Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frozen Ground Beef... what to do? page

Lilyheart is offline Senior Member

Frozen Ground Beef... what to do?

Primal Fuel
    SEE UPDATE - NO Need to respond to this repetitive thread
    =======
    Today is going absolutely horrible. I'm sure there are a ton of recipes here on the boards but all the letters keep swimming around and I find myself reading about tortillas instead of dinner.

Any suggestions on what to do with ground beef? I just did toss herbs and tomato sauce in with it 2 days ago and it took 2 days to eat it all up and I just don't know what else to do right now. Maybe hamburgers? how?

Please help the lady desperate crawling away from an anxiety attack (and trying to leave it in a deep hole far far away).

UPDATE: UPDATE:
    I think I'll just IF the rest of the day as crawling away has not worked. Ths is my first full blown attack since starting the primal life a few weeks ago and I am terribly not prepared to handle both it and primal. I guess all those benefits to thie WoE haven't kicked in yet. I'm not sure I'd trust myself cooking on the stove now unless someone has some microwave trick.
    Last edited by Lilyheart; 09-19-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Egerland is offline Senior Member
    Meatballs. Add some finely chopped onion and a dash or two of red wine to the pan. Cook slowly. Relax.

bobkat is offline Member
    I can eat my weight in ground beef with onions, mushrooms and maybe some zucchini. Just start the beef in a skillet, and when it's about half done, start adding the onions first, then the mushrooms and then the zucchini. That is one of my favorite simple meals.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    RTFM?

We answer this question about once a week it seems like.

MEATZZA!!

If you don't know that one by now, you fail at primal. Hand in your paleo patches, and report for summary cannibalization.

Lilyheart is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for those with helpful suggestions.

I think I'll just IF the rest of the day as crawling away has not worked. Ths is my first full blown attack since starting the primal life a few weeks ago and I am terribly not prepared to handle both it and primal. I guess all those benefits to thie WoE haven't kicked in yet.

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    i love ground beef, especially grass fed .. i always grill out burgers .. about 1/3lb each ... bring those to work for lunch .. easy to dress up somewhat, and add a veggie side and im in business .. ate one today!
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Said before in other threads on this very same topic- Stuffed peppers.

Sorry you're feeling anxious, there's nothing to be afraid of...except all that stuff.

BCingyou is offline Member
    When I think ground beef, I immediately think chili. It's basically infinitely flexible and can be made in huge quantities if necessary. I love spicy food so this is where I always end up with ground beef. Also pretty damn simple to cook, one-pot meal.

sarak is offline Junior Member
    I cook for 8 plus my husband takes a second serving to work. To trim down on time I've adapted some recipes because honestly, cooking meatballs or stuffed peppers or whatever for 9 people is just too much. Here are some of my ideas for ground beef....

Cook ground beef in skillet (even if it's frozen just hack off a chunk the size you want) cook until done, add some cheese if you like it, we have a smoked raw cheddar we like....slice some onions and tomatoes and scatter on top. This is like a hamburger but much lazier

again, hack off a chunk and fry in skillet, add nutmeg, pepper, cook until done and add some almond flour to thicken and heavy cream - tastes like Swedish meatballs but a heck of a lot less work.

add cabbage while cooking and onions, throw in some herbs from the garden - don't know what you'd call it but my family likes it.

Hope that helps for next time.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you are craving tortillas Paloe cabbage rolls are super-yummy. It ingeniously uses chopped boiled eggs instead of grain that is used in the classic cabbage rolls, and it can be steamed, slow cooked, baked in a pan or fried after you rolled 'em up. If rolling is not your thing, lazy cabbage rolls use all the same ingredients, but are braised wiuth chopped cabbage, instead of steaming cabbage leaves.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast