Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies: Advice on dropping a cup size page

Question Ladies: Advice on dropping a cup size

Shop Now
    Hi ladies,

I've lost 70 lbs in the last 7 months without a drop in cup size. I've lost 4 band sizes (went from a 42 DD, now I'm told I'm a 36DD), but my cup size has not dropped. Problem is I'm 5'1" and I'm pretty damn sure a DD size cup is TOO BIG for the rest of what my body is supposed to look like. I think I'm starting to feel the neck, shoulder, and back pain that come with breast that are too big. Is this fat just being stubborn? I've started looking into breast reduction surgery costs ($5,00 to $8,000 when all is said and done, but I don't have that kind of money lying around right now), etc and have an appointment with my doc this Wednesday to see what she thinks.

Trixie is offline Junior Member
    Give it some time, say 6mos, to a year to see if it redistributes. Fat is fat and your body will keep adjusting if you keep working out and eating healthy. Get a good fitting bra, yes, Victoria's Secret is pretty, but for workouts especially ; they don't take care of the girls if they are DD.
    you need one that fits good and holds things in place when you work out. A well fitting bra can help with a lot of pain.

cranehigh is offline Senior Member
    It may just be being stubborn. I lost 80 pounds while keeping my DDs, and then all of a sudden they started shrinking during the next 10 pounds. I'm assuming some of it is also hormonal. I started losing cup size as soon as I cut out grains, probably because between the weight loss and the change in insulin response, my hormones are figuring themselves out.

I was pretty sure I would need to go the surgery route too if I wanted them to get smaller, but then it just happened.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    While some do lose cup sizes it's not terribly uncommon not to, or for shorter women to have larger breasts. I'm not quite 5'3" and wear a 32DD. I could stand to lose a few more pounds, although it doesn't matter to me if I don't. I'm naturally kind of stocky. I doubt my cup size would go down much, if at all, if I do. Have you been professionally sized and bought good quality bras? This can help immensely.

What would you suggest for a quality bra? Oh, and I was fitted at both JCPenney and Victoria Secret and they both said I was a DD, maybe even DDD. I don't have a lot of extra money to spend, where can I find a good 36DD, preferably wireless? I also still have some weight to loose (about 30 to 35 lbs), thanks for all the replies.
    Last edited by kivawolfspeaker; 09-20-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Trixie is offline Junior Member
    For workouts, go to a running store and they have bras with cups, as opposed to those monoboob things that squash things. Some department stores do as well. And I think Soma is a good brand, and lane bryant has some good ones for everyday too. Most department stores can fit you, not all have knowledgeable sales people though. Do a google search for "running and dd cups" and you will get all kinds of advice.

If your workouts strengthen the back muscles, and you have good support, it makes things easier, and you can spend that surgery money on a nice trip to an island.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Are you eating conventionally-raised meat & dairy?

If so, switching to 100% grass-fed and/or organic will reduce your exposure to xenoestrogens.

Also, clearing out your cleaning & beauty aid products of anything containing parabens can help.

Estrogen promotes breast tissue growth.

What would the price range be?

Sherissima is offline Member
    Cup sizes are relative to the band size - if you've kept your old bras you can compare (just the cups) and see that you've gone down!

Especially as you still have weight/fat to lose, see where you end up once you've achieved ideal body composition. You may find your breasts have shrunk, and even if not, it will be easier to find cute underwear!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Are you eating conventionally-raised meat & dairy?

If so, switching to 100% grass-fed and/or organic will reduce your exposure to xenoestrogens.

Also, clearing out your cleaning & beauty aid products of anything containing parabens can help.

Estrogen promotes breast tissue growth.
    I don't do dairy(expect for on rare occassions), as my system can't handle much and I have switched to grass-fed organic ground beef and uncured bacon. I do eat caned TJ's wild salmon & TJ's yellowfin tuna in olive oil with TJs real Mayoniase and wild caught salmon fillets and tipalia(both from some company that starts with an M) I do add conventional lunch meat (ham & roast beef) to my salads.

I use hardly any beauty aids (no deodarant, only Kiss My Face shampoo & conditioner (twice a week).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast