Thread: What is your favorite crockpot recipe? page

Drifter is offline Member

What is your favorite crockpot recipe?

Primal Fuel
    I have been using the crockpot a lot lately and it got me thinking, if I could only make one crockpot recipe going forward what would it be? For me it would probably be Chili since it is so darn good and easy to throw together. What is your favorite recipe to make in the crockpot, your go to when you want to make a delicious meal? And if possible post how to make it!

Thanks,

Drifter

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    I am in love with the crock pot! I like BBQ pork. Just cook a roast. Shred it and add BBQ sauce and cook a bit longer. I like it hot or cold.

Crock pot chicken is a big hit with my family too.

Ancient Embrace: Crockpot Chicken

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Ditto a pork roast to make some kind of pulled pork out of. So easy. Cut roast in half, stick it in pot, add water halfway up. Cook five or so hours. Go out and take a walk, play, wash the car, whateve. When pork is easily shredded, remove from pot, drain water, shred pork. Now you can add your favorite sauce or spices. I like to make Mexican flavors - adding cumin, oregano, lime juice. Wrap in lettuce with guac and thin slices or raw onion or green onion, another spritz of lime. Eat.

Drifter is offline Member
    For the pork roast. Do you think it will be fine if it stays in there for up to 10 hours? Ideally i would put it in when I go to work and then do the pulling apart when i get home.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    beef and pork roasts, ribs, anything that is better with a low slow cook gets put in my crock pot. For pork roast or ribs I usually do a dry rub and put a little homemade bbq sauce in the bottom, put it on low and walk away. It makes liquid, then just pull and serve. I have done it for 8 hours, not sure if the meat would get gummy after 10? never had to go that long.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    It will be fine for 10 hours. I do mine over night all the time and it is great for pulled pork dishes. If you want to have a roast that you cut into slices 10 hours will be a bit too long.

EvansMom is offline Senior Member
    Basically any meat that is fatty, with onions. Works well for tri-tip, roasts, pork shoulder, etc (you get the point). Add some tomatoes too to pork shoulder, along with paprika/cayenne/chipotle.

Another one for fall/winter: (Beef?) stew
    Add cubed fatty (beef?) meat, potatoes, onion, smashed garlic cloves, 2T of balasamic vinegar, carrots, salt & pepper. Can add other spices to taste (rosemary, etc). Leave on for about 8 hours, along with a little liquid (veggies will naturally release some juices, don't overfill with water/stock). Makes a great stew, and shouldn't be "soupy" so don't add too much water to crock pot, maybe about a cup or so only.

Look for old cookbooks at used bookstore, the ones where they weren't afraid of meat and fat and adapt the recipies. It works really well.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Beef short ribs.........Oh MY!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

primalblonde is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HillsideGina View Post
    Ditto a pork roast to make some kind of pulled pork out of. So easy. Cut roast in half, stick it in pot, add water halfway up. Cook five or so hours. Go out and take a walk, play, wash the car, whateve. When pork is easily shredded, remove from pot, drain water, shred pork. Now you can add your favorite sauce or spices. I like to make Mexican flavors - adding cumin, oregano, lime juice. Wrap in lettuce with guac and thin slices or raw onion or green onion, another spritz of lime. Eat.
    Dang, that sounds so good. I've never made pork...what does a roast look like? LOL *runs away and hides*

spskins is offline Junior Member
    Kaluah Pork. Just made it the other day. Line the bottom of the crock with strips of bacon. Stud the shoulder with whole cloves of garlic and add 1 tsp of sea salt per lb of pork. Add no liquid. Cook on low for 16-20 hrs. Unbelievably good with some cauliflower fried rice.