks for your condolences. Though I might need more when my marriage falls apart when I don't eat a goddamn plate of spaghetti and meatballs.

As for timing, there would never have been a good time. Even after all this research I've done, all these leptin resets I've been doing, all those weights/reps I've done to lose 25 pounds in 1 month is not enough for people to realize they have been brainwashed (literally drugged up) by the evil grain monster.

I'm gonna go soothe my heart with some bacon when I get home.
    Follow me on google+

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Muahaha! Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Josh, you have exactly the right attitude so I know you will be successful. When people give you BS like that, just shovel it onto the bonfire of your motivation and watch it burn to the sky.

If you really wanted to put that doctor's lingerie in a twist -- not that he deserves your attention, but in theory -- you could follow strict primal for another month or so and get a blood test from him. "Gosh, I'm so concerned about my cholesterol, I can't break my habit of eating fatty meat all the time and I think I'm allergic to tortellini." Your numbers would tie his forked tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Muahaha! Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Josh, you have exactly the right attitude so I know you will be successful. When people give you BS like that, just shovel it onto the bonfire of your motivation and watch it burn to the sky.

If you really wanted to put that doctor's lingerie in a twist -- not that he deserves your attention, but in theory -- you could follow strict primal for another month or so and get a blood test from him. "Gosh, I'm so concerned about my cholesterol, I can't break my habit of eating fatty meat all the time and I think I'm allergic to tortellini." Your numbers would tie his forked tongue.
    I'll just say I followed a couple of recipes by paula deen.

pic related, it's my hero.

Edit:
    Tim, thanks again.
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 10-07-2011 at 12:02 PM.
    Follow me on google+

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    With the number of people on these forums who have had their cholesterol and triglycerides fall into the healthy range eating this way, I wouldn't worry about a heart attack. I'll let you know later this week how my husbands numbers have changed as he is a cardiac patient with a history of high cholesterol. Having cut out all grains and sugars will have had to make a difference!

Be true to you.

mammlouk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    Hit another snag today. My wife's pregnancy doctor told her that her testosterone levels are raised because of all the "MEAT" she's been eating. In reality, she's been eating McDonalds burgers and such.
    Besides the meat being crappy I would expect that her testosterone levels are elevated due to insulin resistance. Pregnant women become naturally more insulin resistant in order to store extra energy for the baby to live off of during times of famine. In our society with the amount of carbs we eat this leads to "pregnancy diabetes", but in an ideal situation the added insulin resistance is not a bad thing. High levels of insulin for prolonged periods of time lead to increased estrogen production in males and increased testosterone production in females. If you think you can get her to listen to/watch some pregnancy nutrition stuff and have the money to spare I highly recommend checking out "The Healthy Baby Code" by Chris Kresser. There will not be a huge amount of new info for you, but it sounds like it would be new to your wife. I'm pretty sure you can get the introduction/interview for free just buy signing up for the mailing list.
    Beginning of Primal Journey:
    Date: 4/6/2011
    Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mammlouk View Post
    Besides the meat being crappy I would expect that her testosterone levels are elevated due to insulin resistance. Pregnant women become naturally more insulin resistant in order to store extra energy for the baby to live off of during times of famine. In our society with the amount of carbs we eat this leads to "pregnancy diabetes", but in an ideal situation the added insulin resistance is not a bad thing. High levels of insulin for prolonged periods of time lead to increased estrogen production in males and increased testosterone production in females. If you think you can get her to listen to/watch some pregnancy nutrition stuff and have the money to spare I highly recommend checking out "The Healthy Baby Code" by Chris Kresser. There will not be a huge amount of new info for you, but it sounds like it would be new to your wife. I'm pretty sure you can get the introduction/interview for free just buy signing up for the mailing list.
    Hah i knew there was something about this that was fishy. Just try telling my lw that.
    Follow me on google+

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i am always so sad to read of pregnant ladies eating so poorly. it's just so sad. it's so unhealthy for her and the baby.

but, otherwise, congratulations on both of your babies (the 9 mo too).

---

as for this, the best bet is not to comment. truthfully, just do what you want/need to do. eat what you need to eat.

you have said what you can and need to say. now it's time that she respect your space and you respect hers without compromising yourself.

---

doctor's, man, there's no educating them.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast